• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

So it's been 24 hours, we have no idea who's sponsoring Paul and we're all just supposed to go about our lives like everything's cool? What an absolute nightmare.
Maybe you should try this. :thmbup:
7-Girls-who-post-worst-day-ever-on-social-media-funny-meme.jpg

Not sure if this has been discussed, but I wonder if that Disc Golf Group company/guy has a hand in this at all. Haven't heard much about them lately.

Since it's obvious none of us are above a little wild speculation, anyone want to take a swing at what the y-axis intervals are? I'd bet at least 20, but honestly don't see 100 as out of the reach of crazy (and will admit, I contributed to that column)

Well, if we assume 1 (28th), 2, (25/30), 3 (27th), 4 (26th) and 5 (29th) then gray lines are 100. So looking at approx 330 (31st) for the tall bar? :popcorn:

That's wild. Apparently Paul leaving is what sells discs, so this is a great move for Innova indeed.

Are there similar charts for McPro Aviars, Roc3's, etc? Would be interesting to see which molds are getting the most action.

Since it's obvious none of us are above a little wild speculation, anyone want to take a swing at what the y-axis intervals are? I'd bet at least 20, but honestly don't see 100 as out of the reach of crazy (and will admit, I contributed to that column)

I'm in the club guessing the horizontal lines are hundo marks.

You can go to Infinitediscs.com and click on Star Destroyers to see the entire inventory that they currently have up for sale. And, at the top of the window there will be a number that shows how many discs there are. Right now, there are 506 Star Destroyers. That number was above 700 at times lately, and it has fluctuated between low 400s and high 600s for two days now. Infinite has restocked Star Destroyers at least twice since Innova's announcement (or, maybe just continuously since then).
I am not privy to the exact numbers. But, based on watching the numbers change I think each line represents 100-150 discs. So, more than 300 discs; probably more like 500. In one day.

:gross: Please don't call it that...nails on the chalkboard.

Obviously this post is in jest, but can confirm that would never happen. That would create a permanent rift between those companies.

Only slightly. As long as terms were agreed to, I could see it greatly benefiting both parties. But I digress.

Also,
'Frisco Open. Lol.

You can go to Infinitediscs.com and click on Star Destroyers to see the entire inventory that they currently have up for sale. And, at the top of the window there will be a number that shows how many discs there are. Right now, there are 506 Star Destroyers. That number was above 700 at times lately, and it has fluctuated between low 400s and high 600s for two days now. Infinite has restocked Star Destroyers at least twice since Innova's announcement (or, maybe just continuously since then).
I am not privy to the exact numbers. But, based on watching the numbers change I think each line represents 100-150 discs. So, more than 300 discs; probably more like 500. In one day.

I wonder how many people have been spending the last 24hr just taking pictures of Destroyers and attaching them to their online system...

I wonder how many people have been spending the last 24hr just taking pictures of Destroyers and attaching them to their online system...

Certainly InfiniteDiscs.com has been. I don't know if anyone else has been as smart, taking a chance like they did, and ordering a boatload of Destroyers when the future may not have been certain. It looks like their courage and initiative is paying off.

That's wild. Apparently Paul leaving is what sells discs, so this is a great move for Innova indeed.

Are there similar charts for McPro Aviars, Roc3's, etc? Would be interesting to see which molds are getting the most action.

I'm in the club guessing the horizontal lines are hundo marks.

I haven't looked at any of the Roc molds or TB3s but the Aviars on a few sites are sold out. I would be curious if there is the same inventory to restock as there are destroyers.

I know I have been tossing around the idea of picking up a couple SDS in the ~155g range for a while and only recently have I seen the color I would want at infinite, so i'm guessing there is a bunch of turnover happening so watching the numbers go up and down is going to be a pretty conservative estimate.

Not to mention all of those other stamps they may or may not be moving? Same or similar run SDS's I would be curious to know relative numbers for all other stamps vs 4x stamps

Last edited:
Paul Mcbeth is going to be the first pro disc golfer to make 7 figures a year playing disc golf full time.
This reminds me of when Paul got the Adidas sponsorship. I played a tournament that weekend. Naturally people were talking about it. And of course there was the loud mouth that knew all of the details. He stated that McBeth signed a $1 million contract with Adidas.
Even pros still get funny money. But I don't think he reached his "Million Dollar" allotment.

Where do people come up with these figures?
I'm not going to speculate on Paul's current base salary with Innova, but I'm guessing he doesn't exceed 5 figures.
There are several athletes in major sports much larger than disc golf that do not make 7 figures a year.
Let's keep it realistic.

It makes since that discmania would sign Simon to a 5 year deal. I think the pro side of our sport is going to explode.

Based off of Simons interview on Smashboxx, this seems to be more of a way for Simon to obtain a 5 year work visa so he could move to the US. It's 5 years but renegotiated after 2 and 4 years. No money or the contract itself is guaranteed. So save the dynamite for the future and set off the quarter stick.

It's great to see these guys working on contracts and thinking about their personal future, but I don't think we'll see the "7 figures a year" contract for a while.

Give these millennials a break. They buy crap because of the name on the disc, not the flight. Of course they don't buy teebirds.

(Proud bagger of 2 dx, 2 star, and 1 champ teebirds)

I'm technically a millennial... I like Star Teebirds.

You know millennials are 22-37 right? We're not those kids downing tide pods for the most part.

Latest posts