• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

All of your bag tags woes solved

We have a statewide bag tag challenge, and only officially do an all-in type of format. Usually around 45/60 tags played per tournament. We do an average of tag holders tourney round ratings, and just recently I've created a spreadsheet similar to yours. It significantly cuts down on the time it takes to figure out tags.

KC I see your point but to address Tak's point (we are in the same club), Tags are a side game. I have never seen tags be a part of the awards ceremony. we are very regional here so when we travel locally we travel strong. Not 30 strong but we have 10 to 15 people with tags at local events. Someone always steps up and runs the tags for the last round. it sorts it self out while we wait for the awards to start.

breeds competition!

Usually the tags are a fundraiser for the club/course.
This^^
Our club makes money off bag tags. This money goes back into the club for future use!
Bag tags can be made up for almost any cause. Besides our regular 'club' bag tag we have these cool 'save the trees' bag tags. These tags were made up by a guy who wanted to be able to purchase & plant new trees out at the course. The sale of STT bag tags funded this project!

Side note: All in (tag dump) def take more time to figure out but gets you more lower tag numbers than you get in a small group.

Having a bag tag breeds competition. You have a lower bag tag number than me? I want to beat you & take your tag! :thmbup:

At the end of the year we bring all the bag tag holders together & have a big match-play style bag tag tourney to see who ends up with the #1 tag!

KC I see your point but to address Tak's point (we are in the same club), Tags are a side game. I have never seen tags be a part of the awards ceremony. we are very regional here so when we travel locally we travel strong. Not 30 strong but we have 10 to 15 people with tags at local events. Someone always steps up and runs the tags for the last round. it sorts it self out while we wait for the awards to start.

I haven't seen it as part of the awards ceremony, but I've been to tournaments where some tag holders were playing all-in, and had to wait until the results were posted at the awards ceremony to know how to re-assign the tags. (At events where final scores aren't presented until the awards ceremony).

I've also seem them use only the final round, which is easier for the players to come to the tag-distributor with their score.

The whole process is pretty straight forward for all-in tournaments. We more or less require you to put your tag in at the tournament. There is an opener event and a closing event where you win trophies and some sort of fancy tag holder.

Collect the tags before the round or after the first round if you missed one or two. Most people outside of the top 10 will come find me to give me their tag...

Enjoy the tournament, play to win, sabotage other players discs in your division and party hard Saturday night. (fake drinking but make sure the other players in your division always have a drink in their hand.)

On the final day wait until most of the scores are turned in, help where you can. Then just copy the scores from the board/computer onto the spreadsheet and boom, instant tags.

Finally, my favorite part, walk around congratulate everyone on their playing while handing out their tags and make fun off all of your friends that had blow ups or didn't do as good as you.

I just don't understand bag tags. Not knocking it, it seems like a trading card game for disc golfers and I got into all that craze as a kid. It just seems like a hassle the way you described it.

I have never understood it either but I have no problem with having a top tag or #99. I was told that currently many of the low tag owners in my local club are rec players because many of the experienced players and long time club members are not really participating much anymore. I cannot validate because I have not played doubles with my local club in 5 years but have played doubles with many other clubs instead due to work. I also think it is a another way to distance dg from traditional golf possibly.

Latest posts