• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Lol, this thread has been about BBQ for almost 3 days now. At least we're off the politics.

My vote is for Carolina vinegar based BBQ pulled pork. I think I heard a rumor that Ricky likes that as well.

Not to derail the thread but did anyone mention that PP re-upped with DD for 3 years?

I did, but that's off topic at this point

Mini news compared to the titans of disc golf jumping ship, but I'm no longer with DGA.

That being said, they are a great company who have always been very good to me, and I wish them the very best.

Anyways, back to your BBQ talk!

What's up Sias!

Rolling mixed bag this year? Or do you have a move yet to be announced?

In some parts they call em Hush Puppies

First ever trip to USDGC this year and loves the Carolina BBQ at Mac's Speed Shop and had my first ever Hush Puppies

Great Jupiter's johnson, there are people that haven't had hushpuppies? I didn't know such a thing was possible. :eek:

While we're on barbecue still, yuge shout out to my favorite "local" place, Tickle My Ribs BBQ. The owner is from the same town my mom is from (Dallas, NC) so it's an oasis of Western style NC sauce in a desert of hybrid Lexington-style-Eastern style. They've got Eastern, SC mustard and Habanero sauce as well as Western (thick and sweet) and signature (thin, vinegary, semi-sweet). If you ever roll through Burlington for some disc golf, there's your post-round calorie refuel spot. :thmbup:

Why would innova let Paul leave without giving him the best deal out there? I'd guess Paul would have stayed with innova for a similar deal. So why pass if you're the defacto name is discgolf, innova?

Is innova not the best dg company sponsor? Two multiple time world champs have left them, both for Discraft...

Won't rehash why Val left, but you make my point that Paul may be leaving for something besides pure money, something Discraft would and could give him that Mr. Dunipace was not willing to.

Time will tell...

Also makes me just as curious as to the possibility of Ricky leaving latitude for innova? Latitude seemed like a great company, Ricky and Paige both get more exposure and cool perks than anyone else I can think of.

I think there's alure to the name innova. But what the hells going on here? Maybe they're company BBQs are weak sauce :p

Also makes me just as curious as to the possibility of Ricky leaving latitude for innova? Latitude seemed like a great company, Ricky and Paige both get more exposure and cool perks than anyone else I can think of.

I think there's alure to the name innova. But what the hells going on here? Maybe they're company BBQs are weak sauce :p

Don't remember exactly where, but somewhere on these boards someone mentioned that Wysocki had "trouble" (such as it is for him) with the high-glide Lat64 discs. So that may or may not be a reason.

Also, I've speculated that Paul left Innova for (likely) Discraft for reasons more than just money. I don't think that about Wysocki; I suspect his main reasons are green dollar bills... or better BBQ sauce. :p

As an European all the BBQ talk makes me feel outsider. Can we switch to pizza, kebab or something?

Or disc golf?

I haven't had a kebab in 10 years (last time I was on the continent). I think you should describe the julbord to the rest of us. :thmbup:

Since you and Flick Maniac are Europeans, share some European DG news. What is the pro scene news over there? Do they show DG on Sky Sports?

Latest posts