• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Glass Blown Open

If I recall correctly, only the Memorial, GBO, and Gentlemen's Club Challenge used more than two last year ... and Memorial was the first time because of the new addition of a course that year. I hear they may be going back to two.

Yes, the Memorial has gone back to two courses.

So it's looking like the will be some pretty big changes to the pool assignments this year along with the addition of the Cottonwood Falls course. But the biggest thing in my mind is that the Open division is playing 3 rounds at the country club. I hate this idea.

Another reason why I won't go to this event

Yes, the Memorial has gone back to two courses.

Leaving the GCC, renamed Las Vegas Club Challenge, as the only one with more than two. Unless they change the *TBA course to one of the ones used in earlier rounds.

Another reason why I won't go to this event

Can you elaborate a bit more on this? I'm not trying to be accosting, genuinely curious.

I thought most touring pros appreciated less courses to practice at these events. Any specific reasons?

Can you elaborate a bit more on this? I'm not trying to be accosting, genuinely curious.

I thought most touring pros appreciated less courses to practice at these events. Any specific reasons?

Its just geared towards the guys who have a cannon, no finesse needed. To me its not fun golf to watch or play.

I have no interest in playing on ball golf courses anymore. They are just too boring for my taste

I have no interest in playing on ball golf courses anymore. They are just too boring for my taste

You are by no means the only one who thinks this. After the World Championships there (Ricky's first WC), several pros I personally know called the event "boring". I don't know why people consider these long, wide open, no-woods courses to be "good"; they really do get to be boring to watch.

You are by no means the only one who thinks this. After the World Championships there (Ricky's first WC), several pros I personally know called the event "boring". I don't know why people consider these long, wide open, no-woods courses to be "good"; they really do get to be boring to watch.

When I played the Brewster Ridge Open this summer I preferred Brewster even though I did better on Fox Run, but so did the rest of the field but to a much bigger degree. I like technical shots, preferably with low ceilings and tight gaps even though I can throw 400'. I would prefer playing multiple courses as a pro, especially if they were tightly wooded, in order to stop the big arms from taking everything, that being said I am still trying to increase my distance.

If the wind is up, that adds enough challenge to make the Emporia courses interesting. Then you find out who can manage high winds, which is a legit disc golf skill. But I tend to agree when it's calm.

If the wind is up, that adds enough challenge to make the Emporia courses interesting. Then you find out who can manage high winds, which is a legit disc golf skill. But I tend to agree when it's calm.

Really interesting to see who has a high speed overstable disc bagged.....

An epic mass mailing today to registered players from DD. They added courses and have over 1500 pre-registered players. There are 11 flex starts including 6 C-Tiers. All are capped at 250-300. Plus the week-long activities. I don't think there has ever been anything disc golf in the World of this magnitude. Given DD's history I'd expect the quality of this event to equal it's quantity.

An epic mass mailing today to registered players from DD. They added courses and have over 1500 pre-registered players. There are 11 flex starts including 6 C-Tiers. All are capped at 250-300. Plus the week-long activities. I don't think there has ever been anything disc golf in the World of this magnitude. Given DD's history I'd expect the quality of this event to equal it's quantity.

I hate to be a dick but you seem to be good on every single other front.... its*

Correct; It is "its" not "it's". But I got the "don't" and "I'd" right. Wouldn't consider calling you a deek 'cause I'd have to call me wife one to as her is likly too call I on spellin and grammer to.

Another thing in DD's equation is this is still 5 months away. This is an incredible response.

Only thing I'd like them to consider is offering 70+ divisions in Pro and Am. Our numbers are increasing but our playing years left are few. Especially compared to those 500+ in Rec and Intermediate. An experiment to offer small divisions for the elder statesmen/stateswomen can't be too much to ask. I'd certainly recruit all I could.

Probably easier for the media to record the tourney if it's in the open. But I suspect it's the desire to have players "grip it and rip it" that's a big factor. And while it may be fun to watch these pros throw discs a long way, it does make for a more boring tournament...

Honestly woods courses are easier to film than open ones. I know where the disc is going to be, when they're open many more lines are available and sky annys happen more often. They're the hardest shot to film.

I for one welcome this change to one course, less droning to do, less templates to make. Big fan.

I for one welcome this change to one course, less droning to do, less templates to make. Big fan.

Slacker!!!! JK!

I can definitely see your perspective. Given more resources, though, and not being concerned about doing so much of the work yourself, what would you think? Just wondering. :)