• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Best Tweeners

I'm using Envy/Proxy so much these days that I'm considering taking mids out of my bag. There's not a huge gap (for me) between Envy/Proxy and my speed 7 fairways (Resistor/Rival/Patriot).

Harp for putter/mid tween.

Warship for mid/fairway tween.

This one may be a bit weirder and splitting hairs more, but I feel like my QOLF can be great for both straight controlled fairway drives and longer distance drives with some lateral movement. But that's just me.

Ascent is a legendary gapper. :thmbup::thmbup::clap:
So versatile.
Best of the sevens. Not that there is alot of speed seven discs, you could count them all on one hand, and you wont even need your thumb.
Luvs me some seven.

Ascent is a legendary gapper. :thmbup::thmbup::clap:
So versatile.
Best of the sevens. Not that there is alot of speed seven discs, you could count them all on one hand, and you wont even need your thumb.
Luvs me some seven.

Love 'em too but...

Eagle, teebird, rival, patriot, cyclone...wait already used my thumb and didn't even count yours...

I use the suspect, kaxe and kaxeZ for mids. Actually, the suspect is my true tweener. I have it in putter plastic(classic blend) that has soo much touch to approach with, then I have it in premium(lucid,fusion,bio) which is great off the tee because of durability and added glide. Wonder what prime would be like :\

I use the suspect, kaxe and kaxeZ for mids. Actually, the suspect is my true tweener. I have it in putter plastic(classic blend) that has soo much touch to approach with, then I have it in premium(lucid,fusion,bio) which is great off the tee because of durability and added glide. Wonder what prime would be like :\

Correct answer, Suspect is the best tweener. I got 8 of them, probably too many actually. Really love them all, my favorite is the Blend though. It's beefy enough that it really only flies putter distance, low glide. Love it.

I bag a sentinel for those long mid shots and a whippet for general OS duties. I consider them both tweeners

Putter/Mid Tweener: Suspect
Mid/Fairway Tweener: Warship (Truth is almost as long too)
Fairway/Control Driver Tweener: Saint Pro

I use my Envy in a lot of spots I see other people throw a Roc. I also recently picked up a Pure. It's very similar to my Envy, not quite as good into a headwind but still very versatile. I actually use it as my primary mid in my Trilogy bag. I also carry a Warship that's borderline fairway, but still feels very mid like.

My favorite disc that most consider a tweener is the Stalker. I personally don't see it as a tweener between a mid and a fairway. Yes, it feels somewhat mid like, but for me it's long for a fairway. I consistently throw it at least 20' further than my Crave or Inspire and sometimes get it out as far as my control drivers like my Escape or Volt.

Wow, can't believe I am the first to say this. The champion panther is one hell of a mid/fairway tweeter. I use that disc more than my leopards as a matter of fact. Envy is definitely a putter/mid tweeter and a great one at that.

My favorite disc that most consider a tweener is the Stalker. I personally don't see it as a tweener between a mid and a fairway. Yes, it feels somewhat mid like, but for me it's long for a fairway. I consistently throw it at least 20' further than my Crave or Inspire and sometimes get it out as far as my control drivers like my Escape or Volt.

Yes sir, totally with you. My Stalker is the disc I want when I don't think I can get the distance I need out of my Warship, but don't want the fade I get from my Teebird. Maybe the mid/fairway tweener comparison comes from the fact that it flies like a super straight mid just at longer distances. It gives me a great long straight flight as long as I'm careful not to turn it over. It does still catch me off guard from time to time, though. :|

I love my avengers and mantis, they are amazing. They are simply fairway drivers in my opinion, but they're noticeably faster than a leo or tb. Many players on these forums call these speed 9-10-11ish discs "control drivers" which is a label I dislike and ignore, but they definitely fit in between gazelles and destroyers/bosses in speed.

The r-pro dart is a really amazing disc in between the average magnet and buzzz IMO.

Gateway has a few great tweeners.

- Sabre: a slower fairway, kinda feels like a fast mid. It glides 5ever.
- Scout: I was not as keen on this, but it is about the same speed as the Sabre.
-Chief and Shaman : they are fast putters, but boy do they go. All the control of a putter with the distance of a mid.
- Spirit: If the Flick was mentioned, I feel this should be too.

Latest posts