• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Adidas sponsors Paul McBeth

Man, talk about a useful sponsorship. Adidas makes lots of noteworthy disc shoes. The Superstars are my go-to, but I also know a lot of people who rock Sambas. Needless to say, I will feel quite vindicated if the Champ starts rocking my shoe of choice hahahaha.

Man, talk about a useful sponsorship. Adidas makes lots of noteworthy disc shoes. The Superstars are my go-to, but I also know a lot of people who rock Sambas. Needless to say, I will feel quite vindicated if the Champ starts rocking my shoe of choice hahahaha.

Sambas are my go-to and in wet and mud I go for Copa-mundial turf shoe. I actually see a lot of Adidas turf cleats out there.
I'll have to look into the trail runners.

Remember if you buy Adidas tell them it's because of McBeth

This is great, I'm happy for Paul and the game. He is the guy that an make this sort of sponsorship really work.

I'm going to write them a letter on congratulations.

This is awesome. I have been using Adidas Ss2000g shoes for all of the years I have been playing disc golf. The same pair. For three years. Last year I finally split out the sides and am planning on getting a new pair for this season. The shell toe is great for a toe dragging Neanderthal like myself.

I'm very hard on shoes...being a big guy that's active does that to them. Nikes tremble at the browsing, and Reeboks...well who the hell wears Reeboks that's under 60 these days. Adidas hold up longer than any other typical tennis show I can find. Saloman shoes worked awesome as well, but as far as off the shelf shoes, Adidas has been my saving grace.

took me four years and many pairs of shoes to find some that don't fall apart after a few rounds. i've been wearing Adidas Sambas exclusively for about a year and a half. their solid sole doesn't rip apart.

So what's the over/under that Paul and Grip parting ways was to make room for him to pick up an all new Adidas disc golf bag, soon to be released? :p:p:p

Congratulations, Paul, on your new sponsorship! You really are a great ambassador for our game, and I hope this deal works out well for you.

So what's the over/under that Paul and Grip parting ways was to make room for him to pick up an all new Adidas disc golf bag, soon to be released? :p:p:p

I'd put those odds extremely unlikely in the near future. The most they'll do is put a new skin over an existing model. If you want there to be more support McBeth thru Adidas.
He also doesn't seem like the type to throw someone (grip) who has been there to support him in his growth.

Ok, so I read the entire thread. Does anyone know for sure which shoes he was referring to in his post? Sambas are my everyday wear shoe, but I shred them on the teepads, so I quit using them for DG. Bought a pair of Keen DLVs, but they are starting to go now too. If the champ says what he has is durable, and he plays WAY more than me, I'll definitely take a look at them. Dangit, I'm already buying into their corporate marketing ploy! lol

Adidas in general tend to run very narrow in my experience, with a pointed instead of a square toe box, for what that's worth.

Don't want to threadjack on the subject of Adidas shoes, but...
Adidas fits me better than other brands, but in my experience they are very hard to find in larger sizes, especially walking or hiking variants.

Latest posts