• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A top 10 course your home course?

wolito

* Ace Member *
Silver level trusted reviewer
The top 10 list is a listing of the best courses in the county. Most all of us on this site want to play every one of these and many have spent lots of time and money just to get to one of them. How many of you are lucky enough to live right next to one of these elite courses? Do you play them all the time? Dare I say you even get bored by them? Is there another course on the top ten list that you are just dying to play?

I live about 45 minutes from Hawk Hollow but have yet to make it there. Must get to that this coming year.

i live 20mins south of Blue ribbon pines disc golf course and no i do not get tired of playing.

I'm an hour and a half from Idlewild. Just far enough that I only make the trip once a year.

I live about an Hour and fifteen minutes away from Flip City. Try to hit it up at least 2 or 3 times a year.

The top 10 list is a listing of the best courses in the county.
Wow, they're all in one county? Now I know there's some HBB going on. :)

But seriously, I'm sure they're all nice, but if we had a top 100 list, I'm sure even the courses in the 80-100 range would be just as nice. There's no need to worship the ones in the Top 10 that are spoiled and over-reviewed due to having prominent space on the home page.

Wow, they're all in one county? Now I know there's some HBB going on. :)

But seriously, I'm sure they're all nice, but if we had a top 100 list, I'm sure even the courses in the 80-100 range would be just as nice. There's no need to worship the ones in the Top 10 that are spoiled and over-reviewed due to having prominent space on the home page.

Good point though. Didn't they do a top 50 course list last year? Will that be a yearly thing? I would like to see a top 100 list.

I live 2 hours from Beaver Ranch and only play it maybe twice a year. That rarity makes the rounds special though.

What I'm most embarrassed about, though, is that I've yet to play Phantom Falls which is only minutes from Beaver Ranch :doh:

4 hours North of Horning's Hideout: Meadow Ridge. Played there 5 times (?) already I think.

I'm like an hour and half away from Charlotte, so suck on that Midwesterners!

*Remembers he's too busy and poor to drive down there that often, becomes :(*

20-30 minutes from Idlewild. I tend to play there about once a month in the Spring and Summer months. Need to get back out there and play it in the fall. Maybe tomorrow morning.

That said, I live about 10 minutes from Lincoln Ridge/Banklick, and tend to play there about 2 times a week typically. Hasn't gotten boring yet.

...iC...

No where near any of them. We're lucky to even have what we've got around here.

I don't have any course close enough to consider it a home course, I'm incredibly jealous of people that have less than half an hour to an awesome course when I drive more than a half hour for a crappy course. We'll be moving in a year or two, and one of our major criteria is proximity to at least an interesting course.

I've played Brackett's Bluff a couple of times. It was in the top 10 when it was listed on here. I have played courses I thought were better, though, but nothing else that was top ten on here while I've been on here.

I live about 45 minutes from Hawk Hollow but have yet to make it there. Must get to that this coming year.

And I don't see The Grange couses listed in your played list. Completely unforgivable. ;)

The Grange is one of the most fun places in disc golf. Hawk Hollow is simply awesome. :thmbup:

Latest posts