• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Feldberg stepping down? That is interesting albeit somewhat unsurprising.

Edit: do we have solid confirmation on wysocki to Innova? I guess we'll have to wait until January 7...

Last edited:
I think Lat64 and DD may have overleveraged themself when they bought out Westside.

I really honestly do not like trilogy because their premium plastic is the worst out there in my opinion. The baseline series are alright. Low quality plastic and their approach to marketing has turned me off, Dynamic mostly. However, the last thing I want to see is that company struggle. They have done great work getting a lot of new fans and players in to the game and the community has benefited greatly.
Here is hoping they will surprise with at least one good pick up before next season.

With Paul, Paul And KJ BBQ all settled and the 3 week window of hype now died down... do we even care where Ricky ends up? It's been leaked long enough he should have cashed in while the fire was hot.

I really honestly do not like trilogy because their premium plastic is the worst out there in my opinion. The baseline series are alright. Low quality plastic and their approach to marketing has turned me off, Dynamic mostly. However, the last thing I want to see is that company struggle. They have done great work getting a lot of new fans and players in to the game and the community has benefited greatly.
Here is hoping they will surprise with at least one good pick up before next season.

I am no Trilogy fanboy, but I do throw a few of Dynamics molds.

I actually think they have the best selection of mid and lower grade plastic available. There are others that have better, but the choices spectrum of Hard, Medium, Soft, and the cheaper blend (which is actually really good) is the best combination of quality and choice available. Now I don't like that they seem to only be running the Burst versions of those plastics lately, but that is another issue.

As far as the marketing, much of what people attribute to them is actually just fans. I personally think they are the most beginner friendly companies (not talking about discs specifically), in that they try to educate new players more than the rest. They also seem to cater more to the communal aspect of disc golf. One of the main reasons I play this fine sport is that it is a great activity to get together with friends and make new ones. Of course you may think this can get some people to act cultish, but those people that act that way likely would have done so for another company if the Trilogy ones were not around. And in all honesty, I have never really run across any disc golfers that tried to push one company on me or anyone else. I think the Cult of Trilogy is a little bit of an urban legend or at least exaggeration.

Anyway, the Trilogy brands have been good for the sport. And even if Lat 64 seems to be having trouble hanging onto some players, that does not mean the companies are going anywhere.

And in all honesty, I have never really run across any disc golfers that tried to push one company on me or anyone else. I think the Cult of Trilogy is a little bit of an urban legend or at least exaggeration.

Anyway, the Trilogy brands have been good for the sport. And even if Lat 64 seems to be having trouble hanging onto some players, that does not mean the companies are going anywhere.

May be an urban legend, but around me it's a suburban reality.

I don't want to see any disc golf company fold, and I agree that DD has a media presence that grows the game, I just wish they would stop acting so damn terminally unique. Their branding of all inclusive has slowly turned into a brand exclusive cult, and that turns me off. Funny though, I don't get that vibe from lat64.

In the end it doesn't matter much, there is a company for everyone, and that too is what makes the game interesting.

Sounds like Lat64 is looking to invest more locally. The EU Scene continues to grow and it would behove them to do everything possible to gain a larger share in those markets.

DD did not lose any players correct? Sounds like DD will remain focused on the USA and just couldn't afford to make offers to all these players. Especially when Innova and Prodigy have money to spend this year.

just couldn't afford to make offers to all these players.

McBeth said that Rusco had told him that if he was interested in DD, they had the money to throw around, so I don't think that's it.

I think DD is best off doing what they are doing right now. A top MPO player certainly wouldn't hurt, but I don't think it's necessary for their business model.

McBeth said that Rusco had told him that if he was interested in DD, they had the money to throw around, so I don't think that's it.

I think DD is best off doing what they are doing right now. A top MPO player certainly wouldn't hurt, but I don't think it's necessary for their business model.

None of these players are McBeth either. This thread pretty much proves that.

If the beard is stepping down from L64 to focus on NextGen I highly doubt he'll be picking up sponsorship with another company.

Sounds more like an informal retirement announcement. I believe he just got married, or engaged, so we all know his dg career was going to tank afterwards anyway.

Dude's been hurt a lot lately too.

Latest posts