• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Aces 2010

if the # on the pin was correct it was 11 I'm sure. Straight shot but with some trees . Pretty tight lane. Anyway, I loved the course. Very fun. We didn't play the 1-9 holes but we played 10-28 I believe? I like it though. I'll be going out there again soon. Mcclain was pretty fun too but starting on that ourse in the morning without warming up and shooting blind can be pretty rough lol

fuck tell me next time you come down here.

and back on topic of almost ace's, I smacked two baskets at pease yesterday but nothing went in. #17 and #18, I was really dialed in by the end of the round.

zj1002 said:
fuck tell me next time you come down here.

and back on topic of almost ace's, I smacked two baskets at pease yesterday but nothing went in. #17 and #18, I was really dialed in by the end of the round.
:| i had consecutive basket hits on 17 and 18 at a local course the other day too, 17 skipped up and chained out on a ~330 uphill with my Hurricane and on 18 about a 250" hyzer skipped up and hit facemask with my new GL XXX.......still havnt stuck one this year :(

If we're talking close calls, I was playing cali in a doubles thing sunday and hit pole once, basket 2 or 3 times (too much beer, can't remember), and dead center chains one time. Naturally it came out off the pole. Can't even remember the last time one stayed in. Witnessed a ton of other people's aces this summer though. :roll:

Well, I would say it really shouldn't count, but an ace is an ace. Hole #9 (the bridge hole) at Shorewoord Park in Shorewood IL. 167 feet straight on, seasoned DX Roc.

ld-k9xaPF-00yzymtmz2twuQlZ1VqC3Id8K-NPMbITQ4tbjoLfLK-c5Ir7NFEKaHeohkrPp8RFPpqaADC76DSvO2tQ=s512

I hit my second tourney ace of the month yesterday on Hole #13 from the blue tees at the Moose Pretzel Disc Golf Course in Homer, Alaska during the Tall Grass Open. 11x Champ Firebird on a spike flick 220' cashed me the $39 ace pot. It was my third ace of the month, my fifth of 2010, and #11 overall. :D

Got my third ace today. Hole #7 at ACU's Wildcat Course in Abilene, Tx. 220' with a pretty good drop and not much in the way of obstrucions. Second time hitting this one; I got it with a 175 Medium Ion this time. I called it before it was even halfway there.

I've been teaching a guy for the last year, and this was his first time to see an ace.

3rd Ace out of the way at Badlands. #11 in the short position with my Eric Miller signature Champ Teebird. ;)

I hit my 14th ace yesterday on #6 at Rosedale. The basket was on the short pin, which is a 250' left to right (go figure, a left hole at Rosedale :)). Beat up dx Roc into a 20 mph headwind. I thought I burnt it into the ground, but the wind picked it up and pushed it hard right.

wilos1 said:
Well, I would say it really shouldn't count, but an ace is an ace. Hole #9 (the bridge hole) at Shorewoord Park in Shorewood IL. 167 feet straight on, seasoned DX Roc.

ld-k9xaPF-00yzymtmz2twuQlZ1VqC3Id8K-NPMbITQ4tbjoLfLK-c5Ir7NFEKaHeohkrPp8RFPpqaADC76DSvO2tQ=s512
i had a buddy slide the bridge then ramp off and smack that basket....had it go in it would of been awesome.

i got an ace on hole 7 there last year.

blanked for this year :(

got my first tourney ace this weekend @ moody's dgc in red rock tx. I don't know the distance but I wanna say it was 280+ .Threw my fuse on an anny shot around some pine trees and it just floated in. $525!! Best way to end the weekend. Especially since the hole before that had me covered in prickly stickers from waist to foot. Horrible shit bit the ace quickly had me forget about it.

booter said:
got my first tourney ace this weekend @ moody's dgc in red rock tx. I don't know the distance but I wanna say it was 280+ .Threw my fuse on an anny shot around some pine trees and it just floated in. $525!! Best way to end the weekend. Especially since the hole before that had me covered in prickly stickers from waist to foot. Horrible shit bit the ace quickly had me forget about it.
nice man gratz.

go spend that money!!!

JR said:
I'm not sure if a blind 300' 50' downhill hole Rhyno spike hyzered in the bucket was legit or if the players down there were jesting. Nobody heard it go in at the tee. I've chained that hole before but it didn't stick.
Are you referring to hole #5 at Meilahti? Just got my first ace yesterday with a SS Magic on that hole :) Been playing since last year so I guess I was due one. Probably my favourite hole at Meilahti as well.

Kyllä ja tervetuloa parhaaseen fribasaittiin maailmassa.

It's a very punishing place for discs especially with spike shots. Structurally robust discs like Gator, Rhyno and Pig are my recommendations and even then only in premium plastics. Even the X link rubber in my VP couldn't take it. It got a scratch. Meikku is my home course.

Hit #6 of 2010 and #12 overall on Hole #9 at Service High School in Anchorage, AK on 10/7. 200ish' uphill flick with my 11x Firebird. I kinda figured I'd get this one some day. :)

Latest posts