• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

I think the bigger question would be what would he putt with? It is my understanding that the Dagger is a fairly unique mold that isn't really like anything else.

He used to putt with a BB Aviar.
My understanding, is one of the Prodigy PA molds was a copy made just for him. PA2, maybe? I have only used the PA1 in that line.

Edit: Streets beat me to the reply.

The real question is who's the trilogy fanboy equivalent to you and Innova? This thread needs some new blood to pump out another 50 pages.

SteezeOG was the resident Trilogy (DD) honk a few years back...he hasn't been around in a bit though.

What makes it unique? I ask out of genuine curiosity.

I don't know, it was a much more accomplished disc golfer that told me that when I asked if it was basically an Aviar copy. It is way too deep for me. I was putting with Roaches and just switched to Envies. I might switch back if some new base plastic blend Roaches get created that is stiff.

The real question is who's the trilogy fanboy equivalent to you and Innova? This thread needs some new blood to pump out another 50 pages.

I throw a mixed bag of Gateway, Innova, Westside & DD. Too old to be a anything close to a fanboy. But it does look like Ricky is going somewhere and Gibson is taking bets on him going to Innova. I never would have guessed Ricky to Innova.

Daggers are super deep, I think that's all that makes them unique.

Yea but the Fish was sponsored by Discraft in 2017, when he won 2 a tiers and finished top 20 in worlds...

I'm just as surprised as you are that he's not on there and don't have a reasonable response.

I've literally never had any inside info before this, but someone I know who has connections in the business says the Ricky-to-Innova thing has legs. And that's not coming from Drew Gibson.

Last edited:
I've literally never had any inside info before this, but someone I know who has connections in the business says the Ricky-to-Innova thing has legs. And that's not coming from Drew Gibson.

I heard it initially last week, but it was right after Innova dropped their halloween announcement so I didn't give it any credibility, I thought it was a fanboy rumor.

It seems to have more of a solid foundation than I previously thought. Drew is ready to throw #discgolfmiddleclass money on it.

I heard it initially last week, but it was right after Innova dropped their halloween announcement so I didn't give it any credibility, I thought it was a fanboy rumor.

It seems to have more of a solid foundation than I previously thought. Drew is ready to throw #discgolfmiddleclass money on it.

Too bad McBeast isn't going to DD. The fanboy heads would explode at the thought of the star players swapping teams.

Ricky to innova is interesting as he was promoting l64 discs right through to the end of october. (talking about the vision as his go to roller) Doesn't sound like something a short-timer would do but WTF do i know.

Ricky to innova is interesting as he was promoting l64 discs right through to the end of october. (talking about the vision as his go to roller) Doesn't sound like something a short-timer would do but WTF do i know.

Too bad they discontinued the Vision. Great Roller disc! Maybe his love for the disc will bring it back!

Follow up: source is claiming Ricky will have his name on KC Aviars and Teebirds. Definitely take this for what it's worth.

I think the bigger question would be what would he putt with? It is my understanding that the Dagger is a fairly unique mold that isn't really like anything else.

Wysocki was an accomplished user of the KC Aviar even when he was with Prodigy.

Whales are essentially the same disc as the Dagger

Streets is likely correct, but I was going to suggest the Whale, and Mountain Golfer beat me to it. I have a Dagger and a Whale, and they're not twins but they're not all that different. Also, I've always thought the Whale flew (not felt but flew) like the Warden. The Whale would be a candidate if Wysocki went to Innova.

Maybe Innova is going to make another spin-off company with mcbeths name on it.
He would technically be leaving Innova.

Latest posts