• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

That's the only sig mold he'll get for winning Worlds?

Not to say that he'll necessarily get more than one, but I thought the Scorpius was more of a tour series thing. I thought he'd get an actual Innova signature mold.

..... Some guys like to use snap and spin, others like to use power and torque...

What's the difference you are describing here? Genuinely asking, I've read similar elsewhere and not understood what's being said. And what does torque mean in this context? Again, genuinely seeking knowledge.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

What's the difference you are describing here? Genuinely asking, I've read similar elsewhere and not understood what's being said. And what does torque mean in this context? Again, genuinely seeking knowledge.

I'm not 100% sure this is what brutus means, but I interpret torque and power to refer to arm speed while snap and spin have to do with wrist action.

I would have thought using Nikko as the example of a torque monkey would have made that pretty apparent...He gets his distance by throwing power flex shots as opposed to someone like eagle, who uses his narrow frame and long arms like a whip to throw monster hyzers/flip ups.

Not to say that he'll necessarily get more than one, but I thought the Scorpius was more of a tour series thing. I thought he'd get an actual Innova signature mold.

I think thirtydirtybirds is on to something.

Probably none until his current contract is up. After that.... depends if Innova treats him like the world champ or not is my guess.

From what I understand, Innova doesn't do contracts based on the calendar year. Innova staggers their team contracts so they're not all up at the same time. They're good for a year (or two or whatever the term is) from the date of agreement. For Ricky (and Jerm before him), the contract starts January 1 because that's when their previous deal expired.

But for someone who was a free agent when signed, it runs from the date of signing. IIRC, Barsby joined Innova in mid-year. So it may just be that his stock run signature disc will come with his next contract. And that would also be the reason there's been "silence on the Barsby front". His current deal isn't up until mid-year.

I'm not 100% sure this is what brutus means, but I interpret torque and power to refer to arm speed while snap and spin have to do with wrist action.

More or less. But someone like eagle also uses arm speed to generate even more distance with the snap or hit or whatever someone wants to refer as to what happens at the release.

Barsby just posted this, "happy to join forces with Innova champion discs again in 2019!"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190101-184718.jpg
    Screenshot_20190101-184718.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 153

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

A player that throws with torque comes off-line early, leading to a rounder movement. Nikko vs Will. Nikkoi comes off line early whilst Will is extremely linear up until the hit.

Another meaning of torque is a throw where the disc changes angles during the release, giving the disc flutter. This is correctly known as off angle torque or OAT.

Last edited:
That's a pretty dizzying paragraph.
You might need to look at the definition of torque.
What do you think "snap" is? What do you think "spin" is? What do you think "power" is?

I see what you mean. Pretty much everyone imparts a twisting force on their bodies when they throw distance shots. Thus your joke about the paragraph being dizzying (lots of spinning people).

Most likely we will see more terminology developed over time that differentiates the nuances in mechanics and throwing styles. Until then, we will just have to do our best when communicating concepts that we may not have words for.

Looks like Anthon, Heimburg, and Madison walker all got bumped to the Innova Star Team. should get some cool tour series discs this year

Latest posts