• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

If I had to guess, I would say easily over a million. Maybe two million. But numbers even higher than this wouldn't be surprising.

It has to be higher than that. The PDGA estimates that there are 2 million people playing regularly plus there are close to 250,000 competitors in pdga sanctioned events. Disc companies probably move a lot of plastic through players packs and the voucher system. This doesn't include non-sanctioned events.

It has to be higher than that. The PDGA estimates that there are 2 million people playing regularly plus there are close to 250,000 competitors in pdga sanctioned events. Disc companies probably move a lot of plastic through players packs and the voucher system. This doesn't include non-sanctioned events.

But there are only 113,240 PDGA numbers assigned and most not up to date with their dues. :confused:

https://www.pdga.com/players?FirstN...untry=All&UpdateDate=&order=PDGANum&sort=desc

I would bet a good dollar no where close to that amount of people play sanction events who have not signed up to the PDGA.

Tend to agree with you but it was the only way to explain the difference in members vs players. Keep your dollar ;)

Is Eagle signed with DM for next year? I could see him fitting in well with DD. He's big into social media/vlogging, good friends with Oakley, would be their franchise player (based on their current line-up), and he has that Colorado connection with the Bjerkaas's.

You heard it first! McBeth to Franklin! He'll be slinging his signature NightOwl and Albatross!

McNightOwl.
McAlbatross
And don't forget about the McSparrow!

Looks like McBE4ST will be going the mold minimization route in 2019.

The only question now: Will he be allowed to continue using a Grip bag? Or does he have to switch to a plastic Wal-Mart bag?

McNightOwl.
McAlbatross

The only question now: Will he be allowed to continue using a Grip bag? Or does he have to switch to a plastic Wal-Mart bag?

If he goes with Kestrel he gets a bag as well (knock-off nutsac).

Maybe the plan is for Discraft to hit the Mega Millions tonight. Any word out of Michigan about absurdly large ticket purchases on a corporate account?

Tend to agree with you but it was the only way to explain the difference in members vs players. Keep your dollar ;)
If they include people who participate in weekly leagues it might also help explain it. In the last session of one of our local leagues, 23 of 58 didn't have PDGA numbers listed.

https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/38001

though to be fair, the other league was only 7 of 60

Back to the speculation of pros switching sponsors, I saw a post (reddit?) that said the pro moving from Innova to Discraft would be Big Jerm. He was sponsored by them before and was a touring with Austin Turner at one point. Not to mention he was out of form this second half of the season, maybe a new start is what he needs? This one seemed more reasonable than the McBeth rumor.

McNightOwl.
McAlbatross

McHa!

(I think he's been rocking a Hero pack the last couple of years, though...)

To diverge a little bit with a piece of my own worthless desires: I'd like to see MVP grab someone with some notoriety. I only carry a couple MVP molds, but I just like them as a company and would love to see some of their discs thrown the way they were meant to. I think there was only one or two rounds of an MVP player on commentary (Matt Dollar, Firstname Faes-something? at the Utah Open I think?). I'd like to throw some of their other molds but don't know enough about them to invest on something when what I have works fine anyway (but I do have a Volt and Tensor, and an Amp which I've found is a great beginner disc when I let my friends throw it)

Latest posts