• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

I looked yesterday and didnt see his name, but maybe I just didnt look hard enough.

I looked yesterday and didnt see his name, but maybe I just didnt look hard enough.

Well it's not easy to find a name on there the way they're listed. Like David said, it would be easier if names were alphabetical -- and highlighting registered players in green would be cool and could possibly help their cause (along with a running total of registered players). Hopefully they are open to some of the constructive "suggestions" in this thread.

Not saying the complaint isnt valid, but the alphabetical thing is just as, if not more, trivial than the t shirt thing.

There are plenty of big things to complain about,none of which they are in a hurry to fix. Now its more of a "wait and see" holding pattern...unless they release some new update soon (doubtful)

Not saying the complaint isnt valid, but the alphabetical thing is just as, if not more, trivial than the t shirt thing.

I did say exactly that, when I brought up the non-alphabetized list.

More trivial? Not sure. Were I doing this, I'd be more concerned about making the website as functional and informative as is reasonably possible, than I would a hastily-printed shirt to wear immediately after announcing the event. The website will be seen by far more people, and the list of invited players is something they're promoting.

Still trivial, of course.

And deeply into the realm of, "If I ran the Circus..."

So this is the Salient collector page, then? because I have some tester plastic I'm looking to unload for top dollar.

This "tour" looks more like a Kickstarter campaign than an event that will actually take place. A buddy and I were discussing this last night and we are now convinced of two things:

1) Salient is most likely owned and operated by Donald Trump.
2) The company is simply a money laundering front for at least one South American cartel, and probably the Triad as well.

PDGA Executive Director Brian Graham throws down the gauntlet on the ADGT in this interview with All Things Disc Golf (who have an easily confused acronym now):

Graham: "The ADGT is a newly announced private for-profit business, while the PDGA is a not-for-profit membership association owned and governed by its 30,000 active members. PDGA members have invested 40 years of hard work into their association and the development of our sport to get it to the unprecedented levels of success that we enjoy today. As our sport becomes more and more popular, it is expected that others will want to try to cash in on our success. That being said, the PDGA wishes luck to any organizations or individuals attempting to promote the sport of disc golf."

The other main item from the ADGT is the addition of an ESPN broadcast. Let's first ask, has the PDGA previously held discussions with ESPN with the goal of having a disc golf event broadcast on the ESPN networks?

Graham: "Despite claims of exclusivity out there, the reality is that ESPN will sell television time to nearly any organization or sport out there with a big enough check book. I believe the ADGT broadcast is planned to be another live streaming effort on ESPN 3, which is their branded live streaming portal."

Did the people behind the ADGT, or any other the other tours, previously approach the PDGA in hopes of a partnership?

Graham: "The PDGA had in depth discussions with both Jussi Meresmaa (DGWT) and Steven Dodge (DGPT) regarding their respective tours and we fully support their efforts to help move our sport forward."

In the ADGT announcement, they state part of the reason for why they were able to secure an ESPN broadcast instead of the PDGA is due to the speed at which the PDGA operates. Do you feel the PDGA operates too slowly to move relationships like this forward?

Graham: "The PDGA could very easily live stream our events on ESPN3 but the costs involved do not guarantee you any larger of an audience then we are already getting using other more cost effective live streaming portals. With ESPN3, you are paying for the name."

:popcorn:

Graham: "The PDGA could very easily live stream our events on ESPN3 but the costs involved do not guarantee you any larger of an audience then we are already getting using other more cost effective live streaming portals. With ESPN3, you are paying for the name."

Yup this ^. Actually I like connecting to YouTube on my TV and am used to it. Even if ESPN3 stream is easy to connect to, there's no real reason to do it. It's just a more expensive live stream.

All Things Disc Golf: what do you think about ADGT?

PDGA: [with supremely adept diplomacy] F those clowns.

In my experience the quality can be similar to YT also.

Its not some game changing platform in 2015 unfortunately. We might get more views via whatever that crazy live gaming stream site is. I didnt realize how many people watch that **** world wide! More our market too really lol.

When is Steve Boucher going to be on Final Round Radio? That is shaping up to be 'can't miss TV'.

I have to admit that like Steve. I haven't spoken to him in years but he's a considerate, no-nonsense guy. The Ice Bowl at Fox Chase is always well attended and working with or playing a round with him in the past has been issue-free, and even enjoyable. His taste in Mexican food isn't the best but you don't get a lot of good choices in the Carolinas.

I know he'll work incredibly hard on this event, because he truly loves the sport and that's just how he is - if you are going to do something do it the best you can. I just wonder if he has a miracle up his sleeve to pull the ADGTour together. It doesn't have to impress DGCR to be a success, but man this sure looks like it's careening out of control.

BTW, Brian Graham sure has some diplomatic skills doesn't he? He's ready for the NFL Commish job.

Well to be fair, the only thing harder than pronouncing Dana's last name is spelling it.

i laughed when i read this, i co td'd a tourney earlier this year the he won and when the TD announced his name i thought to myself, no way i would have every pronounced it that way.

In my experience the quality can be similar to YT also.

Its not some game changing platform in 2015 unfortunately. We might get more views via whatever that crazy live gaming stream site is. I didnt realize how many people watch that **** world wide! More our market too really lol.
Twitch.tv is the site we should be streaming on... I do think disc golf could find a home there as they have always been pretty accepting of 'non-traditional' endeavors. Its one of the biggest bandwidth sites on the entire internet and has a HUGE community of people who might not otherwise watch disc golf.

Quality is completely dependent on the bitrate being uploaded to the streaming site. No single one has a 'quality' advantage over the others. They all basically leverage the same h.264 libraries.

To be honest that response from the PDGA is exactly what needed to be said. I wish more people in leadership would take this kind of approach. I for one can't wait to see what actually happens here. Dare I say this could be the straw that breaks the camel's back?

Imagine the fun explaining it to a class full of kids when you're subbing. I've learned to have fun with it by now though.
"So it is either Mr V or Mr Vicic, as long as it is with a V, we're cool"