• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Bag

skottyb

Eagle Member
What is the best bag, I have an Innova Competetion but I dont really like it too well.

I am looking at the Revolution Team Carolina bags but I can't seem to make myself pay 125$+ for a bag....

Any ideas? Hookups?

I have a fade tourney bag and I couldn't ask for a better bag. Discgolfcenter.com usually has very competitive prices and free shipping for any purchase over $12. They just went on sale and are around $45. I also have the innova back straps which are awesome and highly recommended!

I have a revo bag that I use pretty often. My favorite bag is my Gorilla Boy though. Really light and comfortable.

What is the best bag, I have an Innova Competetion but I dont really like it too well.

I am looking at the Revolution Team Carolina bags but I can't seem to make myself pay 125$+ for a bag....

Any ideas? Hookups?

What dont you like about the Competition bag? Knowing what you were unhappy with would make it easier to pick a bag that was better.

Id suggest a Revolution bag as they are extrememly durable and well spoken for and tested. Gorillaboy also seems to be a great brand though I have no first hand experience with them.

If the cost is absolutly out of the question then oddly, I would have suggested the Innova Competition. Since that is out I have heard great things about the new Fade Bags.

I would suggest going for a pair of quads instead of the single strap as once you go to it youll never want to go back. Phenix quads are the best of the best in comfort and durability but they also have the price tag to match. If you want to dip down into the $20 dollar area for quads then the Gateway straps are your best bet.

If you decide to go with Innova Back straps I strongly suggest you research it a bunch, as Innova straps are infamous for breaking within the first couple rounds.

As weird as it sounds my brother uses a backpack and loves it. He couldn't justify spending 100+ on a bag. He spent 20 bucks, and he can store drinks, towel, scorecard stuff, and about 30 discs even though he usually packs 7-10. Its unconvientional, but it seemes to serve him quite well.

I had a backpack as srm was referring to before I got the Innova Competition and I would not go back to the backpack at all. It is somewhat convienent, buy with the backpack you have to shuffle through the discs to find the one you are looking for. With the competition bag, it is quick and easy to find. If you don't have quad straps, I would definitley recommend some, I have the pheonix quads and they totally rule.

As weird as it sounds my brother uses a backpack and loves it. He couldn't justify spending 100+ on a bag. He spent 20 bucks, and he can store drinks, towel, scorecard stuff, and about 30 discs even though he usually packs 7-10. Its unconvientional, but it seemes to serve him quite well.

My brother n law currently uses a regular bookbag, he took the disc dividers from his Innova deluxe bag and it fit in perfectly to organiz the discs.

That all depends on what you want.

See my "Bag Buyers Guide" in the Files section of my Yahoo Group DG Resources for lots of info to help you decide.

Personally, I've been extremely happy with Gateway. Great bags at an affordable price.

For small bags I am very happy with my Gorilla Boy Squirrel Monkey. 12 discs and a great water bottle holder, light and sturdy and should outlast my right arm!

Everyone I've talked to who has a Revolution Bag absolutely loves theirs, and recommended I get one as well. I went to buy a bag on gottagogottathrow, and the dude had very good things to say about them. He actually talked me out of buying a comparably priced Fade bag to get the base line Revo bag (not made anymore, I bought GGGT's last one). He said any of the Revo's should easily last 3 yrs even if you just abuse it constantly, but the Fade bags, Innovas and others made overseas (most brands besides Revo and GorillBoy) usually last about to 3 yrs of hard use before they'll wear out.

Also, he said the guy who makes Revo bags really stands by their quality and reputation, and if you somehow had a defect or problem with any of his gear he'd replace it right away, even though there isnt an explicit warrantee on his stuff. (the "crap in a box and guaruntee it" scene from Tommy Boy comes to mind)

Fade seems good, too, and has a 2 year warrantee on all their stuff, part of why I almost bought one, but it really depends on how often you'll be using it and how hard you/your course will be on your bag.

Sofar, I love my new bag and its holding up well to winter weather. My friends' Revos still look new after two yrs, and I expect mine will as well.

