• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Paul McBeth and Jomez put out a "Paul McBeth builds his Discraft bag for 2019", which tells us that...we will have to watch another video in the future to learn what is in his bag. :thmbdown:

Prodigy puts out an Instagram video welcoming their new team member...that they do not reveal in the video, but will instead reveal in the future. :thmbdown:

All hype. No substance.
Maybe some like the videos, but I have a dim view of people who decide to be manipulative and waste my time like this. And, my response to this sort of behavior is to not buy their products.

Paul McBeth and Jomez put out a "Paul McBeth builds his Discraft bag for 2019", which tells us that...we will have to watch another video in the future to learn what is in his bag. :thmbdown:

Prodigy puts out an Instagram video welcoming their new team member...that they do not reveal in the video, but will instead reveal in the future. :thmbdown:

All hype. No substance.

Maybe some like the videos, but I have a dim view of people who decide to be manipulative and waste my time like this. And, my response to this sort of behavior is to not buy their products.

For the Prodigy one, I totally agree. That was lame. It's clearly Kevin Jones. We've known for months from solid sources. Just make it official already.

For the McBeth ITB, maybe Jomez is still editing the full video and it's going to have new features. I get it, they didn't have to do it until it was done, just a possible explanation.

All hype. No substance.

They only waste your time if you bother caring about/watching the videos. You could just as easily wait for the announcements. And frankly, I am not sure people with the same opinion as yourself are their target audience. Would you have all announcements be boring press releases? These teaser videos get people talking, build anticipation, and ultimately get people to buy product.

For the McBeth ITB, maybe Jomez is still editing the full video and it's going to have new features. I get it, they didn't have to do it until it was done, just a possible explanation.
It is like a trailer for a movie. If they just released the video, it would get lots of views, but maybe not as many than if they tease the video. And as you said, it gives them more time to clean up the final video.

Last edited:

All hype. No substance.

I think its a series of vids...

So with the McBeth promo being shot by Jomez, who shot the mystery Prodigy promo?

Did Prodigy just bring promo video shoots inhouse? :popcorn:

So with the McBeth promo being shot by Jomez, who shot the mystery Prodigy promo?

Did Prodigy just bring promo video shoots inhouse? :popcorn:

Ian from ccdg commented before that cory filmed Kevin jones's video but wouldn't tell him who it was for

I'm still wondering what Trilogy is going to do. I am half-tempted to say they may have been outmaneuvered this off-season.

I think DD will continue to sponsor the lower rated social network warriors in the major markets to keep moving product. However, their FPO team is rock solid with the double Ps. I thought they might go after a young'ish high rated MPO like KJ, but it doesn't look like it now.

Maybe Paul wasn't done building his bag, maybe waiting till the sig series is ready to go, etc.

I don't know, if you look at the attached image, dude's build looks a little stocky to be KJ, to me it looks a bit like Nikko, especially with the hat. And we all know how good I am at predictions.

I agree that it looks a little stockier than KJ, but Nikko isn't bigger than KJ. I'd almost use the word "petite" to describe Nikko. One of my good friends works at Gateway and said Nikko told him that he's not going anywhere. Loves Gateway and a mixed bag.

That said, I don't think they really need a top 3 MPO player if they can kinda lock down FPO and keep selling the "we're a family" thing. Their fanbase is pretty loyal.

That fanbase is loyal? I'd say that's an understatement. The rampant "fanboyism" for DD is almost reminiscent of a cult. From my experience, the are ridiculous in their followings.

Maybe I've just met the few crazies....

sure I'll take that bet. what do you think is going to exactly replace his nova?

Everyone is much too focused on discs.

Pro's throw shots not discs.

Pauls shot selection hasn't changed in years because he has had all of the shots for years.

He's already determined what are his highest percentage shots and he uses them over and over again.

He actually doesn't throw the nova that often. It would be easily replaced with a putter mold. It might fly a bit different in the air but it's still a floaty backhand putter shot.

And honestly the Comet could replicate any Nova shot, although the disc feels much different, to be sure.

What is the softest plastic? The Nova is a real hit and sit disc for my at my home course which has lots of sloped greens with mega roll-away potential.

What is the softest plastic? The Nova is a real hit and sit disc for my at my home course which has lots of sloped greens with mega roll-away potential.

Elite X comets sit pretty well, but the ultimate hit and sit would be a jawbreaker Banger GT. Now that I think about it, Banger might be a closer equivalent based on how slow the disc is.