• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] 5-6 disc bag - how would you cover the bases.

I'd go with a slightly worn destroyer, a brinster teebird, a seasoned teebird, prolly a flat top roc that'll hold any line. And nova.

This is pretty much my glow bag. I just don't throw flat top rocs anymore so I have a roc3/ atlas combo.

Seems like a person with a good backhand and forehand would throw much better with the above setup than just one or the other.

:edit: Oh I didnt read 5-6 only seen five discs. So my post is for a 5 disc bag.

Last edited:
Your bag (just five to six discs, not multiples of one mold)
1. FB
2. PD
3. Patriot
4. Roc
5. Polecat
6. Scale

or

1. FB
2. OLS
3. Eagle
4. Roc
5. Polecat
6. Scale

5 discs (multiples of one mold)

1. PD-- beefy one eliminates FB
2. Patriot-- straight to no fade. This type of shot comes in Premium plastic
3. Roc--power down on a PD for certain OS midrange shots.
4. Scale
5. Polecat

or

1. OLF--beefy one eliminates FB
2. Teebird-- once beat in it will turn and not come back complementing the Olf's eagle-like tendencies.
3. Roc-- power down on a OLF for more OS shots
4. Scale
5. Polecat

Aside from the 4-6 setup, I do think you have some overlap in your bag.

THAT DUZN'T EVEN MAKE ANY SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOME PEOPLE ARE TRYIN TO HAVE A USEFULL CONVERSATION AND YOU HAVE TO COMB IN HERE AND RUIN IT FOR EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MEAN, SOME PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY TRING TO HELP AND YOU COME IN AND JUS FLAME!!!!!!
WHY YA GOTTA PLAY IT LIKE THAT?!!?!?!?!?!?!? 'CUZ YOUR SOOOOOO HEAVY????!?!?!? OH RIGHT, IS IT 'CUZ YOU HAVE LIKE 1700 POSTS AND NO LYFE?!!!!?!?!?!?!

WHY YOU GOTTA MESS WITH MY LIFE??!?!?!?!?!??!

MY!

LIFE!!!

^ This

Prodigy D1 Air, Innova Tern, Legacy Ghost, Discraft Hornet, Discraft Mantis & Innova Pig --- that's a small bag that can accomplish BIG things!!!!

92d8b42f8a92c146727de4b5edee7e5917679a026f3fbd7a1d993d7d9132d012_1.gif

1. Putter
2. Understable Mid
3. Stable to Overstable Mid
4. Understable Fairway Driver
5. Stable to Overstable Driver

I know this thread must be a little frustrating for you by now davidrboy but I can't stop returning to it for a quick peek. It's like a train wreck, I just can't look away.

I've had more laughs watching this thread.

Eagle and Teebird have some decent overlap for sure. I use both, like both, but don't keep both in the bag together.

Out of your bag:

FB/‎‎‎PD/OLF/‎OLS ‎•‎ Eagle‎/‎TB/‎Patriot ‎•‎ Sentinel‎/‎‎Roc •‎ Scale‎/Lex/Polecat

Teebird for sure. You should be able to hit most fairway lines with a Teebird in the sweet spot.
Scale would probably be my putter choice, and in a minimal bag there's no need for two.
Not a fan of any of your mids, but I'd probably take 2 Rocs, worn and fresh, and I'm not familiar with any of your DD's other than the Firebird, so take that and your most versatile one.

Out of my current bag:

Champ Teebird. Slightly OS fairway lines and thumber duties. It's like Amex, I don't leave home without it.

Neutron FR Volt. Longer than the Teebird, and less OS. Would be my primary driver, holds any line I put it on well enough for me to live without everything else in my bag. Could also replace with a DX Teebird if I wanted to go ultra-minimal.

Buzzz and Buzzz OS. Similar concept as a beat and fresh Roc, these are just more comfortable to me

Neutron Theory or X Comet. Theory on somewhat windy days, Comet on calmer days. Fills the same roll.

JK Aviar. Solid off the tee, money around the pin.

Judging by your bag you've got a bigger arm than me, where I'm emphasizing mids in my own minimal setup. I tend to assume I might lose discs when I force myself to throw them on different lines, so I'm putting redundancy where I need it most.

Last edited:
Tank - stable putter
Lock Jaw - straight/turnover putts and approaches
Zone - overstable mid/utility shots
Roc3 - controllable mid
Old Mold Beast - most controllable driver IMO, great line shaper
Flick - overstable drives, rollers, thumbers, you name it, AMAZING utility disc!!

I know this thread must be a little frustrating for you by now davidrboy but I can't stop returning to it for a quick peek. It's like a train wreck, I just can't look away.

I've had more laughs watching this thread.

Not one bit. I appreciate everyone trying to help answer a question. I especially appreciate those who read the question first.

FB - beefy stuff
S-PD - workhorse driver/distance
P-PD - beat, flippy stuff
Roc - line shaping
Polecat - Funsies/sharp dogleg rights
putting putter (Lex? sorry, not familiar with these) - For teh putts.

FB/‎‎‎PD/OLF/‎OLS ‎•‎ Eagle‎/‎TB/‎Patriot ‎•‎ Sentinel‎/‎‎Roc •‎ Scale‎/Lex/Polecat

I think the PD,OLF,OLS overlap through their various plastic offerings. PD and OLF could take the place of the OLS once they are seasoned, and potentially the FB if you are able to find a beefy version.

You don't need both the Eagle and Teebird. You could get by with either one and use one of your control drivers to fill in the other shots. Once seasoned/beat, however, the Eagle (X version) can still make shots like the Tbird but the Tbird is not going to be able to make shots like the Eagle.

You could get by with just the Roc and power down with a fairway driver.

Any of the setups I mentioned in my earlier post could work for you.

Ima say...

Beat Star FB - OS/Stable utility
PPD - Stable/US driver
Roc (of choice) - Mid/Fairway
All 3 putters - Because, putters!

rhyno- putting, short drives, placement, rollers

king cobra-tunnel shots, long turn overs, rollers, sweep hyzer

S FD-tunnel/turn over/slow annys, rollers

FB-(would have a gator) short mid ranges spike hyzer, head wind, FH, FH rollers, D spike hyzer

SPD- flex/hyzer/sky anny distance

Latest posts