• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 United States Disc Golf Championship Oct 2-5

Best part of the graphics so far...highlighting the thrower's photo on the lower third. Not that most of the folks watching can't distinguish Simon from Drew from Chris from Nathan, but it's a good practice to accommodate viewers who are less familiar with these guys.

So far the spin tv next day footage is good. Commentary is not bad, professional sounding(the Champ with the cigarette wisper voice lol).
Video quality is great.
The course.....not a fan of all the stakes/OB. Hole 3A is just bad. Not sure what they were thinking. Hole 4(A? The double mando tunnel) is pretty crappy too but i would like to play it casually.
Idk. I guess it has a history but this course is not a good showcase for todays players imo.
Maybe it has 5-7 good holes, that are technical and eye pleasing/fun (hole 13).

Risley "freestyling" his disc after putts and other throws....very annoying...or maybe it reminds me of him talking...which is also annoying....and makes me more annoyed than i should be...

OK, your right, its my problem, not his. I will settle down now. Thanks for talking it out with me.

Last edited:
So far the live look great, very professional. . and the commentators sounds more like they do in most pro sports. . less jokes and more "sport talk"

That's exactly what pro disc golf broadcasts needs. Climo borderlines on whispering/mumbling but his insight is good.

After watching the spinTV R1F9 video I'm on board with the criticism of hole 3. When you have 3/4 of the players throwing a putt to layup short of the mando, it is not fun to watch. I want to see them go for it on the 2nd shot.

Maybe the tee shot is too long. How about move it shorter so that more people can land close to the double mando? We'd see more people go for it on the 2nd shot.

Just my initial thought...so far I've only watched four people play it so I'll be curious to see some more.

After watching the spinTV R1F9 video I'm on board with the criticism of hole 3. When you have 3/4 of the players throwing a putt to layup short of the mando, it is not fun to watch. I want to see them go for it on the 2nd shot.

Maybe the tee shot is too long. How about move it shorter so that more people can land close to the double mando? We'd see more people go for it on the 2nd shot.

Just my initial thought...so far I've only watched four people play it so I'll be curious to see some more.

You are referring to hole 4, not 3.

I don't like the hole, I'll start with that.

Saying that, it does feel like a very hard pin on a par 3 in golf. Pros will hit 30 - 50 feet away from one of those. This feels the same - a player intentionally not throwing anywhere near a pin and playing for par.

You are referring to hole 4, not 3.

I don't like the hole, I'll start with that.

Saying that, it does feel like a very hard pin on a par 3 in golf. Pros will hit 30 - 50 feet away from one of those. This feels the same - a player intentionally not throwing anywhere near a pin and playing for par.

Nah...he's talking about 3.

I really appreciate Ken's commentary on the live broadcast. He has a lot of great insight, has good stories, and he 100 percent tells it like it is.

I liked the Climo/Jamie commentary, came off as rather professional and I liked the Champs insights.

On the plus side, I didn't have to listen to all the redundant phrases;
That shot was "money"
That shot was "cash"
That shot was "Cash-Money"

And the ever annoying; Their discs are making minis!

not really a big fan of the course, but I appreciate the events history and it's better than watching GBO.

Best part of the graphics so far...highlighting the thrower's photo on the lower third. Not that most of the folks watching can't distinguish Simon from Drew from Chris from Nathan, but it's a good practice to accommodate viewers who are less familiar with these guys.

less familiar folks probably also arent ppv folks

Austin Turner is wearing womens shorts....tell me why im wrong ;)

No doubt, but it's still a good practice that could be adopted by media outlets that aren't hidden behind a paywall.

Baseball has run into a serious problem where casual and semi-serious fans can't visually identify star players. Star baseball players are less identifiable than football players that always wear helmets. That's a problem.

Point being, there's no such thing as over-saturation of photos that identify the players, if you want fans to be able to identify the most number of players.

Latest posts