• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Am worlds courses

Maybe I don't understand the math? 6 Rounds in 4 days. If you fill both 27s (Birds Ruins and Token Creek) that's 216 players, add 3 more courses that's another 216 players (total of 6 pools). Both Tolken Creek and Birds Ruins will be 1 round a day due to lack of time. Add the fairness of play (all players in same division playing the same course) it just doesn't jive.

With the reduction of field size and the registration criteria, the only players left out will be from the United States. Field reduction does not lend to "growing the sport".

I have been to the past 2 worlds and enjoyed myself at both, had to drive over 40 minutes to get to the next course on some days and made it.

Just seems that it doesn't jive on paper.

In my opinion us Wisconsinite disc golfers should care how this ends up.

Hope to see you there!

I'm entitled to my opinion, any derogatory comments are senseless.

You made one post. My unanswered question was the only reply. Where are any derogatory comments?

My opinion would be field size does not really have any bearing on "growing the sport". A positive, competitive, well run, fun event does.

You made one post. My unanswered question was the only reply. Where are any derogatory comments?

My opinion would be field size does not really have any bearing on "growing the sport". A positive, competitive, well run, fun event does.

I did not mean that they were said, I meant future ones.

So with 8 pools will it be 4 MA1, 1 MM1, 1 MG1 and the other 2 for all other divisions?

No decisions have been made (that I'm aware of). I've looked back at the last 10 years of registration stats. Emporia in 2013 was the last one to have a capacity under 600, and they had three pools (216 players) for MA1. In 2010 and 2011, when they had totals of 504 and 44 players, respectively, there were less than 200. However, from 2006 to 2009, the totals were between 530 and 595, but they had 245 to 280 in MA1.

Based on recent history, I would think there will be at least three pools for MA1, at least one full pool for MM1, and 1.5-2 pools for women and juniors combined. That would leave 2-2.5 pools of players to divide between add'l MA1, add'l MM1, MG1, MS1, ML1, or add'l women / juniors. A nice thing about the smaller divisions (MS1, ML1 and all women's / juniors') is that there are a lot of possible combinations of divisions and sizes to come up with pools and assign them to the appropriate courses and tees. The bad news is that there are a lot of combinations to work through. :)

We'll be working with the PDGA on all of this, including overall event capacity, and appropriate courses / tees for each division. If you've followed past worlds, you may have noticed that they go through multiple drafts of pool configurations and course assignments as the event gets closer.