• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Are you going APE?

One of my buddies had an ape at the course today(got it from his buddy a local innova pro). He threw into a 25mph headwind low with hyzer. The disc barely flipped up any ie super stable. It was fast as hell though. Better be able to bomb over 400 consistent to throw it. Or smash it on a super anhyzer line. I throw consistent 300-325 and so I didn't even try it. Compare to super fast super stable 11x firebird with crazy fade.

Some people might think different of this disc when they throw it but this was my experience of it.

:clap:
Just what im looking for :)
Thanks for the info. My xcals get flippy once they beat up, hopefully this thing wont.

supposed to be as fast as a boss but more stable... thats what i want to hear, have to keep a brand new boss in the bag at all times, cause i can flip em over when they get beat too much, now i can just get the ape....stoked for this one

Couldn't of said it better!

I was playing with several guys that were "rec" players this weekend and I casually made a comment on one of the tee-pads, "I am going to back hand roller this with my Champion Ape." All of them consequently asked, "can I throw the Ape." In no way were they concerned that I mentioned I was going to back hand roller it; this is only a minor indication to how many pitiful and useless sales this disc is going to generate among players than have no reason throwing it.

I was playing with several guys that were "rec" players this weekend and I casually made a comment on one of the tee-pads, "I am going to back hand roller this with my Champion Ape." All of them consequently asked, "can I throw the Ape." In no way were they concerned that I mentioned I was going to back hand roller it; this is only a minor indication to how many pitiful and useless sales this disc is going to generate among players than have no reason throwing it.

I dunno what this ^ gibberish means other than you have an elitist attitude after 2.5 years of disc golf.

And what kinda 'clever dickey' comes up with a backhand roller 'ruse' for his own enjoyment/entertainment? Especially with a disc that your 'unwitting' audience has probably barely heard of, much less have awareness of it's stability.

If you are "cool" enough to play with them, be cool enough to educate them.
I hope they read up on your shenanigans and 'rec' your day.

Rectum? They damn near killed' em?!

L o L

WHo.... what? Where? WHat?

You were outside, and there were kids, and Innova and those in their sales department should... what? You were rolling. .. huh?

I... what?

HUH?

I made it a casual statement because of two things, I cant throw a back hand roller to save my life with anything more stable than a Wraith, which means no chance at all with an Ape. The other thing is the only time I have seen an Ape was on the PDGA website. After I told them I didn't have one, someone finally processed the rest of my statement and actually got the comedy behind it. It wasn't an elitist statement because they are the same guys that I have been playing with since I started the game and these are the kinda jokes we make all the time around each other.

I made it a casual statement because of two things, I cant throw a back hand roller to save my life with anything more stable than a Wraith, which means no chance at all with an Ape. The other thing is the only time I have seen an Ape was on the PDGA website. After I told them I didn't have one, someone finally processed the rest of my statement and actually got the comedy behind it. It wasn't an elitist statement because they are the same guys that I have been playing with since I started the game and these are the kinda jokes we make all the time around each other.

Here's the script for your next casual statement:

Gke: hi guys. Remember that casual joke I made about throwing a backhand roller with an ape?

Recs: of course, that was so funny we all pissed ourselves. The irony of using an ape as a roller disc is just an outright hoot...what is your hourly rate for our next party?

Gke: well, it gets even better- even though you guys all figured out that I was being sarcastic, I went on a website and used your initial reaction to that joke as being a direct representation of noobs that buy the latest discs because they are too stupid to know that they can't throw them properly. Hardy har har and yuk-yuk-yuk!

Cue the crickets...pan to gke finishing round alone

And besides what's wrong with a new player wanting to throw an Ape? Better that they give it a try, see what it does, and realize it's not for them.

But I don't care what anyone else throws.

I don't really care if its too overstable for me (which it will be), if one of the guys I play with regularly gets an Ape, I want to throw it anyways. Not due to noobishness, just curiosity.

I'd throw it out of curiosity if someone had one, much like a vulcan. My buddy picked one up (and no, he doesn't really have the arm or form for it, but it did get him an extra ~30') so I threw it out of curiosity since it was a disc I'd never throw, way to understable and fast for me, just like I expected. But certainly no harm in trying it out if the opportunity arises, I just wouldn't pay for that opportunity.

Had a chance to to throw one last weekend. Think super fast super stable firebird. Not recommended for people who throw less that 400 average.

sounds like a faster Force...
a bossier XCal...
a Z Nuke...
the big love child of a firebird and a max...
If it comes out of my hand cleanly and flies consistantly, I'll put it in the bag (RHFH) and see if it replaces my biggest/fastest disc (currently a star XCal). If not, it goes in the box with all the other high speed discs I can't throw

Well, at least Avery Jenkins will have a new disc to throw. Sounds like you're going to need around 450' to throw this disc properly.