• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Best Tweeners

nobody saying PD... fairway driver control with distance driver distance...

Yes sir, totally with you. My Stalker is the disc I want when I don't think I can get the distance I need out of my Warship, but don't want the fade I get from my Teebird. Maybe the mid/fairway tweener comparison comes from the fact that it flies like a super straight mid just at longer distances. It gives me a great long straight flight as long as I'm careful not to turn it over. It does still catch me off guard from time to time, though. :|

Get one in Ti plastic if you can find it. If you don't turn a Teebird over, you won't turn the Ti Stalker over either, but it will still finish straighter.

Z - Stalker is just right. Plenty of stability while being really straight. No need to seek out an OOP disc. Just get one 175g+.

I will throw in a vote for the harp. I carry a soft and a hard. Love this disc for a lot of shots, and I can trust it in the wind.

Pure, Zombee, and Bandit fit these slots for me.

I love my mids, but the addition of Envies to my lineup takes up a lot of their play time. Really solid disc with either power or finnesse.

Other tweeners I've tried yet dropped:

Trident (fairway that acts like a mid)
Warship (mid that acts like a fairway)
Switch (fairway that acts like a mid)
Warrior (mid that acts like a fairway)
Karma (mid that acts like a fairway)
Skeeter (mid that acts like a fairway)
Zone (putter that acts like a mid)
Cyclone (fairway that acts like a mid)
XD (putter that acts like a mid)
Shaman (putter that acts like a mid)
Chief (putter that acts like a mid)

I just discovered the Pig is a nice driving putter/mid.....if flies straight with a slight right when thrown flat RHBH

I used the Pig for quite a while. Then I discovered the Suspect and the pig went back to the barn.

When its really windy, on certain holes I even putt with a Suspect.

I'm a little surprised there aren't more understable nominees. I know several people that swear by XDs.