• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

You don't think Lat64 would have the DD crew do the media? I know they are different companies, but I thought they were very cozy when it came to working together?

It might have to do with geography. If he's near Emporia then yeah, they might do it. If he's somewhere else and Cory is nearby then it's probably easier to do it this way.

Man Lat64 is getting kneecapped
Just in... Tonya Harding to Lat64°
WHHHHHHHHYYYYYY WHHHHHHHYYYYYY WHHHHHHHYYYYYYYY?
Wow, I know you don't like Trilogy, but why do you care so much what she throws?
You guys missed the joke. Tonya Hardin isn't a disc golfer, she was a figure skater who went to jail for having a competitor hit in the knee with a pipe.
They must all be young pups Wolf.

I guess I've dated myself, as well as the rest of us that Remember the 90's

Innova made the TeeRex just waiting for this opportunity...

Please GOD let INNOVA re-release the TeeRex, such an underrated mold...

Hence why he ripped their logo off and called it his own. Very surprised that DD stamped discs up with that logo.

Drew Gibson did NOT rip off Corvettes logo. It was Booom Disc Golf. They ripped off Cadillacs for Philos and a U.S. seal for Izak MacDonald. Drew ain't perfect but Josh Barnhill and Booom disc golf should be the targets of this scorn.

Drew's a Corvette guy. Enough said.

Booom Disc golf ripped it off. Not drew. They stole Cadillac for Philo and a U.S. seal for Izak Macdonald.

Attachments

• 20181005_085751.jpg
    20181005_085751.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 220px-Great_Seal_of_the_United_States_(obverse).svg.png
    220px-Great_Seal_of_the_United_States_(obverse).svg.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 72
  • JPEG_20181002_141217.jpg
    JPEG_20181002_141217.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 96
And I will also say I took a clinic with Drew Gibson after he been up for over 24 hours I'm just come off a long overnight flight I definitely seen his temper in tournament coverage before and heard some negative things about him online but he was really kind and cool dude. I know he hangs out with Josh Anthon which is questionable in my book. He also has made questionable statements online. He is younge and will grow up with time. I was really impressed by him in what is probably a stressful situation.

Just heard a few things from a *former* Discraft member and friend of Ricks:

Uli is for sure done with Prodigy and headed to Discraft. Rick is for sure headed back to Innova.

Also, apparently McBeth is going to be making molds with Discraft over the next few years under a new name. Sounds like the Michael Jordan of disc golf actually took notes from the original MJ and may have a similar arrangement.

Drew Gibson did NOT rip off Corvettes logo. It was Booom Disc Golf. They ripped off Cadillacs for Philos and a U.S. seal for Izak MacDonald. Drew ain't perfect but Josh Barnhill and Booom disc golf should be the targets of this scorn.

Scorn? I feel like everybody should want one of those!

Also, apparently McBeth is going to be making molds with Discraft over the next few years under a new name. Sounds like the Michael Jordan of disc golf actually took notes from the original MJ and may have a similar arrangement.
Mcraft Discs?

Yeah, that is quite the thing to say without anything to back it up.

I agree Drew is a big time jerk, based on the interactions I have observed in person and experience with him myself.

At the end of the 2013 Memorial, Drew lost in a playoff to Nick Hanson. Nick extended his hand to Drew and he refused to shake his hand. I found it very childish and unsportsman like.

A couple years later I saw Drew as he was practicing for the Memorial at Fountain Hills. He came up the fairway which is adjacent to some picnic tables where I was having lunch with my wife and kids. As he came up the fairway I noticed that his nose was bleeding. I asked if he was ok and if he needed a tissue and he replied with a sarcastic YES and NO. By his response I assumed that he was his childish, jerk of a kid and someone had previously punched him in the nose.

He may have changed and grown up since then, but these are my only first hand experiences with him.

This is still a very hard to believe part of the whole equation, as it makes the least sense of most of what's being speculated. Plastic injection molds cost A LOT of money. Just going to wait and see the details.

This is still a very hard to believe part of the whole equation, as it makes the least sense of most of what's being speculated. Plastic injection molds cost A LOT of money. Just going to wait and see the details.

I imagine it will take quite a bit of time, $, and energy, but I don't think its unrealistic to have his own line of discs created by Discraft. I suppose it could even use existing molds in new plastic much like his McPro Aviars and McPro Roc3s but branded more under his own name.

Drew is a good dude. I got to hang with him in Vegas for a bit. He's cocky and a little arrogant. He's also pretty damn funny.

Latest posts