• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The first of many DG videos I plan to make. Morley Field, San Diego, CA.

I've been watching DG videos a lot this week, but this is the first one I've seen that combined terrific discing with excellent video quality. I was super happy to leave SoCal in late 2011 and I'm still really excited to be living back in Michigan, but for the first time I actually miss SoCal.

I liked the video on YouTube. Here is a video I shot over Christmas of Morley.

I've been watching DG videos a lot this week, but this is the first one I've seen that combined terrific discing with excellent video quality. I was super happy to leave SoCal in late 2011 and I'm still really excited to be living back in Michigan, but for the first time I actually miss SoCal.

Thank you for the kinds words!

Im glad you liked it, but a little sorry it made you miss SoCal haha. If you ever come back out to visit hit me up for some golf!

I can't think of much more I'd like to do than play disc golf in San Diego. I was there a couple years ago, before I played in earnest, and fell in love with the place. Great weather, great breweries, the ocean, I mean, really?

Both videos are great, I cant wait to play Morley tomorrow morning. The second video, showed the discs thrown on each hole, I've never thrown an Eagle, but I'm gonna go get one tomorrow.

I'm going to be putting the second video together tonight! What do you guys want to see that wasnt in the first video or that can be improved on?

Nice vid dude. Makes me wish I could post some of my videos but I have copyrighted music all over them and haters hate. Its probably time to start looking for some different tunes. Where do you guys get your music from?

I used a copyrighted song, but its up to the person who has the copyright on the music to allow your video to be on YouTube with their content in it. I should have asked Zion I for permission before using their song, but luckily they were cool enough not to have my video removed.

The ads you see on my video are a result of that copyrighted material. I assume the revenue from the ads go directly to Zion I, but im not 100% sure about that.

I'd love to help you shoot some courses in LA. Im actually coming back down to SD on Thursday morning to get in a round then to pick up some equipment at the convention center.

I hear ya. I was having toruble with youtube quality and finding decent royality free music (the muisc is important to me for some reason) so I just made an account with Vimeo. Some of the descent royalty free tracks that arn't free are selling for an outragous $30 a peice.

Music is crucial! Ive been listening to music nonstop for the past week trying to narrow down what i want to put in the next one haha. Vimeo definitely does have better quality, ive been thinking about posting the vids on both.

If you are going to do another video at Morley, shoot some video from the basket side of 17 looking back at the tee pad or #16, looking up from the pad at #19, discs always look cool flying across to the other side.

I'm nervous enough just standing on 19's tee, filming and not looking at 15, 16 and 18's tees for incoming discs sounds like a recipe for getting conked in the noggin. :p

Me and my buddy usually play every Saturday and and occasional Sunday, this time of year we normally start at 6am if were gonna play 2 rounds but its dark for the first 2 or 3 holes, the last 2 weeks we've been starting at 620am when the sun comes up. At that time there is usually a couple of groups and since the shop isn't open yet we pay when we finish #14.

That's a great idea at Morley, you miss a lot of the crowds playing early in the day.

LMAO, that's exactly what I was thinking when I was there. Then I was hoping I wouldn't be one of the people I was thinking about.

I'm nervous enough just standing on 19's tee, filming and not looking at 15, 16 and 18's tees for incoming discs sounds like a recipe for getting conked in the noggin. :p

Latest posts