• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Again, either that or Ian is out there running his mouth like a total moron and jeopardizing his relationship with the most important figure in pro disc golf. A guy who Ian has basically credited with making CCDG popular. Your pick.

Not the point. Ian has repeatedly said how much he respects and likes Paul. There is zero evidence that he would do him dirty. But if that's easier than believing Paul will be sponsored by Discraft, vaya con dios.

So you're saying Ian is leaking with McBeth's approval ( maybe even unspoken approval)? Makes sense to me.

So you're saying Ian is leaking with McBeth's approval ( maybe even unspoken approval)? Makes sense to me.

Can't tell if that's sarcastic, but I think Ian knows what he can and can't say. I cannot see him randomly speculating about Paul and passing it off as insider info.

Wow...

I can only speak from my observation in my area, so take that with a grain of salt.

In my area, Discraft is considered the white trash of Disc golf. An old company that has kind of fallen by the way side in it's presence. The only people around me that throw exclusively Discraft are old timers and the guys who need rides to league because of one too many DWIs.

:popcorn:

No offense, but your area sounds depressing ;). And I live in a super rural area where there

are lots of wannabe redneck, bud light drinkin', pick-up truck drivin', huntin', fishin', shootin'

rootin'-tootin', not high falootin', possibly dreamin' of inbreedin', fine upstanding citizens :D.

I am not a Discraft fanboy, but I have always enjoyed some of their plastic offerings.

I never honestly thought anybody would think Discraft was "white-trash". The socio-economic

spectrum of disc golf is probably somewhat similar to the rest of society. Thanks for the chuckle.

Why? No offense to Ian, but do you really get your disc golf news from them? I mean, I watch their videos, but when it comes to "insider disc golf information" why on earth would you assume he has an inside track from the source themselves? Serious question, not trying to dog on Ian, Jomez, etc, I just don't consider them a "starting point" to announce something, I would consider them a source to spread the news once it is officially announced.

Since everyone else has posted a lot of quotes and comments related to your other posts I figured I would tackle this one.

I believe Ian would not lend credibility to information he did not believe to be correct. I don't need him to reveal his sources, his statements combined with the sequence of events provides enough circumstantial evidence to make Paul moving to Discraft (in some capacity) plausible. More plausible than any other theory I have seen at this point. Obviously you won't know "fo shure" until it's either officially announced or PMcB himself decides to weigh in. Others have correctly assessed that he wouldn't likely do that due to his contract expiring on Dec 31. It is also likely not to be any sooner because a) the end of the season is here and it will be pretty quiet when it comes to Disc Golf media and tournament coverage until the Memorial and b) if he did sign a new contract with a new company it will take time to get everything prepared for the big announcement. Discraft is already behind on updating their presence online, announcing any big change before it's ready to reflect that online would be foolish. I don't believe Discraft is foolish.

You're proposing (here and another thread) that Paul is in fact staying with Innova and that he's staying because of a new relationship. If that were true the events leading up to the announcement from Innova and Paul that they have parted ways make no sense. If Paul's relationship with Innova was evolving into something new here are the things that would be really stupid on everyone's part. I already explained this but I'll try again (because I'm bored and this thread is now McThreaded).

1) Insiders giving credibility to the rumors. If Paul was staying at Innova all along these rumors would be counterproductive to their new relationship. Public Volatility is not good for business deals OR new ventures.

2) Paul and Innova announcing the departure. If their plan was to partner for something above Paul being a touring pro there is no incentive to behave in this manner. The new partnership would be celebrated as soon as it was the right time to go public. Prefacing that with a period of uncertainty would be ill-advised. Public Volatility is not good for business deals OR new ventures.

I refuse to accept McBeth leaving Innova unless he shows us his tax returns!

#NotMyMcBeast

I gave him some gyro when he was in town. (We talk and txt vs most know duh) dude only will bag ions and volts but still killl it. Elmex showed him how to activate the gyro and he was hooked. Hence the MVP website updates. I brokered a deal to sell him steamline.

McTrace the facts.

