• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

If you look deeper into the Worlds results, you will find some good things in there. Like for instance, the woman who finished in last cash(played the finals for 5 rounds to his 4) still beat him by 32 shots. The only other person to shoot in triple digits was the last place finisher in FPO...and she still beat him by 39 shots.

Last edited:
Was pace of play or length of rounds an issue at Worlds last year? I don't recall any complaints about it, particularly from any of my friends who were there and playing in the same pool that he would have been leading off each day.

I agree that the attention he's gotten, particularly here, is unwarranted and a bit sad. But more power to him for going out and doing what he wants to do. I disagree about "gating" Worlds. The tiered registration by rating is gate enough, IMO. If the event isn't full by the time a 735 rated player is allowed to register, why deny him the opportunity? It's his time and his money, let him spend it how he pleases.

I don't see gating the event as taking away someones freedom to play. I see it as establishing the event as the pinnacle of competitive play. I don't think it should be based on rating, I think it should be based on points earned over the last 12-18 months. #growthesport has consequences that some players may not enjoy.

You're right though, the bigger issue is that the field wasn't filled with players whose relative ability matched the event. Pro disc golf still has a long way to go before it hits ESPN status.

I don't see gating the event as taking away someones freedom to play. I see it as establishing the event as the pinnacle of competitive play. I don't think it should be based on rating, I think it should be based on points earned over the last 12-18 months. #growthesport has consequences that some players may not enjoy.

You're right though, the bigger issue is that the field wasn't filled with players whose relative ability matched the event. Pro disc golf still has a long way to go before it hits ESPN status.

I don't understand the comment that "growthesport has consequences that some players may not enjoy."

Worlds used to be points based but the PDGA changed worlds registration to be more exclusive/provide easier registration for the top players. I think you have it backwards...

In order to get this thread back on track I am sharing my Quick BBQ skillet sauce. Easy to whip up in only 15 mins while meat/seitan is grilling. This isn't meant to be a particular regional style, just a good all around thick tangy/spicy sauce (with a touch of sweetness) that goes well with a variety of proteins. It's a cooked sauce that is meant for finishing but can applied early in grilling if you keep the heat low.

Ingredient List:
1/2 small onion minced (about 1/4 cup)
2 cloves garlic smashed and minced into a paste
2 tbsp Liquid Aminos (sub low sodium soy sauce)
1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
1 tbsp Whole Grain Mustard (sub 1/2 tsp mustard powder)
1 1/2 cup Ketchup (I use simple truth organic Ketchup which is lower in sugar than most name brands).
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp Smoked Paprika (not hot)
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or 1/2 tsp Chipotle Pepper powder

Cooking Instructions:

1. Heat skillet (non-stick if you have it) over medium high heat.
2. Add 1 tsp veg oil (any low flavor oil, not olive) and wait until it's shimmering but not smoking.
3. Add onion and cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring to prevent burning.
4. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring to prevent burning.
5. Add spices (paprika, salt, pepper powder) followed by the Aminos/Soy and let liquid begin to bubble.
6. Add vinegar, wait until it begins to bubble and let cook 1-2 minutes.
7. Add maple syrup and wait until the contents begin to bubble.
8. Add Mustard and Ketchup, stir to combine completely and wait for sauce to begin to bubble.
9. Turn down heat to low and cook for 5 mins. Sauce will be thick and have darkened slightly.
10. Taste and add additional spices, maple syrup, and vinegar to taste. If you add vinegar you will want to cook it off a bit afterwards.

True but Discraft still didnt really have an aviar mold.

Yes discraft didn't have a AVIAR or Destroyer. . .so they made him one

Innova don't have anything like a Dagger or Harp. . Will they make one for Ricky?

But in all seriousness, I think one of the reasons Paul left Innova was to get the chance to make his own moulds and get more control in the disc design process

Have you felt a Luna yet?

I think that's what he was saying...that didn't exactly exist so there was a point to having the Luna come out aside from just getting your name on something "new". Especially with getting the firmer plastic blend.

Nate Perkins just posted on Instagram that he is signed through 2020 with disc mania. I think we'll see a lot more of him in the next two years

Today, I learned from watching the McBeth, in the bag, video. The Zone is the most popular throwing putter out there.

Today, I learned from watching the McBeth, in the bag, video. The Zone is the most popular throwing putter out there.

At the moment, with McBeth's name on it, the Zone probably is the top selling throwing putter. It has probably lagged pretty far behind the Harp for the last few years though.

At the moment, with McBeth's name on it, the Zone probably is the top selling throwing putter. It has probably lagged pretty far behind the Harp for the last few years though.

Per Infinite Discs's blog, the Zone's well behind the Harp.

Latest posts