• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

best disc you have ever lost?

I lost a sweet elite-z buzzz with a custom memorial stamp into the cabbage palm jungle of southwest Florida. One of my favorite discs ever!

Just now lost my old school champ firebird. flattest sweetest thing ever... hole 2 renny in the thick thick stuff.

Oh well, time to pull the previously retired 11x ace firebird out of retirement. I shall call it "favre".

A beautiful ocean blue First Run Boss on hole #8 at Manor. Had it too high and it hyzered off into the woods. I looked forever.

my Wildcat, the Champion version of discarft cant think of it at the moment

loved that thing

IMG_0110.jpg

Elite z is the plastic your thinking about:hfive:

I had a pink and blue dyed disc with a howling wolf stamp on it. I can't even remember what kind it was but it just came up missing. One of those things where I always thought I would find it under the seat of my truck or it would be under the couch or something. Just absolutely no clue where it went. Probably left it in a basket or walked away from it and didn't remember doing it.

I lost my DX Roc and i had been using that thing for the longest time. I was so mad when i lost it

Lost my first and favorite disc ... turned over my Blue 170g DX Leopard today on hole 14 at Preisker Park in Santa Maria, CA. Long hole, west facing, wide open, small pond on right side, way out of play though ... decent wind out of the NNW ... turned it over and right into the drink. Hyzer, flipped and then it was gone and never came back. :-( It is a long wide open hole, playing behind 3 guys that were taking their time, so I threw my Teebird, great drive ... wanted to see what the Leopard could do in comparison ...

Now I need to decide what to replace it with: DX, Pro or CH and stick with 170g or up it to 175g (I had an old thread I started on this ... I never bought a new one, but the recommendations were Champ, some said stick with 170g). It was very beat and quite flippy anyway.

RIP Sweet Leopard

Homemade flat top roc. It was awesome. I know their illegal but i dont care. I'm making another tonight

Also the 15 1st Run Buzzzes I threw in the Brazos river kinda sucked considering that was at least $750 in plastic at today's current prices.

Why? Did you lose them over time or did you just decide you felt like hukking 15 of them into the river? Or were you trying to win a bet throwing across the river?

I lost a 169g Augusta Wraith about 4 months after I bought it in the huge pile of storm debris/tree trimmings that the city dumps on the 9th fairway at Oak Grove every Jan/Feb. Disc went in there a week before the 06 Wintertime Open and I looked for like 2hrs that day and came back on subsequent days looking for it. I never saw it out of my hand and my friend wasn't looking when I threw.

When I was in college, I bought a brand new, Champion Ed. Eagle and took it out t the course (CMU). It was crazy windy and the first hole had large pond that stretched the entire left edge of the fairway. I shouldn't have thrown my new Eagle but I was excited to use it. Well, I huck it and a huge gust of wind lifts it on the fade and drops it a good ways into the pond. FML

Custom dyed, pro-Orc, perfectly beat-in. Had and ace with that disc should have retired it, instead threw it the only spot to lose a disc at UNC. I'll have to wait till fall when things start dieing to look for it.

KC Pro 11X Whippet...drove it to within the circle, putted from it as a marker, made the putt, went and got my putter, put my putter in the bag, and went to the next hole....

There should have been one more step in the process...like picking up my Whippet. :wall:

fleash colored Star Teerex, loved that thing.

I got over it, best thing that was ever said to me was from Mark Ellis. He showed up early for a clinic to work with me and I had just lost a Star Leopard on hole 19 at Kensington playing few holes before he showed up. I mentioned it to him and he just casually said "Eehhh, they'll make more." I don't know why but at that moment it hit me that it is just plastic and there is no need to make any disc into anything special. Its all in our heads.

KC Pro 11X Whippet...drove it to within the circle, putted from it as a marker, made the putt, went and got my putter, put my putter in the bag, and went to the next hole....

There should have been one more step in the process...like picking up my Whippet. :wall:

Yeah that sux. I almost lost my beloved Star "Flat-top" Roc this way. I made it to the parking lot and was about to leave when for some reason I decided to check my bag one more time.... "Oh crap! I left my Roc on the last hole!":doh:

I ran back to where I left it as my lie and some other teenagers were right there playing and they see me walk right over pick it up, smile and say, "Excuse me fellas.... this belongs to me."

They were standing right next to it and didnt even see it. From that point on I ALWAYS check my bag before leaving, and I really should make it a habit after every hole.

From that point on I ALWAYS check my bag before leaving, and I really should make it a habit after every hole.

That's a rare one, for me. That's not to say I haven't left discs lay, but I'm usually quick to figure it out. I didn't catch on to this until I was home. DOH!

I'm particular about the way I put my discs in the bag: They're organized in a specific pattern. Sounds a bit OCD, but it really helps to see if somethings missing. It's saved me a few times.

Finally lost a tennis ball colored 169g champ Valkyrie that would disappear in the middle of the fairway and I probably spent a couple hours over two summers looking for it right in the open. I would have given up on it, but it flew so straight so consistently. Finally grip locked it and threw it 375 across another fairway and into the middle of a muddy creek. :(

Latest posts