• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Banger- GT.. worth checking out?

As far as plastic type is concerned, since I only putt with my Banger, I'd only consider Soft or Pro-D. I've never thrown a Soft Banger but I'll probably pick one up eventually to try out whenever I have the cash to blow. I see no reason to get a putting putter in ESP plastic. It would just be slicker and harder off the chains (and more "roll-y" when you miss).

Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, I like a premium plastic driving putter (champ rhyno), so ESP might be a good choice in that capacity. But for me, that thumb groove that feels so comfortable in my putting motion kinda bothers me when I throw it longer.

I have to rotate my thumb/grip a little to drive with the banger, compared to how I held them when I putted with soft bangers...putting my thumb's pad is pointing down into the groove more, but when I drive it's more at an angle and feels mostly like the knuckle in the thump is putting most of the force into the actual lip of the thumb groove...works very well for me.

I love the Banger Pro-D. It is my favorite putter, pretty predictable and just seems to find the chains whenever I need it. I pass over the Aviar and the Wizard for the Banger. It has a great feel to it, and fades just in time.

The banger is plenty stable for even a 300 ft throw. I have a Pro-D Banger that is my primary driver for most shots under 300ft. It is pretty beat up as I have *banged* many trees with it, but it its a nice sturdy disc that holds its fundamental shape. Mine is scuffed up, but hasn't taco'd (I have some seriously taco'd aviars btw, they aren't nearly as sturdy)

Even though its beat in, it holds a straight line just fine. I have even thrown it on some downhill shots where it went 350+ and it still didn't turn over. Like I said its pretty stable.

I don't really like putting with it because like others mentioned it is pretty hard and has an impressive bounce to it.

I haven't tried the ESP one because I like how the Pro-D plastic beats in. Mine doesn't really fade much at all.

Latest posts