• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best turnover disc

burt5885

Birdie Member
i really dont have a turnover disc in my bag so i was wondering what would be a good one to pick up and try out? I was thinking sidewinder or avenger ss?

Keep breaking in that River, but I do admit, I see my River having more of a gentle turn and typically FH a Pred if I need something sharper, so a good TO driver might be good for me as well since my FH gets about 100' shorter than my BH, if not more.

Heard good things about the Avenger SS and Roadrunner.

Gold Line Vision is a disc that will flip right off the bat for you. Opto ones (at least the ones I've thrown) have been more stable so stick with a Gold Line one.

i had the vision for a while but it just didnt click with me, just didnt feel good in my hand.

Gold Line Vision is a disc that will flip right off the bat for you. Opto ones (at least the ones I've thrown) have been more stable so stick with a Gold Line one.

ya my river has too much fade to it right now, not sure why im still using it lol I throw FH primarily mostly with my pred but i want something i cant practice BH turnover.

Keep breaking in that River, but I do admit, I see my River having more of a gentle turn and typically FH a Pred if I need something sharper, so a good TO driver might be good for me as well since my FH gets about 100' shorter than my BH, if not more.

Heard good things about the Avenger SS and Roadrunner.

ya my river has too much fade to it right now, not sure why im still using it lol I throw FH primarily mostly with my pred but i want something i cant practice BH turnover.

How heavy of a River? The ones across the mid 160s turn nice, but some of them have been known to suprise you with how stable they are. Typically though, of the 2 GLs that I have thrown a good bit, that fade starts to; well, fade.

I like Roadrunners. I have a Star thats getting pretty beat, but its still predictable.

I use a few discs for this shot depending on the wind and distance.

1. Medium range shot I use the teebird. It also gives me a straighter line with more accuracy when needed.

2. I use a seasoned pro wraith for longer shots. This disc also allows me to throw larger sweeping shots when I have a little more room.

3. I use the Z nuke for long open shots when I am trying to squeeze every bit I can from the disc.

CHEERS - Koffee

i cant get any of these 3 to turnover haha

I use a few discs for this shot depending on the wind and distance.

1. Medium range shot I use the teebird. It also gives me a straighter line with more accuracy when needed.

2. I use a seasoned pro wraith for longer shots. This disc also allows me to throw larger sweeping shots when I have a little more room.

3. I use the Z nuke for long open shots when I am trying to squeeze every bit I can from the disc.

CHEERS - Koffee

A Roc in just about any type of plastic...now if you are talking about something in the 300-360 range then probably a star sidewinder. 360 and beyond, a beat pro destroyer in the high 160s.

To the O.P., I won't pretend to offer an answer, not knowing how you throw.....

But an observation that among sidewinders I've owned, Champion plastic is vastly more understable (turning over) than Star.

Some drivers I've used: Roadrunner, Sidewinder, Monarch, Vision, TL, Leopard, Avenger SS, and River. Out of these, the Roadrunner, Vision, Monarch, and River, will turnover right out of the box. Also, the River, Vision, Leopard, and TL have a very predictable and well controlled anhyzer to them.

For mids: Wolf, Classic Roc, Glide, Hawk, Breeze (big time!), Comet, Panther (requires seasoning), Fuse, and Core.
Although it requires some seasoning. The Panther has been money for me. The Wolf is an awesome turnover disc, but it doesn't have much glide/distance to it.

Latest posts