• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

What if Discraft offered him $1 million dollars, a line of discs designed specifically for him (like 6 new or retooled signature molds), and $8 per signature disc sold? Would that make him switch?

Yep.

I'm looking forward to the Z McBuzzz

McChally, McBuzzz, McVulture, McForce

:D
Wrong answer... He likes beaded mids...;) WASP FTW!

Knowing his love for non premi plastic rocs... Would that mean we could actually get some Wasps in a plastic other than Z and better than JB?.

But I still don't believe McBeth would switch. Just think how many Roc3's, Thunderbirds, and Destroyers get sold at the chain stores like Dick's with his name on them...

Does he get a cut of the sales. I have heard that he does not.

He may get a cut, but not as much as he gets on the tour series discs. That's my best guess.

That's my understanding too. If your signature is on the stock stamp, it's like 50 cents per disc. Tour series are like $4-5 per disc. Stock stamp sell more because those move in bulk to retailers.

What if Discraft offered him $1 million dollars, a line of discs designed specifically for him (like 6 new or retooled signature molds), and $8 per signature disc sold? Would that make him switch?

This is the rumor on that FB Thread.

So let's think of what discs he'll throw on Discraft:

Force
Hellfire
Vulture?
Heat
(They will need a Teebird replacement)
Wasp (Base Plastic maybe)
Buzzz SS or Meteor
Challenger
Roach?

They sell A LOT of Ultrastars. Ultimate is their main business.

This confuses me. I could use some education here. In the game of ultimate, there's one disc in play for both teams, right? How many discs can they sell? I suppose every player has a small stack of discs for throwing practice or the like, but can this compare to the hoarding habits of disc golfers?

Serious question...out of curiosity, does anyone switch brands when their favorite pro player does?

I wonder what Paul would throw if he could throw a mixed bag. Anyone know what he threw before he got sponsored? Was it still all Innova?

Wowwwwww. I believe you. I really do. Any idea when this would be announced?

MTL, aka Robert Leonard, is on team Discraft. He may be spilling some beans prematurely. I must say this would be gigantic news if it's legit.

Inside scoop, eh?

I may lose this bet and have to ship away my 4th most favorite CG Roc :(

MTL, aka Robert Leonard, is on team Discraft. He may be spilling some beans prematurely. I must say this would be gigantic news if it's legit.

To be fair to Robert. If this is happening, it is big news. But Discraft isn't letting Robert or other team members in on that type of info or negotiation. If he heard, it is from other players and rumor mills. So I wouldn't say that he is spilling any beans, he is just passing along the rumors that have been floating.

Latest posts