• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

best disc you have ever lost?

....there is no need to make any disc into anything special. Its all in our heads.

Actually, it's in our wallets! No biggie if it's standard production, but it does hurt a little more when it's rarer plastic (meaning expensive) or the perfectly beat-in DX Roc. I was more P-O'd about losing that Roc than some of my Champ Tie Dyes...

I lost a really nice medium S Wizard from when they were stiff but not super stiff and a bit chalky but not too chalky ('04). The weird thing was it was a nice drive but it somehow got zapped into the 5th dimension and disappeared before it hit the ground.

I lost my favorite dx wraith. I was broke in just right. It just vanished into thin air, I look for at least 20 minutes. It was bright pink! How could I not find it? Ive had many dx wraiths since that one, but I will always compare them to "Pinky Tuskadaro".
Biz
Team Bert

I have a tendency to lose Roadrunnres. Lost about 4-5 in the last 5 yrs. Don't know why but I lose those the most, and that's not even the disc I throw the most.

Orange Champion Viking, tossed into the center of the swamp at Bryant Lake, my buddy followed it in with a TieDye Champ beast.

Not a good round that day.

I got over it, best thing that was ever said to me was from Mark Ellis. He showed up early for a clinic to work with me and I had just lost a Star Leopard on hole 19 at Kensington playing few holes before he showed up. I mentioned it to him and he just casually said "Eehhh, they'll make more." I don't know why but at that moment it hit me that it is just plastic and there is no need to make any disc into anything special. Its all in our heads.

I wish that were always true. I left behind at a course an OOP Python that had become my go to hyzer flp disc. They don't make those anymore. :(

As for those discs that are still in production, the level of heartburn over a lost disc can very. I had lost a Champion Valkyrie a few months ago. I really liked the disc but it didn't do anything special per se. I was more aggravated than anything that I was going to have to buy a new one to replace it. Then a couple of weeks ago I lost my beat in DX Sidewinder. This disc had become my next go to hyzer flip disc. I was able to pull off some truly amazing lines with this disc. Losing that disc was a big hit to my game. Suffice it to say, I've bought a new DX Sidewinder and the beat in process is going to have to start all over again (I guess I'm not too brutal on my discs as even DX takes a little while to start changing their out of the box behaviors for me). As it is now, off the shelf new, it's nothin' like my old Sidewinder.

I know it's not in my head, because the only other disc I own that I can hyzer flip to the degree which I could get out of the Python and Sidewinder is my trusty old Scorpion. And I've become VERY selective on the holes I throw it on.

174 Champion Edition Roc on #7 at Redan a few years ago. The worst part is it was only about a week old and had been thrown maybe 30 at most. If anyone is familiar with this course/hole then you know it's easy to lose something in it. My fault for not using an expendable DX roc...:/

found a brand new fly dye Buzz (the one that turned me onto them!)

we skipped around our local course ended up at the sig which includes a raging river this summer from mountain run off thru a beauty shot but it didnt come back to hole as much as needed and it was gone swallowed by the river gone forever

lost more discs in that dang river this summer than all last year! and good discs too!

and just last week my buddy who had me best man at wedding lost his wedding band in the river while looking for discs (I know I know I already told him WHY THE HELL ARE YOU WEARING RING IN THE RIVER!?!?!?!?!?!)

I lost a first run boss two years ago on THE hole 8. I didn't know until today that THE hole 8 reference was Manor, TX. That Boss was a sweet disc. Slightly high speed understable but would always come out of it's turn and the first disc I could throw 375' on a football field.

I just lost an elite Z Flash that worked well for me. A stupid throw that didn't come out if its annie and went around a blind corner. :(

About a year ago, I had just bought a Champ Leopard before the round started. Didn't use it till hole 7 on Dolese and birdied the hole (my first birdie ever). Armageddon-level griplock on #8 put it in the pond to the right. Not good times. I've replaced it of course, but I always wonder about that disc...

I had a elite z buzzz that I had tons of ace runs with, ended up bouncing it off a tree and laded it in a pond/swamp water...Well decided I couldn't play without it so I went swimming for it the next day. Two days later I got my first ace with it, so well worth the nasty swim

My friend had his 169g First Edition TL stolen off the fairway by the group behind us who promptly took left as soon as the snagged it.

Lost a well seasoned 172g White Star Teerex either in Lake or in the immense shrubbery surrounding it. It was pretty much my perfect forehand driver, 350'+ easy with it with next to no fade at that point, just straight... beautiful.. I really miss that disc. I have yet to replace it, it's been about 1.5 months.

I consistently lose Teebirds. It's pretty much my goto driver for technical holes or water shots or anything really, so I keep 4 on me at all times, and keep them rotating in use to help them be seasoned appropriately.

Lost the first disc i ever owned bout 6 months ago..nice DX Shark...went in the water and it was Feb. so couldnt go in after it but plan on going back asap to dive for it. Also, I just lost a new Pro-D XL....i think it just fell out of my bag b/c i never got a chance to throw it :confused:

DANGIT!!!.....

I lost my frickin' favorite disc today in the kudzu at Renny on the first freakin' hole.... I almost wanted to cry....

First my Champ Banshee and now my freakin' tennis-ball yellow Star Destroyer. That junk went so deep that it wouldnt have mattered if I put my name and number on it or not. It's gone.

just lost my champ destroyer in the mighty red river of the north. What a drag, especially since the water is shallow but you step in the mud and sink 4 feet.

Latest posts