• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2024 Majors Announced

Hmmm, time for me to finish polishing up my ho hum review for New London Tech...

EDIT: I will say that while I find New London Tech to be a pretty middling Championship Level course in terms of factors like Beauty, Variety, FUN, Creativity, it will be a very effective test of DG skills.

Last edited:
I have to be honest, in saying that I find disappointment that the bidding is so scant, that yet another major falls to Nate Heinold. I really cannot think of a less deserving choice. :thmbdown:

I also am not enthused at the choice of Emporia.

It would be really interesting to know where the other bids originated.

Darn shame they are not going to use Independence Park in Bedford VA. I would much rather see pros play there versus playing yet another bolf course. :(

It would be really interesting to know where the other bids originated.

Tampere in Finland was one of the others at least. When Bodi from the PDGA Europe Board was on a Swedish podcast recently (last week) it sounded as it was more or less a done deal that the 2024 Worlds would be played there.

Darn shame they are not going to use Independence Park in Bedford VA. I would much rather see pros play there versus playing yet another bolf course. :(

Independence has no parking and no room for spectators (neither does New London but I am sure they have at least the parking part figured out) plus you would be able to hear the complaining about playing in the tight woods from your place in MD.

Tampere in Finland was one of the others at least. When Bodi from the PDGA Europe Board was on a Swedish podcast recently (last week) it sounded as it was more or less a done deal that the 2024 Worlds would be played there.

I had heard in the past that Jussi was going to push hard for a European Worlds in 24.

Independence has no parking and no room for spectators (neither does New London but I am sure they have at least the parking part figured out) . . .

Well, if you want to get hung up on practical considerations. ;)

. . . plus you would be able to hear the complaining about playing in the tight woods from your place in MD.

That would be half of the fun. :D

I performed the site review for the bid. Best golf course design I've ever seen. Par 3s out of the woods over water, par 5s into woods, everything.

Also, the course is played in reverse of the golf course, meaning the greens are rarely in play.

I'm not a big golf course fan either, but this one was different.

I performed the site review for the bid. Best golf course design I've ever seen. Par 3s out of the woods over water, par 5s into woods, everything.

Also, the course is played in reverse of the golf course, meaning the greens are rarely in play.

I'm not a big golf course fan either, but this one was different.

Interesting. Do you know if that will be a temporary or permanent course?

Latest posts