• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Banned from a private course resulting from a review on this site

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you and I feel as though something from this story is missing. But based on the information provided. It seems as though the course owner really doesn't want to hear anyones opinion of his course unless it's REALLY POSITIVE. That said I don't think the review is one of the most well written reviews on this site but it's not a horrible example of education in the United Sates of America that some reviews are. But yeah man if you don't want to hear the good and the bad about your course then don't put your course on an open forum on the internet to be criticized.

Nothing missing from the story. I've known jake for 10 years. He would have told me if he argued with the guy. He was with his GF and on vacation, they chatted with the owner a bit, played without him and went along.

Also to the OP I didn't think your review was that bad. It was an honest opinion. I too think some of the tee pads are awkward and I helped install them. I have the same run up on a 200 ft hole as I do on a 400 ft hole so some of those real short pads are kind of a pain. Although I did get my 1st ace this year on one of those short pads Hole 3 @ Hyzer so they can't be that awkward. ;) I also think Morgan is being a bit over the top by banning you for a ok review.

OP didn't review it. I posted the thread because I am more neutral. He didn't ask me to. I decided on my own. and I had my own intreasting experience with Morgan which I have completely left out of this because it's not relavent. Not negative, just inteasting. Also note I don't post the name of the course, or the owner or really any specific details. All you damn sleuths figured all that out.

It is totally within their rights to kick him off.

But there is a big difference between one's rights, and what is in good taste.

It is also within you and your friends rights to publicly shame the course owner for doing so. And I for one encourage you to do so -- give all the details, and include this information in the review.

(Of course, there are lots of good reasons to kick someone off a private course. Just that given a bad review isn't one of them.)

^^^This

Sorry, I think enough folks have reminded me, to assure myself that I don't want to, nor should post the PM. If jake wants to post it, great, I don't care and would laugh but that's his prerogative and I completely understand why he wouldn't and hasn't posted it. it's not that inflammatory. Just hateful, and angry, and direct. You all would not really get that amused in the long run.

Screw this I'm gonna build my own course...with hookers and blackjack.

You know what? forget the course.

Are all of you nooBs who have never heard of Morgan Wright?

Morgan is famous from the PDGA DISCussion Board in the early 2000s. Without ever picking up a disc golf disc, he declared that he was going to a) beat Scott Stokely's then-distance record of 693' b) beat Ken Climo's then-record of ten world championships and c) throw a disc golf disc 400'+ with a chicken-wing style delivery.

Morgan's boasts came from being a prolific lid-thrower - in his defense, he could huck an Ultimate disc a country mile. But I eventually played in a PDGA sanctioned event at Warwick with Morgan, and his disc golf disc prowess was possibly the most comical I've ever seen. His backhands alternated from early releases to wild griplocks, he couldn't putt to save his life, and his chicken-wing flew about 150 feet...downhill. As the Warwick and Albany locals got to know him over the next few years, it became obvious that this guy did not have both oars in the water. Meet him in person and start up a conversation and you can tell in about fifteen seconds that this guy is playing with far less than 52 cards in his deck.

While others (wisely) chose to ignore him, I became someone who publicly called him out on his outlandish claims and behavior, and received my fair share of profanity-laced e-mails and PMs. When Morgan was suspended from the PDGA DISCussion Board by the moderation team and then-Communications Director Steve Dodge for repeatedly posting a picture of naked people, I was blamed. The guy was such a nutjob that I feared running into him at tournaments.

When someone gets a PM and banning from a legitimate private course owner expressing dismay over a negative course review, then we have something to talk about. In the meantime, feel free to completely disregard the ravings of a lunatic. And finally, as someone who has also been banned for life from Hyzer Creek, (I am quite sure that I was the first to win this "accolade") I would like to say to the OP, welcome to the club! :thmbup:

Morgan is famous from the PDGA DISCussion Board in the early 2000s. Without ever picking up a disc golf disc, he declared that he was going to a) beat Scott Stokely's then-distance record of 693' b) beat Ken Climo's then-record of ten world championships and c) throw a disc golf disc 400'+ with a chicken-wing style delivery.

Morgan's boasts came from being a prolific lid-thrower - in his defense, he could huck an Ultimate disc a country mile. But I eventually played in a PDGA sanctioned event at Warwick with Morgan, and his disc golf disc prowess was possibly the most comical I've ever seen. His backhands alternated from early releases to wild griplocks, he couldn't putt to save his life, and his chicken-wing flew about 150 feet...downhill. As the Warwick and Albany locals got to know him over the next few years, it became obvious that this guy did not have both oars in the water. Meet him in person and start up a conversation and you can tell in about fifteen seconds that this guy is playing with far less than 52 cards in his deck.

While others (wisely) chose to ignore him, I became someone who publicly called him out on his outlandish claims and behavior, and received my fair share of profanity-laced e-mails and PMs. When Morgan was suspended from the PDGA DISCussion Board by the moderation team and then-Communications Director Steve Dodge for repeatedly posting a picture of naked people, I was blamed. The guy was such a nutjob that I feared running into him at tournaments.

When someone gets a PM and banning from a legitimate private course owner expressing dismay over a negative course review, then we have something to talk about. In the meantime, feel free to completely disregard the ravings of a lunatic. And finally, as someone who has also been banned for life from Hyzer Creek, (I am quite sure that I was the first to win this "accolade") I would like to say to the OP, welcome to the club! :thmbup:

This was a funny read.

---So you're suggesting maybe the O.P. was right, that everything was hunky-dory until the review?

Well said. Welcome to the thread.

Great reply overall. I've found a few ultimate players who make similar claims; for whatever reason ultimate players are incredibly cocky. You should have seen the team at my school, they were close to last in the division and they thought they rocked.

One time I was playing golf with a kid from the team, showing him the sport. On the third hole he threw the bag I was letting him borrow into the woods and screamed "This is bull****!" before running off. He later told me that disc golf discs are the worst designed pieces of **** he's ever had to use and that he'd beat me easily with a lid. When I tried taking him up on that he was always busy though.

So I guess what I'm saying is that lid throwers who boast about DG prowess aren't necessarily a bit daft, they just can't fathom that a bunch of "losers" could beat them at a similar sport.

If I ever have a private course, it's going to be modeled like an old speakeasy...the really stellar holes (with all the perks like great signage and multiple concrete tees) will only be playable to those "in the know," and when some random Internet reviewer stops by I'll hit a switch and the baskets and tees will drop into the ground, replaced by shoddy rusty homemade targets, only wooden arrows for signage, and lumpy AstroTurf tees, so they'll all go review it poorly on the Internet and people will keep wondering about all the seemingly contradictory 5-disc reviews going up by the "insiders" and people will argue about it on disc golf message boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.