• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

So we got part one of this right, Innova - McBeth = crazy AF thread. So is part two: McBeth + Discraft = New independent Discmania like venture to empty all our wallets? Or is it (McBeth+Wysocki) + Discraft = shut down the internets and take all my money?

I think he could do better. Dd is great. Hey, I throw the judge.

But Kevin needs more attention to develop his skills.

It seems that company swallows people out of ambition more than anything.

It's interesting to see that people would rather believe some off the wall theory such as McBeth is working out a deal with Nike, Adidas, etc. than accept the fact that he will be throwing Discraft discs next year. Which has been already confirmed by many people who are close to the source and probably have way more information than almost anyone on this forum.

Curious thing: all the sports have all those changes in equipment, but the specs for the size of the baseball has not changed since pro baseball began in the mid-1800s. I wonder if DG will be the same a century and a half from now....

A Few Sports that tolerances are not as good.

Baseball/Softball and Rounders is the two sports where say a bat can be different from bat to bat if using a traditional non composite wood bat simply due to using a once live object that growing conditions have an effect on.

Ice Hockey if using all wood traditional sticks they can feel slightly different from run to run for the same reasons that Baseball/Softball and Rounders traditional wood bats do though for hockey sticks the effect is not as bad as the three Bat stick sports.

Tennis the racket was once wood, same for Squash and they had variance in the wood same reasons as the other sports and just as much if not more for that then Ice Hockey, but since the 1980's when aluminum was then used for the better rackets the tolerance for a racket went way down.

these are the most played sports that use or did use wood for the equipment, not sure about how a Cricket bat is made but it could be wood too and that would make it so the bat has tolerances as well. Cricket is a highly played sport due to India/Sri Lanka playing it.

Now in most other sports the tolerance for the equipment is high enough that switching does not have much effect on a player unless that company dose not make a style similar to the equipment they were using. Even sports that use plastic equipment like some hocky sticks.

In the wood used for those sports If using the more traditional type however, you will have the bat or stick in ice hockey feeling the same due to most of them being machine made with strict tolerances, what is different is how the ball reacts to the bat or stick in hockey, some will have more spring then others and then how the bat or stick in hockey swings in the air, some might swing odd due to how stiff or how flexible the wood is simply due to how it grew.

With the best player in the world making such a significant move I'd speculate that the move is not to another disc manufacturer but rather to a big brand apparel/equipment company. That could result in an interesting structuring of PM's disc selection. So he would not be identified/branded by his discs but rather his apparel. Likely?

It's interesting to see that people would rather believe some off the wall theory such as McBeth is working out a deal with Nike, Adidas, etc. than accept the fact that he will be throwing Discraft discs next year. Which has been already confirmed by many people who are close to the source and probably have way more information than almost anyone on this forum.

I believe Paul McBeth will be partnering with Discraft next year, and they just can't announce it yet for legal/contractual reasons. And I like the idea that McBeth is looking at the higher vision for the future of DG, so I can see him working with a big company like Nike to create a line of discs, through and in partnership with Discraft. Mr. Dunipace would not want to give up any control of his lines of discs; ergo, the McBeth switch to a company like Discraft that would work with him and give him the opportunity to try his new ideas.

So... what's the scoop on major FPO moves? I'm thinking Paige B won't be switching companies ;) but are the rest of them set in their ways?

So... what's the scoop on major FPO moves? I'm thinking Paige B won't be switching companies ;) but are the rest of them set in their ways?

I'm calling Hokum to MVP. Saw her putting with some MVP plastic in a few tournaments at the end of the year. Elaine king and Paige seemed to not want to comment on it as well.

And I like the idea that McBeth is looking at the higher vision for the future of DG, so I can see him working with a big company like Nike to create a line of discs, through and in partnership with Discraft.
Disc golfers love to romanticize the game like it's something a big name brand is remotely interested in. Adidas threw some shoes and maybe a little cash into disc golf to see where it went. It doesn't mean that other big names are chomping at the bit to invest in it.

Gut feeling about FPO moves now that some information is in:

The Paiges are not going anywhere.
Jen Allen is staying at Innova.
Cat is staying at Prodigy.

Now here's where things get interesting. And I'm going to just indulge on rumors.

I could somewhat see Madison Walker moving to Lat64, if solely based on the Oakleys are looking at property in Pensacola, and she would become the name brand female player in the US for L64, with Rebecca Cox playing a solid role as well. Innova has to determine what to do with its lady player lineup between Lisa Fajkus, Madison, Hannah Leatherman, and Jessica Weese. And they have to accommodate their up and coming lady players that were successful at Am Worlds. That's plenty of talent.

The MVP fans were hoping that Hokom with her Spin at HOFC was thinking about a move. I just can't see her doing that. Legacy has taken great care of her. And from a business viewpoint, I would think MVP would want to target another good MPO player that furthers the brand, and possibly a touring FPO that plays often (other than Hokom assuming she is out of play). Now if they manage to get Hokom, that's a great win and I'd be rather happy.

Rebecca Cox I can't see moving from L64.

Last edited:
Disc golfers love to romanticize the game like it's something a big name brand is remotely interested in. Adidas threw some shoes and maybe a little cash into disc golf to see where it went. It doesn't mean that other big names are chomping at the bit to invest in it.

It's not likely, but I like the idea conceptually.

Anyhoo, I suspect that Paul is going to Discraft, or perhaps more accurately is moving away from Innova, for more than just green dollar bills. There will be something interesting in it. I guess we'll see in 2019...

A friend of mine ran into Paul Mcbeth today on the course.....

Your buddy get those photos circulating of him carrying a Lightning Disc Golf bag? (Top troll)

hoping those photos were not staged... but Paul is a marketing genius and wouldn't surprise me if he planned it.

Last edited:
Your buddy get those photos circulating of him carrying a Lightning Disc Golf bag? (Top troll)

hoping those photos were not staged... but Paul is a marketing genius and wouldn't surprise me if he planned it.

Gotta Go Gotta Throw purchased Lightning basically and has all their inventory here in MN now.

Very reasonable prices on this excellent old school state of the art equipment!

Latest posts