• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace signage idea

Barry Sanders said that about spiking after touchdowns... he'd just hand the ball to the ref. Aces (TD's) are part of the game... vandalizing, signing baskets and tee signs, is disrespectful to the game.

Barry Sanders said that about spiking after touchdowns... he'd just hand the ball to the ref. Aces (TD's) are part of the game... vandalizing, signing baskets and tee signs, is disrespectful to the game.

He also had enough respect for Jim Brown that he retired before breaking his rushing record (doing it running for Detroit of all teams). The man is the best running back in the history of the game and didn't have to prove it to anybody. That takes character.

I was looking forward to signing the tee sign after my first ace, then I played the local weekly doubles and realized how many aces are hit weekly (daily, really). My only ace disc is now hanging on my wall with the signatures of everybody at the tee, and the hole (12 at Idlewild) is - thankfully - Sharpie-free.

I do hate it when football players act all crazy when they score a touchdown or sack the quarterback. Act like this isn't the 1st time it has ever happened. Think of other sports and would they do this? Do sports players sign the goal posts, home plate, ect.

Just get your disc(Baseball, football, any other ball) signed and keep it for the memories, but no one really cares to see it on tee signs/baskets.

I do hate it when football players act all crazy when they score a touchdown or sack the quarterback. Act like this isn't the 1st time it has ever happened. Think of other sports and would they do this? Do sports players sign the goal posts, home plate, ect.

Just get your disc(Baseball, football, any other ball) signed and keep it for the memories, but no one really cares to see it on tee signs/baskets.

or when prima dona receivers catch a first down pass and do a celebration... :mad:

Whenever I get an ace, I just sign my disc I made the ace with. Ya know, act like ya done it before even if you havent. I only have 3 aces, but never thought about "vandalizing" a basket cause I know money dont grow on trees and it looks trashy.

I've seen a few courses that have a board on the tee sign post for people to mark their aces on. This at least keeps it contained to one spot, it seemed like people respected that and didn't mark up the sign or basket. I still think it should stay on your own disc, I don't care about random people's aces, and don't need to leave behind something about my own.

well ya know, my original home course had a ton of "ace graffiti" on it and i always thought that i couldnt wait for the day that i got to sign a basket...well looking back i am SO GLAD that i didnt hit an ace when i first started...by the time i did hit my first ace i had gained a lot more respect for the game, courses, players etc...and signing anything on at the course such as a sign/basket just seemed disrespectfull....me personally i sign my discs....and i feel that a signed disc is way more bragging rights than a signed basket....bc everytime you bring that disc out people are gonna see it and ask you about it

My sentiments exactly. I always looked forward to it, but I never hit my ace until after I gained a respect and maturity I didn't have at the time.

For any new DGCR members that want to read the debate on the issue of marking your aces, check out this thread that was buried about 20 pages deep. The general consensus is no, you do not under any circumstances (unless the basket is your property--and being the sponsor of a hole on a public course does not count!) deface or vandalize the basket. People walking by and seeing your name and date on the basket really aren't going to give two sh*ts about some guy/gal they don't know that may or may not have rocked the chains on a particular hole.

He also had enough respect for Jim Brown that he retired before breaking his rushing record (doing it running for Detroit of all teams). The man is the best running back in the history of the game and didn't have to prove it to anybody. That takes character.

Walter Payton was holding the record at the time, but it's the same principle. :D

Imagine if Emmit Smith and Barry Sanders had traded places. Smith would be a footnote, and Sanders would have destroyed the record by at least 5,000 yards, not to mention the single season record.

Emmit Smith is a turd sucking ass monkey. The fact that he holds Payton's record is a joke. At least if Barry broke it I could respect it. Emmit? Please, you had to go to the freaking Cardnals because no one wanted you because you were a BUM when you broke the record. :mad:

BTW, go Bears! :D

Emmit Smith is a turd sucking ass monkey. The fact that he holds Payton's record is a joke. At least if Barry broke it I could respect it. Emmit? Please, you had to go to the freaking Cardnals because no one wanted you because you were a BUM when you broke the record. :mad:

BTW, go Bears! :D
ive never been cowboys fan and i dont even watch football anymore but how could holding a record like that be a joke , are you saying he cheated somehow or dosnt deserve it for some retarded reason. And yeah i like barry too but is he as good all around as Emmit, NO . And is Emmit better than Walter , well the records and rings seem to say so.

Walter Payton was holding the record at the time, but it's the same principle. :D

Imagine if Emmit Smith and Barry Sanders had traded places. Smith would be a footnote, and Sanders would have destroyed the record by at least 5,000 yards, not to mention the single season record.
if emmit retired the same day as barry who would have had more super bowl rings and which one would you think would have gone to the hall a fame.

sure if barry kept playing and emmit quit hed maybe broke some records if he didnt get injured but would he have won any super bowls? and how would emmit have only been a footnote he still would have been considered a better runningback. Sure vick and Cunningham were great running QBS you can win alot of Madden games with by themselves just like barry, were they better runners than Young, sure but whos a better QB.

One of the courses near me, Lost Indian Spring (Arkabutla Lake in North MS) has placed signs on the back of the number plate for you to record ace info (name, date, witnesses, etc.) -- from the course photo gallery: Basket Ace Info Photo. After a while, the info will be transferred to the main course info board and a new sheet left on the number plate.

I like this idea -- you have the choice whether or not to leave your info for others to notice, but it you do, you are not vandalizing or defacing in any way.

I'm against anything on the basket for sure. I would like some area to sign though because for me if I see someone has aced it then it makes me mentally stronger on that hole because "If they could do it, I can do it." It gets rid of the negative mindset on harder holes of, this is impossible to even make a run at

And is Emmit better than Walter , well the records and rings seem to say so.

:eek: You sir must never have seen Sweetness play. Emmit broke his record as a part time running back on a crappy team because he was washed up at that point and no one else wanted him.

this has been a total thread jack, but the top 3 RB I've ever SEEN (I never saw Jim Brown, Gale Sayers, Earl Cambell, etc)

1. Sweetness
2. Barry Sanders
3. Adrian Peterson

Yeah, I just went there.:)

Free artists wall

I believe if there is a sign there just for Aces there will be ton's of signatures on there by people that didn't hit an ace. just a thought
Signatures, pictures, stickers, etc. That board would be covered with crap in no time.

Latest posts