• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Aces 2010

JR said:
This made me think of how many kinds of aces you guys have?

I only have 5 since I started playing in 2007, they have all been on RHBH throws. All hyzers, but the one at Rand Park it was a Roc anny.

Aviar - Hole 1 @ Gillies Creek Park in Richmond, VA
11x Teebird - Hole 4 @ The Grange - Darkside, Spottsylvania, VA (Hit in my first tourney at VA Open 2008)
KC Roc - Hole 12 @ Rand Park, Keokuk, IA (first throw of 2 day tourney!)
1st Run DX Teebird - Hole 7 @ Sugar Bottom, Coralville, IA (B position)
KC Roc - Temp hole at Peninsula Park, Iowa City, IA (290' hyzer from access road to 17 B)

Did have a cool fairway throw-in with a thumber at Warrior's Path last fall from about 200' out.

Jeronimo said:
Timko said:
JR said:
Timko said:
I really want a skip ace.

This made me think of how many kinds of aces you guys have?

I have 13.

1 at Northshore in Fayetteville, Arkansas (on a hole that doesn't exist)
3 on hole 1 at Turkey Creek, Iowa City
3 on hole 6 at Turkey Creek, Iowa City
1 on hole 9 at Turkey Creek, Iowa City
1 at some hole at JB Hunt Park in Springdale, Arkansas
1 on hole 5 at Rosedale in Kansas City, Kansas
1 on hole 11 at Rosedale Down Under in Kansas City, Kansas
2 on hole 9 at Rosedale Down Under in Kansas City, Kansas (both pins)

I have one somewhere else, but it's escaping me where it was. Maybe I've only got 12.

This year?!?!?

Lord no. I got my first in the Spring of 2005. The only one I've hit this year was one of the #9's on the Down Under course.

However, I did almost ace #8 down there last weekend for a tournament ace pot. It hit hit the inside of the basket right and bounced out.

Oh, I finally remembered where my other one was.. Hole #11 at Rosedale Down Under.

Hit my third ace of 2010 (#9 overall) during a two day, four course tournament. I hit it on Hole #3 at Westchester Lagoon DGC in Anchorage. This is an easy hole on a relatively easy course that sees a good number of 1s but I didn't have one on it myself until March of this year when I hit it at leagues. It's the second time that consecutive aces of mine have been on the same hole. I hyzered a SSS Wizard, the twin of the one I used in March. :D

still skunked for 2010 :| 5 last year......none so far this year, prolly hit 10 baskets too

Hit a basket a couple of days ago (15 at Rosedale Down Under), and hit the basket on #8 on the same course a couple of weeks ago. That beaten up blue Wizard is getting very, very close to going in soon :).

Works for me. '10 Baton Rouge Summer Sizzler, Second round, last hole,
Bang. First tourney ace. Got to run the ace pot throw off.
This old man's self-imposed penance for not getting in the ace pot.

steve timm

an ace is just a bad park job

Not all aces. :) The ones that settle in gently feel amazing, as do the doubles aces with your partner parked.

Speaking of... this past Thursday picked up my 28th ace, with the ace pot sitting at $76 at Parmalee Park, hole 9. I was feeling gregarious and offered $20 to my partner for parking it first and allowing me to make the line drive run on the 150' hole. Naturally, my good will was not rewarded when he hit an ace, turning it into a split, 5 holes later. And then another guy on another card hit one as well on the 12th hole, making it a $25/$25/$26 split.

Which brings my total cashout for 28 aces to $116. Screw every single one of you that has hit a big ace pot as one of your aces. LOL.

Finally got one this year!

Crystal Lake Park, Beaver Dam, WI. Hole 13 - pro tee w/ a champ rhyno! Even got the ace pool for the league, only $75 but it's been hit three other times this year already and once for $115.

pd

#17 short, Arboretum, 365' hyzer flip with a Stalker, hit chains and the bottom of the basket then popped out =/

Hit my first ace few weeks ago at Herman C. Micheal Park. #16 hole about 250ft soft anhyzer. Only been playing this sport 4-5 months. Ready for more.

pointdisc said:
Mike C said:
#17 short, Arboretum, 365' hyzer flip with a Stalker, hit chains and the bottom of the basket then popped out =/

So, is that 3/4s of an ace then?

pd

Hahah, it was enough for me to sign my disc, but I didn't jump around and shout or anything :lol:

Was playing my local league round last night and the last guy on my card has just thrown his shot on a nice clean, reasonably short, 200' hole and we watched with bated breath as the disc stalled out about 10' above the pin and started to drop down towards the chains. The disc came so close we could see the shadow of the disc across the chains and then the basket as it BARELY missed it all. Then while everyone had their backs turned to pick up their bags I threw a second shot and it silently went right in. No noise, no witness, and it was a 2nd shot so it didn't count. I stood there for a second in disbelief, shook my head, picked up my bag and walked up to my original lie with everyone else who completely missed it. C'est la vie...

ManU said:
I got my first ace ever a few weeks back (I have to say it was a bit anti-climactic)
any way practice round Hole 3 at Park 96 in Calgary
forehand hyzer with a Ringer

I got this one tonight on my first throw of our second round of dubs. Nice anny around the tree with my ion straight into the chains. :mrgreen: First one of the year, no ace pot but collected 30 from the witnesses.

I hit my tenth career ace on the 12th - hole #16 at Peters Creek DGC in Birchwood, Alaska. 220' floaty hyzer into the chains with a Soft Wizard. It was my fourth of the year, my second of this month, and my fifth with a Wizard. :mrgreen:

Scored my first ever ace, with my trusty pro d challenger! Was a 240' hole with hyzer route. What a great feeling it was =)

Latest posts