• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Memorial Championship

attachment.php

Attachments

• MPr.png
    MPr.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 476
I can see Eagle on the final lead card. Hopefully he stays in it, mentally.

I can see Eagle on the final lead card. Hopefully he stays in it, mentally.

I can see it now...

Eagle on 18, all he has to do is throw his shot in bounds. He throws and...UH OH! Goes OB and Ricky wins by a stroke!

Boo for DGPT creating a social sharing experience (liking, sharing, commenting) each having different "points")

Reminds me of The Office where Dunder Mifflin makes a social media part of their website and it's overrun by cyber criminals.

Uh..., not actually. The numbers say it'll be higher ratings for half the 980-990 players, and lower ratings for half the 980-990 players.

Let's take a look at last year:

attachment.php

So, yeah, about half at that range.

Looking at the magnitude, not just whether the average round rating was higher or lower, we can see that last year the event seemed to lower ratings for those rated less than 1010 and raise ratings for those rated higher than 1010. 980-990 rated players did get hit less hard than 970-980 or 990-1000, which may be the source of the perception that it's good for 980-990 rated players' ratings.

attachment.php

Attachments

• RvARR.png
    RvARR.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 343
  • PhihgerARR.png
    PhihgerARR.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 338
........[Peeks in to try and stop annual memorial higher ratings debate].............

.........[realizes any attempt to thwart ratings debate is futile].............

........[pauses to try to understand why]......

........[realizes it's impossible to understand].....

.......[goes back to work with lower morale].......

I make such a bold assumption with 0 evidence and get multiple line graphs and a link to a full PDGA article on the subject. THIS IS WHY I LOVE DGCR!

Anyone have a link to tee times?

Planning to spectate and the only info I've found is that first throw is at 7am which I'll never be awake for.

Would love a link to lead care tee times each day so I know when to wake up.

Latest posts