• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A very Bogey X-mas...

Just looked up panther creek and promptly wishlisted it. Looks wicked awesome from the pics. Only 4 hours from me, totally within a day trip range.
My Jedi mind trick worked on you... I merely mentioned the course, and you're already figuring out the logistics. ;) :p

One suggestion: Play Morristown Kiwanis as a warm-up for Harmon Hills. Not too far away, a quick fun spin, and freaky-cool landscape. That's what I did when I passed through the area.

If you play Harmon Hills, don't forget they also have a par-2 course in a patch of woods on the second nine. After hole 11 or 12, something like that.

Thanks... I will! I'll even look out for the crazies that aren't rednecks - head on a swivel.

Interesting how Panther Creek now has what appears to be a killer course. That's where I camped the night before we met up at Mo-town, but that course didn't exist at the time.

*pencils Panther Creek in for X-mas 2019*

Panther Creek just got finished this summer. I usually camp at PC a few times a year so nice to have a 4th course in the area. If you play it, make sure you eat an extra bowl of Wheaties.
Not an easy course on us more "mature" guys

If you play it, make sure you eat an extra bowl of Wheaties.
Not an easy course on us more "mature" guys
So noted! Epic courses can be a bit exilerating & draining at the same time. Iffy Hollers definitely tested my endurance. I genuinely want to get a decent breakfast in me before Harmon.

Rained most of the way to Chattanooga. Stoked to play Hobbs & Tyus :)
I hope mother nature cooperates. :\

Well, did Hobbs live up to the Hype? Did you like Tyus? Are reviews forthcoming? Did you play those highest rated Tenn courses yet?...

Hobbs: helluva course. Extremely complete and extraordinarily well executed. Most 'polished" course I've played. If country clubs offered disc golf, this is what it would be like. I'd give it a 4.75. IMHO, the golf itself lacks the wow factor for my 5.0, but can't fault anyone for rating it that highly. Nicer than Harmony Bends, but I think HB is a more interesting course.

Tyus: really good course,super easy navigation for a course the wraps all over the place. More than just solid, I'd give it a 3.5.

Almost got to play Don Shannon... cut short by a fiasco combo of: bad luck, stupidity, and deluge.

Bill Frederick & Gordon Barnett Parks are closed for Xmas Eve & Xmas...gates are locked. :(

Went to the beach.

Last edited:
And as a former Floridian, let me say that Florida drivers suck, and Mickey Mouse must have a thing for traffic lights because Orlando is full of them. I can't believe how much time you spend idling at lights here. Never really had to drive in Orlando before, most of the time I just blow right by on the turnpike.

The worse the drivers are in an area, the more stoplights there will be. Not sure if they actually put in lights after a certain number of accidents at an intersection but it seems that way. We have some silly lights here. I live right on the border between the suburbs and rural communities and some of the lights in my area just don't make sense. For instance, we have a big super grocery store right down the street. When they built it there was already a 3way light right out front. They then turned it into a 4way with multiple turn and straight lanes all four ways. They then built another side entrance 100yds further down the same state route. After a couple months there were several accidents because people don't know how to drive and/or are too impatient to wait for an opening. So now we have two major lighted intersections within 100yds of each other both going to the same place...and the traffic in that area sucks the big one now...

Worst drivers:

1. Florida
2. Ohio

Having recently spent some time in DC, I'll just say if you're driving in DC, you're making a mistake. Take the Metro and be done with it. :|

Amelia Earhart was basically a joke. Not sure that course gets much use. Started on hole 11, played through 18, including (unlisted but legitimate holes 15A and 15B, which make the long walk from 15 to 16) seem more reasonable). Holes 1-7 were either obscured by downed trees, overgrown, or MIA. Not sure if I'll play the next couple of days.

Kinda pissed yesterday was a loss...no way to play Turkey Lake or Gordon Barnett. Coco Beach was a'ight.

Next courses I'll hit for sure:
28th: Palm Bay
29th: New World
30th: Langley Pond w/SJBerry
31st: Harmon + Sugar Hollow hopefully w/Bro D
1st: Monroe + Englewood w/Teebird

Last edited:
End of the year is going to be chilly.

(is pelted with rotten fruit cakes for thinking freezing is cold)

Yea its looking pretty fun here too. 10day has high temp for new years day at 16 with morning low of 5. 0% precipitation though...

...at least you wont have to worry about the mud

Last edited:
End of the year is going to be chilly.

(is pelted with rotten fruit cakes for thinking freezing is cold)
You making excuses already?
...but I'm such a warm-hearted person.

Last edited:
Having recently spent some time in DC, I'll just say if you're driving in DC, you're making a mistake. Take the Metro and be done with it. :|

Amelia Earhart was basically a joke. Not sure that course gets much use. Started on hole 11, played through 18, including (unlisted but legitimate holes 15A and 15B, which make the long walk from 15 to 16) seem more reasonable). Holes 1-7 were either obscured by downed trees, overgrown, or MIA. Not sure if I'll play the next couple of days.

Kinda pissed yesterday was a loss...no way to play Turkey Lake or Gordon Barnett. Coco Beach was a'ight.

Next courses I'll hit for sure:
28th: Palm Bay
29th: New World
30th: Langley Pond w/SJBerry
31st: Harmon + Sugar Hollow hopefully w/Bro D
1st: Monroe + Englewood w/Teebird

Amelia Erhart (and Orangebrook) are the only courses (listed) that I haven't played down there. They are on the slate for March. Sad to hear that at least one of them will be a disappointment. Looks like you have played the better courses down there, but the two courses up by West Palm are pretty nice. Sucks you couldn't play any of the better Orlando courses, but there are a couple of decent nine holers you probably could have played. Still shaping up to be a pretty epic trip.

Amelia Erhart (and Orangebrook) are the only courses (listed) that I haven't played down there. They are on the slate for March. Sad to hear that at least one of them will be a disappointment. Looks like you have played the better courses down there, but the two courses up by West Palm are pretty nice. Sucks you couldn't play any of the better Orlando courses, but there are a couple of decent nine holers you probably could have played. Still shaping up to be a pretty epic trip.
I'd say Okeeheelee and Commons are the best I've played in So Fla, and just a bit better than the Broward County courses. Jet Stream has potential to be great, but it was rather overgrown when I played it.

Switching gears, can't believe the ethnic diversity my home town of North Miami Beach has developed. At 85, Mamma Bogey's doin alright. She moves slow, but she's still moving, still sane, and relatively healthy. Been living in the same house since it was built in the early 50's. Everyone that lived here when I grew up either moved away or died, and despite most of the houses around here having turned over several times, she can pretty much tell you about every family in the neighborhood.

Latest posts