• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

Camera guys film all sorts of stuff and for different networks. Sure some guys may specialize in a certain sport, but they pick up contracts all over the place. A lot of the guys who I met doing cycling were also doing Indycar and football that year.

The trick is, in sports you need to anticipate what may happen next, to choose your camera location and what to concentrate on. Perhaps they'll be out there in the days before, videoing or at least watching the action to bring themselves up to speed. I believe I would.

So the plan was to hold 2 events this year on the tour, and expand next year. So is the Texas event part of the tour, or a qualifier?

So is the event in one week still the first of the two events. I'm feeling like this event was chosen so that it won't be noticed, and then after the May event talk about their 2 event year. If the event on Feb 20th is the first event on the tour, I suppose we should have the final rules update any day now. Is there even a signup for the event next week? You would think that there would be SOME buzz about the first event, even though all the money and focus is on the May event.

So the plan was to hold 2 events this year on the tour, and expand next year. So is the Texas event part of the tour, or a qualifier?

So is the event in one week still the first of the two events. I'm feeling like this event was chosen so that it won't be noticed, and then after the May event talk about their 2 event year. If the event on Feb 20th is the first event on the tour, I suppose we should have the final rules update any day now. Is there even a signup for the event next week? You would think that there would be SOME buzz about the first event, even though all the money and focus is on the May event.

Neither the GA or TX events are part of the "tour", they are just adgt sanctioned events.

Here you go...

https://salient-discs.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Salient-Series-Flyer-_3.pdf

Last edited:
Neither the GA or TX events are part of the "tour", they are just adgt sanctioned events.

Here you go...

https://salient-discs.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Salient-Series-Flyer-_3.pdf

I guess I shouldn't assume the website is up to date, although the PK#3 and Cobblestone are the two things listed under the "tour" tab, since the new site was live.

Makes sense though because there has been zero word on the PK event.

If no other events get picked for the tour, I can see this event as being misremembered as the first of two successful tour events.

Just an FYI, the main camera man for DGPtv is a professional cameraman who works golf tournaments.

That is incorrect, Roddy does sound for CBS, like the guy that holds the microphone next to the golfer while he swings, or puts mics in the woods for bird sounds.

I guess I shouldn't assume the website is up to date, although the PK#3 and Cobblestone are the two things listed under the "tour" tab, since the new site was live.

If no other events get picked for the tour, I can see this event as being misremembered as the first of two successful tour events.

Click on the Tour tab, it shows...

Attachments

• 059EB3EC-7BF7-47B9-AFE8-93959EF341E6.JPG
    059EB3EC-7BF7-47B9-AFE8-93959EF341E6.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 58

The people in augusta dont even know anything about the event, including the guy that runs PK. I live 2 blocks away from the park i may have to go check it out....

Events Tab Shows...

I don't think anyone here is going to accuse them of having a well organized website -- it's confusing at the least. And things keep changing so frequently nothing seems to be set in stone. Part of the reason this thread stays so active. At least they're monitoring this thread and actually implementing some of the ideas suggested. Hopefully they'll be able to pull off another suggestion that would make the event a lot more entertaining for streaming viewers. ;)

Odd that they haven't mentioned the Texas Open, anywhere that I can see. You'd think they'd be making a big deal of it. Meanwhile, the only mention of the PK tournament is on the Salient event page, a page that is fairly hidden on the Salient website, and still shows flyers for 2 events that have already happened, or failed to happen.

I believe they said somewhere that they'll be waiting for the ESPN results of the American Open to schedule the second pro tour event. Though the American Open is no longer strictly a pro event.

The people in augusta dont even know anything about the event, including the guy that runs PK. I live 2 blocks away from the park i may have to go check it out....

I've been meaning to ask some of you guys about that. I'm on an Augusta facebook page, and there's not a mention anywhere.

I've been thinking about showing up on the scheduled date just to see If anything was happening. Bizzare that there has been zero word about it amongst those in the know

I just realized that the standards for a mini and a disc overlap. Tech standards indicate minimum disc diameter at 14 cm (or 14.5 cm depending on where you look) and maximum mini diameter at 15 cm. If I get a 15 cm disc approved could I also use it as a mini? And how the heck do I get it to stay in the basket, or what happens if it falls through the basket?

Lastly, while I'm nitpicking and reading through the tech standards, what does this line mean: "Leading edge must be 1/16″ or 1.6cm or thicker"?

It means no pointy edges ◀■■■▶ that could kill somebody.

Ok, which is it, 1/16" or 1.6 cm - why include those two measurements when most everything else is in metric (why not make every measurement in metric, at least in the technical standards). And 1.6 cm for the leading edge?? What? without whipping out my handy tape measure or looking up the measurement, I'd guess that's about what my wizard is - so the wizard is as sharp as it can get? Interesting.

Ok, which is it, 1/16" or 1.6 cm - why include those two measurements when most everything else is in metric (why not make every measurement in metric, at least in the technical standards). And 1.6 cm for the leading edge?? What? without whipping out my handy tape measure or looking up the measurement, I'd guess that's about what my wizard is - so the wizard is as sharp as it can get? Interesting.

it should read 1.6mm (i would guess) - 1/16" is about 1.59mm

Matches the PDGA standards...

(12) pass the leading edge radius test with a 1/16" (1.6 mm) radius gauge;

I just realized that the standards for a mini and a disc overlap. Tech standards indicate minimum disc diameter at 14 cm (or 14.5 cm depending on where you look) and maximum mini diameter at 15 cm. If I get a 15 cm disc approved could I also use it as a mini? And how the heck do I get it to stay in the basket, or what happens if it falls through the basket?

Lastly, while I'm nitpicking and reading through the tech standards, what does this line mean: "Leading edge must be 1/16″ or 1.6cm or thicker"?

also comes from the PDGA on the mini - PDGA says 7-15 cm outer diameter, and discs can be 21.0-30.0 cm diameter

it's funny but the idea is that this is not supposed to be "PDGA rules unless we make a change" but there's really only one set of rules to reference.

it should read 1.6mm (i would guess) - 1/16" is about 1.59mm

I just caught that - I had a brief panic moment where I thought "oh ****, did it actually read mm and I made it say cm for some reason, boy would I look stupid then.." lol, nope, actually reads cm, almost exactly what pdga standards read on a lot of points...