• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Z0c9F9c.png

Pic is in 3d, further back you go, the smaller the people. Zany....

In unrelated news...Philo reamains with Innova....and sponsored...as its revealed he has incriminating pictures of the Panis family despite having last won an Atier in 2016.

Nikko was praising PW Warlocks on FB for longer glidey putts but said 90% putting with Wizard still.

Yeah I love my Wizards but for people not able to generate enough power from the legs to be a good push putter Warlocks are great as a stable workhorse putter. They also do well as a driving putter, if comparing to mids it would be the slower Buzzz as opposed to say Wizard/Roc or Magic/Comet. As I get older I've been having some back issues, I could see going to Warlocks down the road, they are so underrated, basically a Beadless Wizard and now that they have them in PW, they need 4S/RFF and definitely Diamond, there was a really small but sweet platinum blend but some flat, low shoulder (at least for premium plastic) Diamond Warlocks need to happen in 2019.

So I filmed the FLYR open this weekend. Learned some fun stuff.

Sias Elmore was throwing MVP/Axiom, and throwing it well. Vids start coming out tomorrow.

Nick Newton and Steve Rico are going on tour this year repping Legacy (per the usual), which will be nice as Rico was MIA this year.

Didn't Sias post somewhere in this thread that he was with DGA for 2019? Or have I totally made that up? Was this a real quick and late romance with MVP?

The first hole of your vid made me jump out of my seat and shout by the way! Did not see that coming :)

RE: That pic with Ricky - is that Big Swede?? Haven't seen him in a year or two, dude's EVEN SWOLLE-R

In unrelated news...Philo reamains with Innova....and sponsored...

I'm guessing this is a dig at Philo? A guy who's been out touring and competing at a high level forever? A guy who runs clinics all over the world for kids? A great personality who represents himself well in the public eye? A guy who's done more for teaching disc golf than 99% of the people on these boards? A guy who is the star of the most viewed disc golf video ever?

I can't imagine why Innova would want to give that scrub a sponsor. They should totally give you that spot.

I'm guessing this is a dig at Philo? A guy who's been out touring and competing at a high level forever? A guy who runs clinics all over the world for kids? A great personality who represents himself well in the public eye? A guy who's done more for teaching disc golf than 99% of the people on these boards? A guy who is the star of the most viewed disc golf video ever?

I can't imagine why Innova would want to give that scrub a sponsor. They should totally give you that spot.

That was beautiful.

Philo deserves every bit of credit he gets and more. Such a positive international ambassador for the sport. His throw is one of the smoothest things caught on video, on the entire internet.

I get what you are saying and I agree. I suppose I am not being critical of the man and his works, but of the competitive disc golfer. I suppose thats really all I am ever talking about when talking about a pro disc golfer is their competitive disc golf ability and results. The truth is that I, and most disc golf enthusiasts, will only ever get the privilege of knowing these guys by their competitive disc golf performance. Just like any athlete really. I dont think I said anything about the man and your rabid defense of the man and off the field works might be missing the mark and misdirected.

Plus there is the whole thing where my post was obviously not serious at best...project much? =)

Last edited:
That was beautiful.

Philo deserves every bit of credit he gets and more. Such a positive international ambassador for the sport. His throw is one of the smoothest things caught on video, on the entire internet.

If you are into retaliatory shaming, misdirected anger, miscontextualizing quotes, and just general over reaction to tongue and cheek comments made in one of the most not serious and off topic threads of all time then yeah....it was beautiful.

If you are into retaliatory shaming, misdirected anger, miscontextualizing quotes, and just general over reaction to tongue and cheek comments made in one of the most not serious and off topic threads of all time then yeah....it was beautiful.

His reply to your comment in question didn't even seem like a shot at you, just more of a defense of Philo. That's what I thought was beautiful. I didn't say anything about your comment.

Guilty conscience?

Latest posts