• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Texas BBQ is good. Kansas City is better.

Special exception for NC when it comes to pulled pork - especially sandwiches. Give me a vinegary sauce and some apple slaw all day in the cackalacky.

I don't care which BBQ is better. I only care which one Paul McBeth likes best.

I'll wager Paul thinks about it like this - while innovation is great, he's really about the craft behind it when it comes down to his money.

I love Austin, fantastic city that would be in my top 5 places to move if I could just point to a map of the US. I think it's more of the Louisiana in me than the California that likes to chip away at the Texas-sized ego that often comes along with the residency status ;).

This made me think about the last time I was in Austin. I was in a restaurant/bar on 6th, and saw this:

e40314848f36c06b9a1b75f87317e68c.jpg

Which brings it full circle because the picture makes me think about opinions posted on the net.

Note to self: when stuff gets political, divert to BBQ. If we're gonna argue anyway, let's have more fun with it.

Just be careful or you could start the Great BBQ War of 2019.

Tomato vs Mustard

Honey vs Molasses

Thin vs Thick

Spice vs Sweet

Ignoring the fact that Trump said he'd run for President "if he got bored" back in 1988 ;).

I should have worded that better. When I saw the Trump speech in 2012, I don't think he had serious ideas of running for President in 2016. The speech was a business (and overall) success speech.

Fun fact, California has not had back-to-back (D) Governors since 1887

Until now. Governor Brown will be succeeded by the recently elected Democrat.

Anyhoo, California has some great things about it, but i would not try to start a business there with their taxation and regulations. And now I'll go back to speculating on what Paul McBeth's incentive was to leave Innova for Discraft...

Depends in the meat being consumed. Chicken is better with a spicy sauce. Pork is better with sweet. Beef is dry-rub.;)

Mustard based

First time I went to a proper Carolina pig-pull, three BIG women got into a slap fight over the cheek meat.
I didn't get it until I started eating and suddenly wanted to slap my way in there for a piece.

From a life-long Texan, them Kakalacks can make some great BBQ pork and the sauce is a big reason it stands out.

First time I went to a proper Carolina pig-pull, three BIG women got into a slap fight over the cheek meat.
I didn't get it until I started eating and suddenly wanted to slap my way in there for a piece.

From a life-long Texan, them Kakalacks can make some great BBQ pork and the sauce is a big reason it stands out.

We have a saying for that kind of food.

Good enough to smack your mama

Latest posts