• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

And the Winner is...

skinner21

* Ace Member *
Pumpkin Head by philman!

Congratulations!

2nd Place
Flying Spider by Moon

3rd Place
Unicorn by Pduclo

This was so increadibly close it's not even funny. Here are the finals results:
(total points and average score)

Code:
Pumkinhead		54.3	9.1
Flying Spider		49.6	8.3
Unicorn		             49.5	8.3
Rip the Ripper		49.4	8.2
Teenage Outcast		48.9	8.2
Zombie Pinup		47.7	8.0
St. Okthrowerberfest Girl	46.5	7.8
All Hallow's Eve		45.2	7.5
DGCR Headless Horseman	45	7.5
Carrie		            43.6	7.3
The Three Spookies	37.4	6.2

If the winners could please PM me their emails, I will get the prizes out ASAP. But that means about 6 or 7 tonight because I will be away from my computer all day. Also, Philman please include your address and I will mail your disc out tomorrow.

Thank you to everyone for making this year a resounding success. From the judges, to the secret prize donor, to the submissions, to the voters, everything has been AWESOME!

And to all of the dyers that did not win, a very special thanks because it wasn't because we had a great winning dye that this was so successful, it was because we had 22 dyes! Well done everyone! :clap:

Cool I voted for first and second place, I guess that means I have good taste! There were so many good choices.

Next year I am going to pay philman 25 bucks to make me a disc and then enter and double my money. ;)

what were the prizes again?

Good job guys!

Next year I'm not gonna spend as much time on this one. I think I out-thought myself, tried to do a really DISC based idea that would score well for being unique and original, and then went overboard thinking handpainting would score some points. Simplify ftw!
Of course, I say that now....this time next year I'll probably log in another ridiculous amount of time into it anyway!

Philman -- go treat yourself to a Skyline 5-way and some coneys! That would make us both feel better :D Congrats on a great win!

Yes! Congratulation Philman .Wish I could shake your hand. Pumpkin head is the best dye I've ever seen. You completely earned it. Hopefully next year I can be more competition to you. Now its time for me to do a second place victory round at Red Oak in Burnsville MN. Peace

Philman -- go treat yourself to a Skyline 5-way and some coneys! That would make us both feel better :D Congrats on a great win!

Haha thanks man. I literally live a block away from Skyline and I only eat it when I have family in town. I just wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone for taking part in this. There was some stiff competition and I feel like everyone brought their A game. Some of the dyes that stood out to me were Zombie Pinup,Teenage Outcast, Okthrowberfest girl, Flying Bats and the DGCR headless horsman. Big thanks to all the voters and the judges. I also want to send a big Thank You to the secret prize donator for his/her generosity. Thanks to Skinner for putting this on and donating collaborating with AP on the prize disc. I can't wait to see this hanging in my trophy room. Unfortunately Pumpkin Man sold almost as soon as it was posted on the forum here and in my local club site. If anyone is interested in Rip the Ripper let me know. I may be persuaded by the right offer to let him go. I spent many hours on him and there is some sentimental value because I was a skate rat before I was a Disc golfer and this disc (even though it's not an original design) was one of the hardest dyes I've done detail wise.

I can't wait till next year. I'm already working on some new techniques to try and take my dyeing to the next level. Thanks again to everyone that participated.

Yes! Congratulation Philman .Wish I could shake your hand. Pumpkin head is the best dye I've ever seen. You completely earned it. Hopefully next year I can be more competition to you. Now its time for me to do a second place victory round at Red Oak in Burnsville MN. Peace

Thanks man that means alot.

I have to say that judging was INCREDIBLY difficult. The discs were top-notch. There was some really great technical work as well as straight-up nice aesthetics. I even got into a heated discussion (heh) with Mrs. zenbot about a few of them.

A huge thanks to Skinner for championing this.

Congrats to all the winners, the discs were awesome, and I loved looking at them. You guys have some serious talent.

So, is there gonna be an auction or something?
I think originally there was supposed to do something w/ the sales going to the EDGE Foundation?

So, is there gonna be an auction or something?
I think originally there was supposed to do something w/ the sales going to the EDGE Foundation?

It was strongly encouraged.

I donated 6 dyes to EDGE this summer to raise money during some local club events, so I was going to sell my Okthrowberfest stuff for profit. Pumpkin Man Sold already but I still have Rip.

Last edited:
What's the skinny on this philman?
I'll donate both of my entries if it goes to the kids.

Latest posts