• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

I wonder what Paul would throw if he could throw a mixed bag. Anyone know what he threw before he got sponsored? Was it still all Innova?

Look back at the Ask McBeth mega thread from a few years ago. He putted with Magnets.

If McBeth switches to Discraft they will release a bunch of new molds that will surprisingly look like the Innova molds Paul throws now. :popcorn:

If McBeth switches to Discraft they will release a bunch of new molds that will surprisingly look like the Innova molds Paul throws now. :popcorn:

They already exist. Force, Wasp, Challenger, Vulture, etc. The only disc he will need is a Teebird.

To be fair to Robert. If this is happening, it is big news. But Discraft isn't letting Robert or other team members in on that type of info or negotiation. If he heard, it is from other players and rumor mills. So I wouldn't say that he is spilling any beans, he is just passing along the rumors that have been floating.

Are you sure? Cuz he seems SURE.

That'll never happen. Other disc companies have been trying (and failing) to do that since the beginning of time.

I don't disagree with you. Remember the stalker? :gross: Try again. Teebird is hard to replicate.

This confuses me. I could use some education here. In the game of ultimate, there's one disc in play for both teams, right? How many discs can they sell? I suppose every player has a small stack of discs for throwing practice or the like, but can this compare to the hoarding habits of disc golfers?

I felt the same way. But it was pointed out to me that basically every college in the country has an ultimate team. Hell, Chapel Hill High down here has one. And apparently everyone uses the Ultrastar. I think every ultimate player in the damn world has to own that disc. It's a reminder of how small disc golf still is in relation.

Are you sure? Cuz he seems SURE.

I am not saying he is right or wrong. I am just saying that Discraft isn't sharing that info with their team yet. He could have other reliable sources or unreliable?

Heck, Innova has a hard time replicating them.:D

Just for conversations sake, how different are TBs and TB3s? Cause technically, he doesn't actually throw teebirds.;)

Not all that much different. If you found an old flatter run teebird, you would have a teebird3.

The first half dozen times McBeth potentially switching came up I just completely blank gazed past it because it's ridiculous.

But then it continues...

$100,000. Doesn't matter to me b/c I'm going to win it.

image.jpg

I am not saying he is right or wrong. I am just saying that Discraft isn't sharing that info with their team yet. He could have other reliable sources or unreliable?

Or he could just be trying to keep Discraft's name in circulation. I don't put much stock in anything he says. If he's wrong he can just do another long winded pretentious goodbye and disappear for awhile again.

Or he could just be trying to keep Discraft's name in circulation. I don't put much stock in anything he says. If he's wrong he can just do another long winded pretentious goodbye and disappear for awhile again.
He cant disappear too far considering he's is TDing AM Worlds next year... I'd walk right up to him on the first tee of the final round during player intros and say "Where's my 100k?"...

It is interesting that McBeth is signed up for Sun King presents Monster on the Mountain powered by Discraft/DGA. An A tier after all important tournaments are over... A Discraft sponsored event this late in the season might be a good time for an announcement. Pure speculation here.