• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

As someone who consumes all things disc golf. I can confidently say McBeth is NOT leaving Innova now or ever. It's pretty dang funny it's even being entertained.

Even if he takes Eagle with him? ;)

This thread is great, I hope nothing actually happens for months but someone keeps getting "insider information" so this won't die out. :popcorn:

Simon already (pretty sure) signed his next deal with DM, he was talking about it at Canadian Nationals. That and buying an Audi RS5 (WANT). Simon said he'd never leave DM anyway. He thinks when disc golf blows up it'll be because of Jussi.

All of the original team members of prodigy got stake in the company that was the big enticement for them all to move there to begin with. I don't know what those "stakes" are worth these days though, I see people in TN (because of will and dickerson) and in northern NC, but I don't know anyone around here that throws their stuff anymore.

There's a difference between a "stake" and literally owning a part of the company through making an investment.

https://www.prodigydisc.com/news-content/prodigy-disc-inc-expands-its-ownership-base

As for Dickerson not being big enough to get a major contract. He has the highest winning percentage of any MPO player, he's rated 8th in the world, he is also 8th in winnings earned. I've also heard that he is planning on touring more towards full-time next year. I bet you he leaves Prodigy.

He could very well leave, but let's not pretend he doesn't rack up wins in smaller tournaments. His rating and his game are great, and I am a huge fan. However, he doesn't win big tournaments. No NT wins, No Major wins. His biggest win this year was the brent hambrick memorial, which is a good win, but had no one else there even close to his rating. I hope he gets whatever he wants, but He's not some big name star who will sell a ton of discs for a company.

And Uli is Uli, still in the top 20 rated players in the world, has been sponsored by both Discraft and Innova in the past and had a great year, 5th highest earnings from wins, not to mention one of the voices for Jomez. Any company would love to have him

Uli is great, but he seems really comfortable with where he is and I don't see any companies chomping at the bit for him. Although, I personally believe he is a better pick up than Dickerson in terms of marketability and who will sell more discs.

Last edited:
hint hint.. youre throwing it wrong

Agreed. I grew up throwing lids of all kinds, and have been playing Ultimate for about 35 years. I def think that the Ultrastar is flippier than a Pulsar, and a Pulsar is just a bit flippier than an Aviator. Play Ultimate with an Aviator for a while, then swap it out for an Ultrastar and watch people throw forehand throwllers like crazy.

BTW, I have 120 or so golf discs, but only 4 or 5 Ultimate discs. I've probably owned that same ratio of discs since I started playing disc golf.

Back to the topic at hand. Paul personally told me he was going to Discraft. He was signing my first run Ram at a tourney in Nebraska a few weeks ago, and he paused and said, clear as day, "Hey, by the way, I'm going to Discraft." Then he sort of chuckled and handed my disc back to me. I'll never forget the moment.

Simon already (pretty sure) signed his next deal with DM, he was talking about it at Canadian Nationals. That and buying an Audi RS5 (WANT). Simon said he'd never leave DM anyway. He thinks when disc golf blows up it'll be because of Jussi.

Ok, as long as I wasn't the one to break the news I can say it. Simon did already re-sign.

Also evidently Terry didn't say it was team related, he just had juicy gossip and it got interpreted as free agency related.

Here's somthing interesting....Word on the street is that Sexton was announced as the new Captain of the Innova Star Team for 2019 on the team only Facebook page. Mabye it's a coincidence, Mabye not...

Back to the topic at hand. Paul personally told me he was going to Discraft. He was signing my first run Ram at a tourney in Nebraska a few weeks ago, and he paused and said, clear as day, "Hey, by the way, I'm going to Discraft." Then he sort of chuckled and handed my disc back to me. I'll never forget the moment.

Why would Paul tell that to a random stranger who is asking for an autograph?

I don't find the rumors completely asinine, but we are on the Internet after all so it's hard for me to take people at their word.

Last edited:
Here's somthing interesting....Word on the street is that Sexton was announced as the new Captain of the Innova Star Team for 2019 on the team only Facebook page. Mabye it's a coincidence, Mabye not...

Wait, I thought Sexton was going to Legacy according to this thread, my simple brain can't keep this shyt straight.

If any big name pro is moving Ricky seems so much more obvious than Paul. I have a hard time remembering Ricky is sponsored by Latitude, it doesn't seem like he talks about them much, nothing like many other pros that are good representatives. Of course Ricky wouldn't want to go to Innova, he's had enough being in Paul's shadow. Ricky to Discraft feels perfectly reasonable if we're guessing about one big name move.

Ricky to Discraft feels perfectly reasonable if we're guessing about one big name move.

I'm all for that too. He's another big pro that would force DC to make a firm putting plastic. If it's Paul or Rick, I just want a KC Pro Roach made soon.

Because of what Jamie said below, Innova is a proud company and if it wasn't true they would take the wind out of that discraft sail real quick imo. I feel like out of all companies, and jamie kind of confirmed it, that those are the two with the most "bad blood" between them.

As for their line of discs, Innova has always stated you don't get a sig disc (not tour series) unless you win worlds. They would have to back pedal on that pretty hard to give him 6-8 discs, could be more.

My understanding is that Innova Pros get a big cut off Tour Series Discs and Innova seems to always be dropping McBeth's.

Between the Champ Roc3, Star Destroyer, Champ Thunderbird, McPro Aviar, McPro Roc3 and Teebird3, they already have 6 Sig Discs that sell a ton.

Plus it's no secret that he's already pulling in a quarter million per year from Innova.

He's already making a million over the course of 4 years if that's the case.

This is too much fun, especially when I have talked to all the pertinent parties involved in most of these discussions. Enjoy the musings

So if McBeth is getting a million dollar contract, I'm assuming you will be getting paid next year as well?

Why would Paul tell that to a random stranger who is asking for an autograph?

I don't find the rumors completely asinine, but we are on the Internet after all so it's hard for me to take people at their word.

To generate buzz for himself, Innova, and disc golf in general. Him saying it doesn't mean there is truth behind it. He could have said it sarcastically.

Latest posts