• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] 2018- What is everyone's longest disc these days?

I guess you can only hope. Frankly I think Westside, Dynamic, and L64's discs lack consistency. Some will be overstable, but most seem to be noticeably less stable than the numbers assigned to them.

The opto Ballista I've thrown feels pretty true to the numbers so far and I like it.

It depends on how fat the sailor is that sits on them while they come across the Atlantic. :|

Been hittin the field lately, working on distance drives. Mayhems seem to be working the best for me on golf lines. 550' ballpark.

Getting some nice distance flex shots out of the Nitro too, but those are less practical on anything but wide open holes.

Been hittin the field lately, working on distance drives. Mayhems seem to be working the best for me on golf lines. 550' ballpark.

Getting some nice distance flex shots out of the Nitro too, but those are less practical on anything but wide open holes.

Nice. That's about 100' further than I can get my best throws. I haven't seen or tried a Mayhem.

I might be tickling 400' consistently with my Opto Ballista now. It's getting longer and straighter as it beats in. It's not quite neutral but close, I can almost line shape despite how fast this disc is.

I might be tickling 400' consistently with my Opto Ballista now. It's getting longer and straighter as it beats in. It's not quite neutral but close, I can almost line shape despite how fast this disc is.

Opto Ballistas are such great distance bombers. I have a nice 174 I've been throwing lately and getting great distance with. 450'+. The disc flies like a faster Shryke with a bit more late fade. For me the Ballista is the very upper echelon of pure distance drivers.

You might want to look at the gold line Ballista too. They seem to go every bit as far as optos.

Nice. That's about 100' further than I can get my best throws. I haven't seen or tried a Mayhem.

Its a sweet disc - totally bombs - Its like a Katana or Beat Star Destroyer - I suggest 170+ Neutron but that's just me

and to answer this thread my answer:: Axiom MAYHEM (neutron 173g) , Axiom Tantrum (neutron 174g), MVP Teleport (neutron 173g)

These 3 are the furthest flying discs I 've used. I like the good ol destroyer, Tern, Ddx, and Outlaw - great discs but for BOMBS ---- one of the 3 I listed really do work

Pro Wraith. I can get it to around 340'.....but I can get my DX Teebird to around 330', so yeah. Internet distance would be 500' and 550' :p

This summer I discovered the Wave. I've succumbed to the siren call of the noodle arm's miracle disc before (Blizzard Destroyer, Tern), but this is the first one that's delivered the goods for me.

Beat in 400G D2s have quickly become my favorite disc to throw for wide open 410+ foot shots after looking for an S/DS replacement this past spring. Not only does the plastic feel great but they just keep going and going, even if I need to keep the shot low.

In my bag, it's probaby my trusy beat up yellow Scorpius. I can push it to 450 on a good day. Although my pfn pearly champ Wraith (best Wraith run ever imo) glides for days and gets sneaky long.. I've thrown it just as far..

Was just gonna say my base scorp has taken that spot, though I have a light gstar destroyer that comes close. Scorp just glides a bit more. Had some great breakthroughs and am getting 360 or so with it these days. Probably still too much disc for me but it just feels great and flies good lines. Confidence with the scorp trumps it being a bit fast still.

Opto Ballistas are such great distance bombers. I have a nice 174 I've been throwing lately and getting great distance with. 450'+. The disc flies like a faster Shryke with a bit more late fade. For me the Ballista is the very upper echelon of pure distance drivers.

You might want to look at the gold line Ballista too. They seem to go every bit as far as optos.

Yeah I might try a heavy gold line sometime. I don't usually get a lot of GL stuff but it usually grips a little better for me and with those warp speeders my teeny mitts would appreciate it.

Right now it's got to be my 171g Star Valkyrie with a flat FH release. I've really lost touch with faster discs. Used to be really good throwing Wraiths FH but my speed 9's go just as far with less effort & more control.

My longest disc these days has to be my 167g. Star Tern. Out of the box bomber! Second to that is my flippy Wraith.

Longest for me is my shryke.
After that is the west side king. Close to the shryke in distance but not quite there way less control as well.

It took me a bit to get used to shryke. I'm glad I stuck with it. It bombs.

Longest for me is my shryke.
After that is the west side king. Close to the shryke in distance but not quite there way less control as well.

It took me a bit to get used to shryke. I'm glad I stuck with it. It bombs.

It's funny you say that. I throw the King a bit further but the Shryke with much more accuracy.

It's funny you say that. I throw the King a bit further but the Shryke with much more accuracy.

I'd actually rate the King as one of the best distance drivers on the market, but I've had zero luck throwing the thing with any consistency. Same could be said about the Destiny. Both have a lot of glide and speed, but are too flippy to put on a proper line without them flipping. I had some jaw dropping bombs with the King and Destiny mixed in with a whole bunch of flips.

I'll still list the Shryke as my longest overall disc at this point. I may throw other discs as far at times, but not with any consistency. Shryke for me is bombing 450'+ at this point regularly.

Furthest ever is with a Dragon, when it was new at? but it was after hitting a tree on a 800 foot hole then I got the disc and threw it about 500 feet.

But my most consistent longest discs are a 167 gram Champion Destroyer and my 170 gram Champion Destroyer is just bit more overtstable and can only do a the shape of a archery long bow when strung up or it is my Glow Champion or Star Valkyrie depending on wind and other factors, with both discs at 171 grams.

My 167 gram Champion Destroyer or my my Glow Champion or Star Valkyrie both 171 grams are still my furthest discs depending on wind and other factors, But my 170 gram Destoryer just takes too much power for me. I might retire the 170 gram Destroyer or give it to my bother and try to find another ~165-167 gram Destroyer replacement when my one dies or I lose it, that when the disc is new is low dome so it becomes nearly flat top over time. I do not like the heavier weight Destroyers in any plastic as the disc at 170 grams+ is too much for a small person like me. Now ~167 grams is max for me on any plastic Destroyer as I do wonder if 178 grams and 179 grams would be too much like a 170 gram Destroyer in same plastic when new. Also somehow the lower domed high speed overstable discs speed 12 and up seem to take less initial power to throw so I can get more speed and thus distance from a disc in that stability range.