• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 United States Disc Golf Championship Oct 2-5

Incompetent golfers have no confidence in their putting from 20-30 feet. Competent golfers have a 60' diameter target.

If you are trying to hit chains and stay within 30' that means your target is somewhere below 30', not 60'. The 60' target is what you end up with trying to stop on the ground at the base. Trying to hit chains means your closest land on a miss is AT LEAST 10' behind the basket. So really you are trying to hit a 20' target while also trying to hit the chains. Not a high percentage shot.

And let's say you actually manage to always stay C1X when you run chains. Make percentage for C1X is around 80%. Do you think that you make 20% of your field ace runs? I am betting not. If you make anything less than 20% of your field ace throws it is an objectively terrible choice to actually throw for a field ace. And let's be honest, the make % for field aces is somewhere in the 1% range.

Math. Try it.

Geez, folks, I don't care if it's ball golf or disc golf, nor who made the thrown. An albatross is going to be more lucky than good. Just enjoy having seen Nikko's, and Philo's, if you did. Awesome shots, both.

Admit you're wrong...try it.

If you are trying to hit chains and stay within 30' that means your target is somewhere below 30', not 60'. The 60' target is what you end up with trying to stop on the ground at the base. Trying to hit chains means your closest land on a miss is AT LEAST 10' behind the basket. So really you are trying to hit a 20' target while also trying to hit the chains. Not a high percentage shot.

And let's say you actually manage to always stay C1X when you run chains. Make percentage for C1X is around 80%. Do you think that you make 20% of your field ace runs? I am betting not. If you make anything less than 20% of your field ace throws it is an objectively terrible choice to actually throw for a field ace. And let's be honest, the make % for field aces is somewhere in the 1% range.

Math. Try it.

I comment here every once in a while but this may be the first comment where I am sure I don't know why either side is arguing.....?

Nikko threw it in from 400 for a two and someone thinks it was lucky and someone else thinks it wasn't?

Sheesh ...buzz kill one and buzz kill 2 — calm down....watch it again....it's fun. Have fun.

Incompetent disc golfers aim at the chains. Competent disc golfers aim at the base of the pole. For that range anyways.

The proper fairway shot should land short and skip under the basket.
Incompetent posters make statements like these.

Crap! My bad. I reacted before remembering I was feeding the troll. :wall:

Last edited:
just realized that Simon had 3 out of 4 of his rounds at a WORSE score than Paul!!

Are you serious? I can get Netflix, HBO, or Hulu for an entire month at that price. Don't care what kind of quality it is. I can bet it's still a feed filled with ads half the time too . Still wouldn't be worth it if it wasn't

Actually you're partially wrong. Netflix is 11$ Hulu is 8$ and HBO is 14.99. With free not being in the equation, How much do you think a 1 time streaming fee should cost?

Kind of fun to see Nikko play on Jomez . . the ONLY time ever i have seen a cut from when a player starts to putt until the disc finally is released by the player

2019 United States Disc Golf Championship Performance Tracks
attachment.php

Attachments

• USDGC2019PT.jpg
    USDGC2019PT.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 351
Kind of fun to see Nikko play on Jomez . . the ONLY time ever i have seen a cut from when a player starts to putt until the disc finally is released by the player

What do you mean?

Latest posts