• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best season to play?

Best Seasons for Disc Golf

• Total voters

optidiscic

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Getting sick of summer heat here. It seems every season has it pros and cons...I am looking forward to fall. So I figured why not a poll and please give reasons why for each. Summer is great more sunlight but more crowds,more vegetation and too hot. Fall is awesome cooler less foliage but all those leaves easy to lose a disc. Winter is great less crowds, no poison, bugs, but so cold and less light. Spring is nice warms up and more light but often wet muddy in my parts.

i would have picked summer if it was an option.......summer is the best season ever..longer days, trees are in full bloom with leaves, not as many rainy days, ITS NOT COLD!!, and ive always been a big fan of summer.....spring is nice, but it rains too much, fall is ok but i cant stand the whole, "stand in the sun and your warm, stand in the shade your freezing" thing.....and winter just BLOWS!! its cold as hell, bad weather, cant feel your hands/face, the only thing good about it is the holidays...**i voted the second fall, hoping you meant summer :)

but even after all that anytime i get to play golf is a good time :)

From St. Louis. Get everything here. Summer gets too hot, winter is too cold. Spring would be the easiest, and hardest to lose a disc in :)

All four have advantages and disadvantages. Speaking from a weather perspective, I would choose fall because its the right mix of moderated temperature and relative lack of storminess. If only they could do something about the leaves on the ground covering your disc.

All four have advantages and disadvantages. Speaking from a weather perspective, I would choose fall because its the right mix of moderated temperature and relative lack of storminess. If only they could do something about the leaves on the ground covering your disc.

dude you have six hundred and sixty six post, stop there man, stop there!

Fall Is the Best!!!!!

Fall time is the best time in my opinion to play. It isn't very wet, Foliage is not present, cool, and beer tastes good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fall. Crisp fall morning of DG and a good college football game that evening. Grass at home grows slower in the Fall as well.

When you play in Texas - Spring is king. Summer kills, and fall is still to hot. Winter is okay - but things are browner and windier.

Fall is supreme for discin in Michigan. Spring is Muddy and wet, Winter is way to freakin' cold, summer is hot humid n buggy. The only drawbacks to fall are the freak days when it gets wicked cold and / or snows, and discs are harder to find under leaves.

Fall is supreme for discin in Michigan. Spring is Muddy and wet, Winter is way to freakin' cold, summer is hot humid n buggy. The only drawbacks to fall are the freak days when it gets wicked cold and / or snows, and discs are harder to find under leaves.

damn it was hot yesterday and today lol, but fall is hunting season in michigan :p

Fall #2 was meant to be summer

Excuse my airhead moment was probably subliminally thinking bout fall i am sick of heat bugs crowds poison overgrown vegetation high grass and sweaty hands. Can u tell i chose fall winter