• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

a couple vids from flyboy

billnchristy

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Walked Flyboy Aviation today with my wifes card and caddied and shot video.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3693&mode=ci

Here is a guy that was on our card, he had an incredible putting game, this is the second hole we played, 17 on the course:

Here is my wife on 3, 765 feet par 5. 465 to the water, 250 across, 50 feet from shore to basket. Can throw to rope which was 20' from water, take 2 strokes and re-tee from the drop zone across lake (the girls took this option, one guy splashed, the other made it)

Here is a plane coming in on the fairway of 18...also known as the runway.

Here is jon, also on Christy's card making a killer drive over the lake:

Happened twice while we were on it. It was a gorgeous day and everyone in the neighborhood has a plane...so...

Each #1 on the card was designated runway monitor, I also helped out since I was not playing. When a plane was taking off they would turn the runway lights on and you could also hear the engine rev. When they were going to land they would fly parallel to the runway and also turn on the runway lights.

I know you are deaf but if you happened to get to play there you would be taken care of and there are plenty of visual cues along with the audible ones. (if that is why you were asking)

I gotta play there and get some video. The guy that owns my company has 5 samll planes and would love that ****. ROADTRIP!!!

that course is probably my one and only excuse to make a trip down there, and i intend to one day.

that course is probably my one and only excuse to make a trip down there, and i intend to one day.

It's well worth it. Here's my Flickr set from yesterday's action: http://www.flickr.com/photos/scottwalker3/sets/72157623704363137/

Here's one to set the scene:
4510228208_5741c4a6f2.jpg

Yes, that's a real hangar, and yes, that's a basket on top with a windsock on top of that.

Side note...Kelly and family is finishing up a bed and breakfast in the hangar that is AWESOME! I would have a substantial increase in quality of life if I could live there. So soon you could be able to come down, stay there and play the most amazing course on earth.