• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Paul to lightning discs confirmed

pdwhxunupsx11.jpg

Curious thing: all the sports have all those changes in equipment, but the specs for the size of the baseball has not changed since pro baseball began in the mid-1800s. I wonder if DG will be the same a century and a half from now....

It will be though I bet at some point carbon fiber will get used as a disc material as that material gets cheaper and cheaper to make.

I bet that Disc Golf might even have a change on the hole size again or get rid of some or all chains to make it harder to putt into for even the average player as that gets easier and easier even by the average player. I see a basket without chains but same parameters or a basket with only the inner set of chains but same parameters. I even see a pole hole with some easier way to tell if you hit the pole, like a tone pole but slim like a pole hole.

I bet size of disc does not change but they make another variant of the game using as much of PDGA rules as you can and modifying a few like disc specs for a game that uses the type of discs that are too small for Disc Golf but too big for Mini Disc Golf. 3 brands already make those discs, Discraft, the 3 Swedish made trilogy brand of discs, and MVP/Axiom as well as Innova having a larger Sonic Jr. for a very long time.

I hope the pros who switch will somehow document how they create their new bag. Not just an "in the bag" video, but something that shows the process. Would be entertaining and also informative as to how to make a bag from scratch and the strategy of choosing discs to cover shots.

Robert Leonard made a video like this when he was with Innova then went to Discraft. Not sure he is still touring with them, as they need to update the dealer site that has the touring pros on it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk6ev7uKNyg

If Paul plays the VPO (right in my neck of the woods I should add), do you think he would throw any discs from his new bag? If so, word would be out pretty quick what he is throwing.

Every commentator in the history of sports adds anecdotal rhetoric to their broadcasts to fill the gaps between meaningful play by play. CCDG does seem fond of most players, but I don't have a problem with their opinions. I have no reason to believe otherwise either...

Maybe CCDG knows the 'real' people being filmed and the ones casting stones around here are basing their opinion off what they see on film and social media. I know they're all the same person, but you may be surprised at how your* on-camera persona may change when people start recognizing you*.
* This is meant as the editorial you, not a specific person...

But Paul, Ricky, Kevin and others most have started practise with their new discs by now. . so just a matter of time before somebody reports on what they are throwing

Off topic. Did McBeth ever throw the Beast on a regular basis?

As he was learning, his main distance driver went from a Beast, to Orc, then Wraith, before the now infamous Destroyer.

Later on he would sometimes carry a beat beast for rollers but now uses a roadrunner for that slot.

The plot thickens...

Looks like a nice stack of the Swirly ESP Forces. I would grab a stack to fingerfck in front of the fireplace/TV as well. While leaving the rest of the run sit in storage while they skyrocket in value.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more pros trying to gobble up stacks like this to REALLY maintain consistency in your backups. Sure they would maybe have to put some $ down, but they are used to only free plastic, so that's prob why you prob don't see it more.

But Paul, Ricky, Kevin and others most have started practise with their new discs by now. . so just a matter of time before somebody reports on what they are throwing

Ummmmmmmmm people have been reporting what they are throwing, yet people just carry on with wild speculations. :) Unless someone decides to pull a Josh McDaniels, the Pauls are going to Discraft, Rick to Innova.