• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 European Open

Wow, still trying to find something in Eagle giving away his bag?

Gotta have something to create a controversy, I guess... :|

They are Innova molded...this can't be it.
We had a related scenario occur at the Memorial a few years ago when Paul's bag with all of his discs was stolen. He went on to win with a set of presumably new Innova discs indirectly asserting that players used to throwing new discs can expect similar performance with new ones of the same mold and plastic. It makes sense as a strategy for top level players who can get as many as they like and don't have to rely on beating in their discs "just right" and risking loss without a reliable replacement.

We had a related scenario occur at the Memorial a few years ago when Paul's bag with all of his discs was stolen. He went on to win with a set of presumably new Innova discs indirectly asserting that players used to throwing new discs can expect similar performance with new ones of the same mold and plastic. It makes sense as a strategy for top level players who can get as many as they like and don't have to rely on beating in their discs "just right" and risking loss without a reliable replacement.

His bag was stolen halfway through the tournament, and he didn't win but did make it to a playoff with all new discs, then lost on the first playoff hole. The worst thing for McBeast was that he'd gotten his cycle of Champ Roc3s where he'd wanted them, and all that work went away with the stolen bag, forcing him to return to a cycle of McPro Roc3s. What I just said was his own admission, btw.

But you are correct that the top pros like Eagle can get a new set of discs and not miss a beat. Eagle probably has a full second set at home, all ready to go.

Wow, still trying to find something in Eagle giving away his bag?

Gotta have something to create a controversy, I guess... :|

So is it only acceptable to do this if the name Steve Dodge, Jussi or Rickey is in the post? Seems to me and many others your whole persona here is creating something from nothing and doing 8,700 times. :doh::wall:

What do you mean there "are people out there"? I think you don't understand the logistics of what it takes to do commentary on a post production video.

It's magic, right? Uli is free, Nate can do it with child in hand... :)

Look, dude, get the commentators I want or the duck gets it, you understand?

I do agree, some folks are really good at this, and it seemed that Jomez and CCDG and you guys had nailed down a set of folks that were great. And now it all seems to have gone out the window.

If i did the math right. . Ricky came in at 48 place that last round! . . thats just odd. he usually SO good when he has the lead

He actually wasn't that bad. The course is unforgiving and small mistakes add up quickly. Once a mistake happen, it seemed to compound.

Doesnt count. Memorial is a hyzer fest. Any pro can take a new bag of discs and go double digits under par every round

Perhaps the message is more that Discmania discs are so consistent that he can trust that replacements will fly as he expects?

The only message I got from it is that he's young and immature and does ridiculous things for attention. Which, we've all been there.

Most people might look at this as awesome but I see this as a negative for Eagle. It seems like he is saying that its the discs fault that he lost the tournament and he has to get all new ones if he wants to try to win. I think he still needs to work on his mental game a lot.

Either he or Simon has done this before. Pretty sure it was Eagle. He took out a couple of his seasoned/irreplaceable discs beforehand. As quickly as I'm sure he cycles through discs, it probably isn't a big deal to start fresh with drivers. Or he has backups ready to go.

While I think it was a kind act it also gives him less to keep track of while traveling. It has to be nice to not lug another bag around while flying.

Either he or Simon has done this before. Pretty sure it was Eagle. He took out a couple of his seasoned/irreplaceable discs beforehand. As quickly as I'm sure he cycles through discs, it probably isn't a big deal to start fresh with drivers. Or he has backups ready to go.

While I think it was a kind act it also gives him less to keep track of while traveling. It has to be nice to not lug another bag around while flying.

They both have (hence McBeth making the crack about it being a Discmania thing when he saw Eagle doing it). Simon did it after a Green Mountain Championship at Smuggs a couple years ago. As I recall, he stayed in touch with the guy he gave the bag to, and gave him some tips on how some of the discs flew ("green one's a bit beat" "blue one is beefy overstable" etc).

Seems like good marketing to me.

Latest posts