• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

This is what I should have said in my last post. After reading what I wrote, it sounded like I was being a jerk, which wasn't the intent.

Actually, I won't buy them cause they have Paul's name on them. I never buy discs with names on them. It's hard enough to remember my own discs without thinking they belong to someone else.

I think it is funny that people still can't understand that he is going to Discraft.

It's a complete level of disrespect towards Discraft. Just because they haven't had success at the top of the sport in the last few years, people think that it's not possible.

I can't speak about other companies and this doesn't mean that the level of support isn't equal, but Discraft treats us team members with absolute class, professionalism and honesty. There's a reason, save a few outlining examples and the Prodigy shift, that people don't leave Discraft.

If any other company doubled my sponsorship deal, I would say no. Discraft is just too good to us.

If anyone joins us in 2019, this is a big part of it.

It's a complete level of disrespect towards Discraft. Just because they haven't had success at the top of the sport in the last few years, people think that it's not possible.

I can't speak about other companies and this doesn't mean that the level of support isn't equal, but Discraft treats us team members with absolute class, professionalism and honesty. There's a reason, save a few outlining examples and the Prodigy shift, that people don't leave Discraft.

If any other company doubled my sponsorship deal, I would say no. Discraft is just too good to us.

If anyone joins us in 2019, this is a big part of it.

Doss absolutely raves about how they treat him. Look how long he was the best or close to it and never left.

I feel like all the Paul Talk needs to move to another thread. Or maybe start up a new thread about other players moving.

What about Nikko? He seemed to be playing well this year. I haven't looked at the PDGA site for stats but seems like he was on a lot of videos this year.

Be the be the change that you want to see in the thread. Let's hear some speculation about other players

I did that like 50 pages ago (so like 1 day ago! haha). I said, the rumors are:

Innova courting Ricky
Uli to Discraft
Hokom throwing MVP (but maybe mixed bag with Legacy)
Jones to Prodigy (maybe Discraft?)

Have I missed any rumors?

Uli re-up'd for prodigy, as did Chris. They both had their best season in a long time and Prodigy will be supporting CD on tour in 2019.

Jones will be joining Prodigy, if my sources are legit. Hannum will be as well.

If you guys knew Dave (Innova Dave) you'd know how little he values paying large salaries to players. He believes that they will sell the most discs regardless of who they sponsor. The market may determine otherwise, time will tell.

Exciting changes ahead, for sure!

Uli re-up'd for prodigy, as did Chris. They both had their best season in a long time and Prodigy will be supporting CD on tour in 2019.

Jones will be joining Prodigy, if my sources are legit. Hannum will be as well.

If you guys knew Dave (Innova Dave) you'd know how little he values paying large salaries to players. He believes that they will sell the most discs regardless of who they sponsor. The market may determine otherwise, time will tell.

Exciting changes ahead, for sure!

When did Uli re-up? We talked to him on the podcast 2 weeks ago and he said he was a free agent at the time. I know Chris did another 2 year contract.

I can totally see Hannum on Prodigy. Makes sense with the company he keeps.

And I had heard Jones for Prodigy too, but wasn't 100% on that one. It was still up in the air.

Have I missed any rumors?

Johhny V, tired of SmashBoxxTV's capitalist ways, splits to take over production and launch the new live coverage division at SM Productions.

After the move, Johnny was overheard gushing about his yuge allotment of potatoes awarded to him by his comrades.

In a small dive bar near the Dells, Terry was seen easing the pain of the loss with the locals favorite fish fry dinner, accumulating a subsatsntial pile of empty Milwaukee's Best Ice cans under his table

Jonny, I can't say I agree with the move but please, just don't make them change the way they say "ballssssy"...

I like the discraft line every since the cyclone. If Paul does sign with them I hope to see more high speed drivers added to the lineup. I use almost every type of discraft disc except a main driver. Yes force is nice but it reminds me of a boss.

A mix of Hearsay and Optimism, I guess.

I think he will stay with Prodigy, but who knows? I have not spoken directly to Paul about it.

When did Uli re-up? We talked to him on the podcast 2 weeks ago and he said he was a free agent at the time. I know Chris did another 2 year contract.

I can totally see Hannum on Prodigy. Makes sense with the company he keeps.

And I had heard Jones for Prodigy too, but wasn't 100% on that one. It was still up in the air.