• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

You're head is going to explode when it's official man.

It would be a serious lack of judgement to leak that he was going to Discraft through Ian if it weren't true.

Why? No offense to Ian, but do you really get your disc golf news from them? I mean, I watch their videos, but when it comes to "insider disc golf information" why on earth would you assume he has an inside track from the source themselves? Serious question, not trying to dog on Ian, Jomez, etc, I just don't consider them a "starting point" to announce something, I would consider them a source to spread the news once it is officially announced.

Why? No offense to Ian, but do you really get your disc golf news from them? I mean, I watch their videos, but when it comes to "insider disc golf information" why on earth would you assume he has an inside track from the source themselves? Serious question, not trying to dog on Ian, Jomez, etc, I just don't consider them a "starting point" to announce something, I would consider them a source to spread the news once it is officially announced.

Based on Ian's posts here and on Reddit, there are only two possibilities. One is that Paul shares some personal information with Ian (income, sponsorship). The other is that Ian is an attention-hungry jackwagon. The first seems more likely to me.

Based on Ian's posts here and on Reddit, there are only two possibilities. One is that Paul shares some personal information with Ian (income, sponsorship). The other is that Ian is an attention-hungry jackwagon. The first seems more likely to me.

I see nothing in the past to think Paul McBeth and Ian have a personal relationship where Paul would share that kind of information with him, and then if it was true..that they HAD this kind of relationship..I certainly don't think it would be cool for Ian to start posting about it. But I digress....everything I have seen regarding Ian confirming or posting about it, to me just has a mctroll vibe like the other media producers have done. If I'm wrong and Paul And Ian are close buds who share information with each other, hey..that's swell....but I just haven't seen anything publicly displayed that Paul and ANY media producer are close buds who share insider information with each other.

Just think of the flack we'd hear from the Discraft fan boys if Nate Doss or MJ switched sponsors.

I still believe if Paul gets some mondo contract with Discraft and Nate, Val, MJ didn't, that's going to leave a very bad taste in those elite level players. That's one of the main reasons why I'm just not buying the discraft connection. They already have elite players that deserve ALOT more attention than Discraft is giving them....maybe....the better phrase is.. "that discraft is capable of giving them".

I still believe if Paul gets some mondo contract with Discraft and Nate, Val, MJ didn't, that's going to leave a very bad taste in those elite level players. That's one of the main reasons why I'm just not buying the discraft connection. They already have elite players that deserve ALOT more attention than Discraft is giving them....maybe....the better phrase is.. "that discraft is capable of giving them".

Nate and Val are in full-blown brewery mode, which means they are rarely playing. MJ, with respect, spends most of his time on the East Coast. Giving Paul the kind of money being talked about, one would think, is less about slighting their other sponsored players and more about putting the brand in the spotlight full time. And, if there is more of a spotlight on the brand, that should put more of a spotlight on their other sponsored players, too, because for everyone that goes to buy a Wasp if McBeth switches to them, there could be just as many people who decide to dabble in a Comet or Roach or any other Discraft model they would not have given a try.

Also, this is kind of the nature of sports. There are players on every team and every level who make varying levels of money. They all have to coexist, regardless.

Nate and Val are in full-blown brewery mode, which means they are rarely playing. MJ, with respect, spends.....

My point is not what they (Discraft) may or may not do in 2018, it's what they didn't do in years past, surely if they had "DisMoney" they would have anted up for their elite players by now.

I see nothing in the past to think Paul McBeth and Ian have a personal relationship where Paul would share that kind of information with him, and then if it was true..that they HAD this kind of relationship..I certainly don't think it would be cool for Ian to start posting about it. But I digress....everything I have seen regarding Ian confirming or posting about it, to me just has a mctroll vibe like the other media producers have done. If I'm wrong and Paul And Ian are close buds who share information with each other, hey..that's swell....but I just haven't seen anything publicly displayed that Paul and ANY media producer are close buds who share insider information with each other.

There's no way Paul is a one percenter.....do you guys really think he is profiting 450k a year? I would be shocked if he even makes 150k and that's before all of his expenses.

I hope you're sitting down.

He makes well over double your shocked number. Closer to the 1% cutoff. I honestly wish it was public knowledge. I think it would help legitimize our sport, and attract more people to the game. Sorry for blabbing Paul if you read this :p

My taxes were over 6 figures one year but that was because I had a good year/ bonuses/ many sponsors and not spending much money.

I didn't post to brag, Ian knows quite a bit about me because he is one of the few in this sport who has worked for what they have as well as Jomez and they make themselves available to the players and public.

I was under the impression that Grip was going to make a better version of the backpack for Paul.

Probably be a signature model even.

A little McBirdie told me it's supposed to be out around Worlds.

Does that do it for you?

My point is not what they (Discraft) may or may not do in 2018, it's what they didn't do in years past, surely if they had "DisMoney" they would have anted up for their elite players by now.

How do you know they haven't?
You've repeatedly stated you have no idea what the Paul/Innova relationship was and what the contract contained, and request facts and links.
Perhaps reserving judgment should go both ways.

And also, stop posting "imop." FFS, that isn't an applicable acronym.

How would yourself, Nate & Val really feel if another player other than yourselves was offered some mega buck contract from Discraft? Surely you guys are worth some serious $$$ as well? :popcorn:

It helps us all out. With all that has gone on with the rumour mill I have reworked my own setup with discraft to make it better for me. If someone else can come in and get something good for themselves, then so be it. Just glad to see players getting more for what we do

Asked and answered.

Last edited:
Obviously I was wrong about Paul leaving Innova. So I'm already laughing when I say there is no way he is starting his own company. As a small business owner I have a little experience with this, plus look at the Rico's. Steve doesn't even have time to travel anymore because of Legacy. There are just way to many logistics involved for Paul to start his own company. He's looking for stability I'm sure, not the uncertainty of a new company. Entertaining though to say the least.

The rumors that were put forward seemed to come true so far. So I'm leaning towards them being 100% true. Sad how disrespected Discraft is. Plus how do people not think Ian is plugged in. Of course he's plugged into the rumor mill. Also here in south east Michigan Discraft is very popular on the course.

Definitely proves a relationship, thx. So you really think Paul would tell Ian something this big and give Ian the ok to publicize it???

Again, either that or Ian is out there running his mouth like a total moron and jeopardizing his relationship with the most important figure in pro disc golf. A guy who Ian has basically credited with making CCDG popular. Your pick.

Again, either that or Ian is out there running his mouth like a total moron and jeopardizing his relationship with the most important figure in pro disc golf. A guy who Ian has basically credited with making CCDG popular. Your pick.

Only time will tell. I wonder how it would affect CCDG if the deal doesn't happen...and you no what...it won't affect CDDG at...all....they will still make disc golf videos and people will still watch them.

Only time will tell. I wonder how it would affect CCDG if the deal doesn't happen...and you no what...it won't affect CDDG at...all....they will still make disc golf videos and people will still watch them.

Not the point. Ian has repeatedly said how much he respects and likes Paul. There is zero evidence that he would do him dirty. But if that's easier than believing Paul will be sponsored by Discraft, vaya con dios.

Not the point. Ian has repeatedly said how much he respects and likes Paul. There is zero evidence that he would do him dirty. But if that's easier than believing Paul will be sponsored by Discraft, vaya con dios.

Fair enough, thank you for your comments. :thmbup:

Latest posts