Well, there's my 4 cents (2 cents + and 2 more)

Actually I only spent $7 on the backpack which is the main reason I went that route. I keep backup discs in the big pocket and my 4 discs I usually play with in the front. Since I only use 4 discs most of the time flipping through isn't an issue. I also like the 2 drink holders and all the extra pockets for keys, paper, pencil, phone, etc.

That being said, since it's not designed for disc golf, I find it wearing out and my disc pockets are starting to rip. Then again maybe that's because it only cost $7.

For the record, I think I'm getting a Fade Crunch for my next bag when this one finally bites the dust.

Actually I only spent $7 on the backpack which is the main reason I went that route. I keep backup discs in the big pocket and my 4 discs I usually play with in the front. Since I only use 4 discs most of the time flipping through isn't an issue. I also like the 2 drink holders and all the extra pockets for keys, paper, pencil, phone, etc.

Okay, but I was close. Imagine what you could have if you spent 20$. Also, the idea about the disc seperator in a backpack is a great idea.

Played with my new Fade Lite bag yesterday. First DG bag I have really liked. Bottle holder cinches up and never came close to losing the bottle when I tossed it around. I play with 7-8 discs and a Powerade. Putter pocket truly holds 2 putters. Very comfortable, even jumping ditches.

bayouace,
Would a Nalgene style water bottle fit nicely into the bottle holder? Looks like a nice bag, any further info you can offer would be greatly appreciated., (build quality, strap, stability etc...)
Thanks.

That being said, since it's not designed for disc golf, I find it wearing out and my disc pockets are starting to rip. Then again maybe that's because it only cost $7.

For the record, I think I'm getting a Fade Crunch for my next bag when this one finally bites the dust.

I've been using an old backpack for the past what, 2 years, but I just today replaced it with a dg bag I found a deal on. I really liked my backpack, but its zipper ultimately broke under the strain. I never had any trouble "flipping through" discs, because mine are all different colors, making it easy to go straight for the one I wanted.

Another thing to consider is that a good, durable general-use backpack is likely to cost you more than a disc golf bag of comparable size, so you might as well buy something that's designed for carrying discs. I've also seen a few backpack-style dg bags advertised online.

I have a Gateway Tour bag had it for about 4 years my friends just said the other day that it still looked new. never any problems with it I also have the Phenix Straps great straps never had a problem never wanted for anything else.

My vote for the best bags out there goes to Gorilla Boy Disc Sports. GBDS owner makes each bag and stands behind the craftsmanship of his product. I currently have 3 GBDS bags in my house, My Silverback, my wife's Silverback and my daughters Spider Monkey. All of these bags are built to last and are extremely light.

I have owned a Revolution Bag and after getting my 1st GBDS bag traded it away and have never looked back. Most people who get a GBDS bag after owning some other bag always comment on the quality of the craftsmanship and how light they are.

All GBDS bags are made with 1000d Cordura which is an extremely tough and durable material that will take all kinds of abuse on the course.

GBDS has bags ranging in price from $35 - $110

That all depends on what you want.

See my "Bag Buyers Guide" in the Files section of my Yahoo Group DG Resources for lots of info to help you decide.

Personally, I've been extremely happy with Gateway. Great bags at an affordable price.

Any plans to update the list. You have a lot of bags on there that aren't even available anymore yet have nothing about the individual bags from Gorilla Boy Disc Sports, new Revo Bags, Fade Bags, new Innova bags etc.

Its a nice list but not very relevant for someone trying to purchase a bag on today's market

I'm tough on equipment. For some reason, the wear and tear I put on most of my sporting equipment exceeds everyone I know. Of course, I play more than most people.

I bought a Fade Touney Bag ($39.95), put quad straps on it and have beat the crap out of it over the last four months.

Other than a few mud stains and emptying the leaves and dirt that accumulates inside the bag once in awhile, the bag shows no sign of wear.

The front pocket holds 2 putters easily and the two beverage holders with cinch straps are nice.

I'm dish it out and the bag has taken it with flying colors.

Woodpecker

Latest posts