Last edited:
DiscFifty, my man, you are really interrogating everybody's sources, lol. At this point just wait and see if you're right or wrong.

...and if it helps, I can verify that Ian has plenty of "insider" information in the sport, and I've never known him to be a liar.

and FWIW, it's not just Ian. I know exactly why it hasn't been announced yet (and I've hinted at some of the circumstances surrounding it). The bottom line is it's not announced because they aren't ready to announce. The moves typically happen in January and February, we're in the first week of November.

In 2014, Climo and Schultz had both won consecutive worlds titles but Climo was the only one with three.
Also, he did not win USDGC longer than people expected, unless that means just the first two. Barry won in 2001.

Yes but after that in 2002-200? I forget when, Climo won all of those, somthing that people did not expect. He had all but one USDGC for a long time. I knew that he dominated the early USDGC for the most part except the year that Schultz won and only up to sometime in mid or late 2000's.

Yes in 2014 Climo and Schults won a masters World Disc Golf title. Climo is the only one with three or more male open World Disc Golf titles until Paul Mcbeth. Another Innova sponsored player sponsored after wining first World Disc Golf title in 1989 won again in 1990 but nobody on the male side had won more then 2 titles prior to Ken Climo. Reason Being is that the money in Disc Golf was not there for the players so some of the dominate players moved on to a job and not touring in the early days of Disc Golf (sponsorship money was tight too without signature or touring discs yet until the 2000's starting with Innova for a few lucky pros) to make a living until the mid 1990's and even then the money was tight for players like you had to win every tournament you played to keep touring.

Yes but after that in 2002-200? I forget when, Climo won all of those, somthing that people did not expect. He had all but one USDGC for a long time. I knew that he dominated the early USDGC for the most part except the year that Schultz won and only up to sometime in mid or late 2000's.

Yes in 2014 Climo and Schults won a masters World Disc Golf title. Climo is the only one with three or more male open World Disc Golf titles until Paul Mcbeth. Another Innova sponsored player sponsored after wining first World Disc Golf title in 1989 won again in 1990 but nobody on the male side had won more then 2 titles prior to Ken Climo. Reason Being is that the money in Disc Golf was not there for the players so some of the dominate players moved on to a job and not touring in the early days of Disc Golf (sponsorship money was tight too without signature or touring discs yet until the 2000's starting with Innova for a few lucky pros) to make a living until the mid 1990's and even then the money was tight for players like you had to win every tournament you played to keep touring.

Steve Wisecup won Worlds in 1989 and Climo won his first in 1990. :rolleyes:

Yes in 2014 Climo and Schults won a masters World Disc Golf title. Climo is the only one with three or more male open World Disc Golf titles until Paul Mcbeth.

How can Climo and Schultz both win Masters World titles in the same year? And, Nate Doss has three MPO world titles. So much fail in two short sentences.

ok..ok..ok.... just the whole "Halloween" announcement just does not make any sense at all. I will now give control of this forum back to the masses, thank you for playing along, it has been a fascinating discussion to say the least. :clap::thmbup:

I've not seen (may have missed) a Paul fan saying, I'm following him wherever he goes. If he wore panties, I would too. But maybe. I just don't see it.

I've seen lots of Discraft fans predict that lots of folks will follow Paul to Discraft, until it happens, I'm not betting on it. Oh, some will, and I will be interested to see what the real numbers are.

I would think that Discraft is banking on grabbing many of the new players getting plugged into the sport every year more so than they are causing established fans to switch.

Based on Ian's posts here and on Reddit, there are only two possibilities. One is that Paul shares some personal information with Ian (income, sponsorship). The other is that Ian is an attention-hungry jackwagon. The first seems more likely to me.

100% agree. Ian doesn't seem like the type to yank his supporters around.

I gave him some gyro when he was in town. (We talk and txt vs most know duh) dude only will bag ions and volts but still killl it. Elmex showed him how to activate the gyro and he was hooked. Hence the MVP website updates. I brokered a deal to sell him steamline.

McTrace the facts.

I figured you would have leaked the official news by now since you guys text so much.

McCabe is jealous.

Latest posts